I just don't get the BlackBerry/TCL logic of launching a new BB phone, then not having it available for sale on the launch date. For the past week I've been looking on Amazon, Key2 available in 1-2 months it says... a few Silver in Stock for a minute, then gone again. I want to buy this phone, but honestly the delay is just a deal killer for me. Maybe I can buy thru Best Buy, but I don't get to use my Amazon rewards and Amex discounts there, like at Amazon. I refuse to be essentially 'forced' to buy from another vendor not of my choice, just to get a BlackBerry phone. And really, is it 'that great' a device that I'm going to do that? No. I just don't get this BlackBerry exercise of making customers jump thru all kinds of hoops to get their product. I played along for a few phones now, but this time it's just maddeningly annoying and not worth it any more. Any other device I could go buy it the day it's 'supposedly' available. BlackBerry just totally drops the ball here.
    Last edited by kobnyc; 07-29-18 at 07:27 PM.
    07-23-18 02:15 PM
    I just don't get the BlackBerry/TCL logic of launching a new BB phone, then not having it available for sale on the launch date. For the past week I've been looking on Amazon, Key2 available in 1-2 months it says... a few Silver in Stock for a minute, then gone again. I want to buy this phone, but honestly the delay is just a deal killer for me. Maybe I can buy thru Best Buy, but I don't get to use my Amazon rewards and Amex discounts there, like at Amazon. I refuse to be essentially 'forced' to buy from another vendor not of my choice, just to get a BlackBerry phone. And really, is it 'that's great' a device that I'm going to do that? No. I just don't get this BlackBerry exercise of making customers jump thru all kinds of hoops to get their product. I played along for a few phones now, but this time it's just maddeningly annoying and not worth it any more. Any other device I could go buy it the day it's 'supposedly' available. BlackBerry just totally drops the ball here.
    TCL is a budget manufacturer. Most of their devices are cheap burner phones. They still don't know how to run a supply chain.
    07-23-18 02:16 PM
    Best Buy has stock today
    07-23-18 02:23 PM
    Even if Amazon is showing delays, they have been fulfilling this past week. If you're willing to wait a few days to get your discount, I'd order from there and see if it clears and ships this week.
    07-23-18 05:25 PM
    Even if Amazon is showing delays, they have been fulfilling this past week. If you're willing to wait a few days to get your discount, I'd order from there and see if it clears and ships this week.
    Did you order when amzn had a fulfillment date of 1-2 months? Did you get a more recent ship update?
    07-23-18 05:28 PM
    Did you order when amzn had a fulfillment date of 1-2 months? Did you get a more recent ship update?
    Worse, I was one of the pre-orders which wasn't fulfilled on release date. My order changed to August 7-30 expected delivery, then to shipping. I have seen other reports on here of people ordering since release who have had their phone shipped as well.
    07-23-18 05:43 PM
    I'm OK with placing an order on Amazon and waiting for a month-ish. I just need assurance I won't receive someone else's return!

Posted via CB10
    07-23-18 05:50 PM
    I just don't get the BlackBerry/TCL logic of launching a new BB phone, then not having it available for sale on the launch date..
    ^This. Such enormous incompetence.

It’s not like they are Apple and have droves of customers dying to purchase their phones, so they need to capture the enthusiasm of the dwindling few who are left and they can’t even manage to do that with 1-2 month delays to even buy the phone.
    07-23-18 06:20 PM
    I ordered from Amazon around 7/6 and my silver Key2 is due to be delivered tomorrow. I'm a Prime member but they didn't do 2 day shipping for some reason.
    07-23-18 06:30 PM
    TCL is a budget manufacturer. Most of their devices are cheap burner phones. They still don't know how to run a supply chain.
    "...cheap burner phones," don't they require running a supply chain, too?

Posted via CB10
    07-23-18 08:36 PM
    I just don't get the BlackBerry/TCL logic of launching a new BB phone, then not having it available for sale on the launch date. For the past week I've been looking on Amazon, Key2 available in 1-2 months it says... a few Silver in Stock for a minute, then gone again. I want to buy this phone, but honestly the delay is just a deal killer for me. Maybe I can buy thru Best Buy, but I don't get to use my Amazon rewards and Amex discounts there, like at Amazon. I refuse to be essentially 'forced' to buy from another vendor not of my choice, just to get a BlackBerry phone. And really, is it 'that's great' a device that I'm going to do that? No. I just don't get this BlackBerry exercise of making customers jump thru all kinds of hoops to get their product. I played along for a few phones now, but this time it's just maddeningly annoying and not worth it any more. Any other device I could go buy it the day it's 'supposedly' available. BlackBerry just totally drops the ball here.
    I agree 100%. I was terribly disappointed that I couldn't order on the day of release. After grossly underestimating demand last year for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, I expected a better roll-out this go-around for the Key². I was so bothered that I immediately started shopping for Non-BlackBerry phones.

Now, I'm resigned to just keeping my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and getting the Key² at a much later date.
    07-23-18 08:44 PM
    "...cheap burner phones," don't they require running a supply chain, too?

Posted via CB10
    Not a sophisticated one that requires delivering tens of thousands of expensive flawless units at a time.
    07-23-18 09:06 PM
    I agree 100%. I was terribly disappointed that I couldn't order on the day of release. After grossly underestimating demand last year for the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, I expected a better roll-out this go-around for the Key². I was so bothered that I immediately started shopping for Non-BlackBerry phones.

Now, I'm resigned to just keeping my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and getting the Key² at a much later date.
    I was also extremely annoyed that the Key2 wasn't available for purchase the day or so after the event in NYC.
    07-23-18 10:58 PM
    ---Quote---
    ---Quote (Originally by burbunny)---
    Worse, I was one of the pre-orders which wasn't fulfilled on release date. My order changed to August 7-30 expected delivery, then to shipping. I have seen other reports on here of people ordering since release who have had their phone shipped as well.
    ---End Quote---
    I was in the same boat placing a pre-order (albeit towards the end of that window) and not even receiving a tentative ship date until AFTER the actual release date. Got the Aug7-27 guesstimate and thought "naw, we'll see about that" and marched over to worstbuy. After failing twice on line, I finally walked my lazy rear end into the actual b&m store and paid for one on the 17th. Got it two anna half days later. O, and, in the meantime, scamazon's shipped the day before and will get to me tomorrow. Wasn't canceling the either before I had one securely in my meat hooks.

---End Quote---
    07-24-18 01:58 AM
    Wow! That is such a letdown. The upside is that with this delay there should be less of an issue with spacebar or other mentioned issues on these forums. Black or silver K2?
    07-24-18 12:04 PM
    Wow! That is such a letdown. The upside is that with this delay there should be less of an issue with spacebar or other mentioned issues on these forums. Black or silver K2?
    07-24-18 12:06 PM
    Silver... and it looks sooo sleek!
    07-24-18 12:46 PM
    Silver... and it looks sooo sleek!
    Finally got it? I might look into getting the silver. Spacebar ok?
    07-24-18 01:59 PM
    Got mine Sunday. Now for the KeyOne, selling time!
    07-24-18 02:32 PM
    Reading all this, I'm surprised how comparatively easy it is to pre-order and actually get your device as scheduled in Europe. Pre-ordered mine on day 1 (late June) and the July 12th delivery date was never moved the whole time.
    07-24-18 02:42 PM
    Finally got it? I might look into getting the silver. Spacebar ok?
    Spacebar is fantastic. Yes, it sounds slightly different than the other keys, but doesn't "wobble" and the difference in click I attribute to the different functionality with it being the print scanner. No complaints!
    07-24-18 03:23 PM
    Perhaps the delayed delivery phones are updated and released once the issues are fixed. Worth the probably!
    07-24-18 03:34 PM
    They should be more transparent with their customers at the minimum. That's the most disappointing thing about this whole thing...
    07-24-18 03:48 PM
    They should be more transparent with their customers at the minimum. That's the most disappointing thing about this whole thing...
    Transparency in business??? Bro this is business.
    the_boon likes this.
    07-24-18 04:19 PM
    My thoughts as well. Come to think of it, transparency is going the way of the dodo. Extremely disappointed, but wat to do with a behemoth like ramadamalamascamazon? My whining over a couple weeks delay onna sub-k product is gonna sound like this to them...

[/crickets]

They're pulling 100k plus new subs to prime annually, STILL, so little people, stfu! It's cool, though. That gravy train gonna run out soon enough. Kinda surprised they ain't got slapped the antitrust, yet. Then again, with our inept (read: corrupt) congress and the sparsity of like suits, kinda not surprised sometimes.

In lighter news, my second silver keytoo is out for delivery! C'mon, bring my package mr postman. O ya, I've been waiting mr postman...
    07-24-18 04:42 PM
73 123