Just look at the comments for people and the K2. So many obsessed with the sound of music of coming from the speaker on phone. If people think listening to music on speakerphone is a priority then that send the message that consumers don't know what good audio quality is.
    Grabber5.0 likes this.
    07-10-18 06:36 PM
    Just look at the comments for people and the K2. So many obsessed with the sound of music of coming from the speaker on phone. If people think listening to music on speakerphone is a priority then that send the message that consumers don't know what good audio quality is.
    That's true, from an audiophile perspective, but as a speakerphone and occasional convenient loudspeaker, it would be nice if the KEYone and KEY2 sounded as good as a five-year old BB10 phone.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    07-10-18 06:56 PM
    That's true, from an audiophile perspective, but as a speakerphone and occasional convenient loudspeaker, it would be nice if the KEYone and KEY2 sounded as good as a five-year old BB10 phone.

Some of those five year old BB10 phones supported Bluetooth aptx-HD as well, if I'm not mistaken LOL. Come on TCL...smarten up!
    anon(9188202) and ck2nb like this.
    07-10-18 07:00 PM
    the LG V series has a good DAC and supports aptX

neither the KEYone or KEY2 are listed here:

https://www.aptx.com/products?field_..._brand_tid=155
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    07-10-18 07:28 PM
    Some of those five year old BB10 phones supported Bluetooth aptx-HD as well, if I'm not mistaken LOL. Come on TCL...smarten up!
    Just regular aptx. HD is pretty new. That was before qualcomm bought aptx. But your point still stands.

I think AAC is better than regular aptx. But aptx HD is on par with LDAC.
    ck2nb likes this.
    07-10-18 08:13 PM
    Just regular aptx. HD is pretty new. That was before qualcomm bought aptx. But your point still stands.

I think AAC is better than regular aptx. But aptx HD is on par with LDAC.
    Ha ha, yes it was just aptx, that's true. Of course at the time even aptx was way ahead of what most phones were offering on Bluetooth. At any rate TCL really should enable the aptx HD codec on the Key2. Of course, they may want us to assume HD audio output is intended for the headphone jack...even though it seems to be somewhat of a mystery what it's specs are at the moment...
    07-10-18 09:41 PM
    Ha ha, yes it was just aptx, that's true. Of course at the time even aptx was way ahead of what most phones were offering on Bluetooth. At any rate TCL really should enable the aptx HD codec on the Key2. Of course, they may want us to assume HD audio output is intended for the headphone jack...even though it seems to be somewhat of a mystery what it's specs are at the moment...
    Maybe they are calling FLAC over the jack HD audio? Or AAC?

I wish qualcomm would just let those that cared pay a fee to enable AptX HD.
    07-10-18 10:27 PM

No fee required, with Root one can install the driver if supported by the hardware. Not possible on BlackBerry Android. So TCL, if you're listening...please do the right thing and enable it, just as many other Android OEMs have done...particularly in the 'premium' segment.
    07-10-18 11:02 PM
    Can any BB Neutron users comment on the quality of Neutron on the Key2?
    07-10-18 11:37 PM
    Sound good but unfortunately the connection sucks. I own AirPods that I use with my iPhone X and they work perfectly fine when my phone is in my back pocket. When I connect them to the Key2, which I wanted to substitude my iPhone X with, as soon as I put the Key2 in my back or front pocket connection is lost. That is a pain. Therefore I sent it back because the main thing, after sending messages etc., I do with my phone is music.

Bad connection in a modern phone is a no go for me. Sad because I loved the Key2 A LOT!
    07-11-18 02:59 AM
    There are no licensing fees when it comes to LDAC but BT module has to fulfill certain specs in order for LDAC to be available. At this point there are only two assumption 1) lazy software or 2) cheap hardware
    07-11-18 03:46 AM
    Do we know for sure that there is no LDAC on the K2 then?
    07-11-18 06:53 AM

Qualcomm's approach to audio is like Intel's approach to on chip graphics. Just good enough to use.

07-11-18 12:37 PM
    According to the information from one of the BlackBerry Russia's employee, who has a detailed documentation of key2 specs ( https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=906246&st=180), this phone has AKM 4376 as a dac and nxp 9911 as an amplifier.
    07-13-18 11:47 PM
    According to the information from one of the BlackBerry Russia's employee, who has a detailed documentation of key2 specs ( https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=906246&st=180), this phone has AKM 4376 as a dac and nxp 9911 as an amplifier.
    Big if true! Thank you!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-18 04:23 AM
    Do we know for sure that there is no LDAC on the K2 then?
    Yes, no LDAC. I tested extensively with my Sony LDAC compatible headphones and Sony app and Android Developer Options. Best we can get is AAC over BT.
    07-14-18 06:35 AM
    So sad. Although certainly not perfect audio, I guess my Passport was good enough that it spoiled me. My Z30 was also pretty darned good.

Inferior audio. Inferior speaker. Inferior camera. WiFi issues. Double typing issues. My KEYone even had a detachable screen and inferior reception "bonus!" I swear some people would sing the praises of a BlackBerry-branded phone if it were a rock attached to a pkb - "best security ever!"

Doesn't appear to be a whole lot of incentive to move from a mediocre KEYone (with great pkb) to a mediocre KEY2 (with great pkb).
    07-14-18 07:28 AM
    put on my Grado headphones and WOW it sou nds good with 44.1k FLAC
    07-18-18 03:24 PM
    Someone just confirmed aptx HD is working now after the last update ABC432!
    /blackberry-key2-f472/key2-bluetooth-aptx-hd-1147332/
    07-18-18 03:59 PM
    Has anyone seen a review yet that compares a KEY2 user audio experience (as opposed to just specs) to other devices?

My Passport with high end buds was an excellent audio device and it got a lot of use. The KEYone leaves much to be desired and I pulled my "stone age" Creative Zen Vision M media player out of the mothballs to get a decent music experience when out and about.

Just like those who would prefer a phone that also takes great pictures, I would like a phone that gives a great audio experience. Carrying around 2 devices, one of which (some would say, both of which 😂) looks like it should be in a museum, isn't my preference.

What have you heard?
    The audio on the key2 much like other things is sub par. The speakers on the Priv are miles ahead and it's almost a 4 year old device
    07-18-18 04:22 PM
    The audio on the key2 much like other things is sub par. The speakers on the Priv are miles ahead and it's almost a 4 year old device
    More like 2.5 years, and it has the advantage of having front facing speaker
    07-18-18 04:41 PM
    Over the same LDAC Sony headphones and same sample rate I compared the Key2 to my Note 8. The Note 8 is much better with dynamic sound and wider sound stage and better defined bass. Shame only BT codec AAC seems to work on the Key2.
    I don't know all the details of the LDAC codec but with AptX there should be 0 differences between devices when using same file and player as the digital to analogue conversation always happens on the headphones DAC. I did some testing yesterday comparing AK70 with Beyerdynamic Amirone Wireless and AptXHD with the AAC connection out of Key2. No audible differences!
    I went so far that I compared 24bit file on ak70 via AptXHD with the same out of Tidal in hifi (cd quality) via aac from Key2.
    The most important factor was to get the volume right on both devices but due to dual connection support of Amiron it's pretty easy to achieve.
    07-19-18 12:25 AM
    I found that the design of the buds allow for you to attach the StayHear+ Sport silicone tips, which changes the whole sound game.. trust!
    07-25-18 11:15 PM
    ..Bose
    07-25-18 11:16 PM
    Does anybody know what A/D converter BBM is using?
    Just installed Tidal and listening to music on my wired BeoPlay H6 (which is absolutely not high end) and the sound is amazing
    Will check tomorrow with the Sennheiser HD600.
    07-30-18 07:50 AM
129 12345 ...