I try to connect my Key2 to a Ford with Sync3.

Once connected, Sync 3 tries to syncronize and Android Auto starts on the Key2. After a while, Sync3-try disappears from Cars screen and Android Auto starts on key2.

I had a KEYone in the past and everything worked flawless.

Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes,

Arniebirdy
    Last edited by arniebirdy; 07-12-18 at 03:24 AM.
    wopito likes this.
    07-11-18 04:09 PM
    Anyone else here with this issue? I am experiencing it as well... Plug key2 to android device, AA runs on blackberry but does not display on screen...
    08-17-18 11:29 AM
    Bumping this thread. My PRIV worked just fine on AA in my car (old UI). Tried to connect my Key2. Worked initially and had the new UI. Next time I got in the car, I get the screen attached (see photo). I've tried reinstalling AA, I've re-done the car bluetooth connection, cleared cache for google, google services, etc. I'll get it to work. Then next time I get in the car, I get this screen again. 2016 Honda Accord EXLV6 Nav/Sensing. Head unit runs Android.

I checked with my guy at Honda today and I have the most current Android software on my head unit also.

I have a good usb-c cable and is on the google forum approved list. KEY2 and Android Auto not working-img_20190826_1155590.jpeg
    08-27-19 06:40 PM
    @erose75 are you able to try this with a different device running Oreo 8.1 and the latest Google Play Service and Android Auto?

I know it run fine with the Priv but that's with Android M rather than O.
    08-28-19 12:10 AM
    @erose75 are you able to try this with a different device running Oreo 8.1 and the latest Google Play Service and Android Auto?

I know it run fine with the Priv but that's with Android M rather than O.
    I do know a few people I could try. Might take some time but I'll report back if I can track someone down. Good thought, thanks!
    08-28-19 01:10 AM
    I do know a few people I could try. Might take some time but I'll report back if I can track someone down. Good thought, thanks!
    All the same, try a different head unit (car) as well.
    08-28-19 01:13 AM
    All the same, try a different head unit (car) as well.
    Will do. Wonder if my wife's RDX has AA working yet. It's a 2019 but for whatever reason it only had carplay working (AA is in the head unit apps list, just not functional). I haven't checked it (or the Acura forums) in a while. Otherwise I know some people with newer cars that probably have it.
    08-28-19 01:17 AM
    Will do. Wonder if my wife's RDX has AA working yet. It's a 2019 but for whatever reason it only had carplay working (AA is in the head unit apps list, just not functional). I haven't checked it (or the Acura forums) in a while. Otherwise I know some people with newer cars that probably have it.
    It's very possible though the RDX is Acura which is a Honda origin; I would suspect it carry similar internals. Worth a shot!

BMW for example has only CarPlay as well.... go figure who paid who....?
    08-28-19 01:20 AM
    It's very possible though the RDX is Acura which is a Honda origin; I would suspect it carry similar internals. Worth a shot!

BMW for example has only CarPlay as well.... go figure who paid who....?
    I believe all other 2019 Acura models have AA so I could try my daughter's 2019 TLX this weekend when she is home. RDX has all new infotainment system for 2019 and is the first major upgrade across all Honda/Acura lines. It is still an Android system. Lots of bugs, lots of "promises" about when AA would be usable...early adopter stuff. That's for another forum though.

I will report back when I can try a couple things out.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-28-19 01:36 AM
    Bumping this thread. My PRIV worked just fine on AA in my car (old UI). Tried to connect my Key2. Worked initially and had the new UI. Next time I got in the car, I get the screen attached (see photo). I've tried reinstalling AA, I've re-done the car bluetooth connection, cleared cache for google, google services, etc. I'll get it to work. Then next time I get in the car, I get this screen again. 2016 Honda Accord EXLV6 Nav/Sensing. Head unit runs Android.

I checked with my guy at Honda today and I have the most current Android software on my head unit also.

I have a good usb-c cable and is on the google forum approved list. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190826_1155590.jpeg 
Views:	17 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	445967
    Android Auto is supposed to be compatible with the 2016 Honda Accord. However, if you Google "Android Auto issues," you will find that the Google app is problematic and many others are experiencing issues similar to yours.
    08-28-19 08:35 AM
    Android Auto is supposed to be compatible with the 2016 Honda Accord. However, if you Google "Android Auto issues," you will find that the Google app is problematic and many others are experiencing issues similar to yours.
    True. I have filed the issue form with google as well. Just thought I would post it on here also in case anyone has found a way to fix it on their own or even workarounds. I am going to try a different phone on my car and try my phone on a different car. Just to see what happens.
    08-28-19 09:58 AM
    #1 Honda has a know crazy system to align with both Android and Apple CarPlay. Some get lucky but it seems it's device specific
    #2 Key2 is the worst performing phone for any type of Bluetooth to Car connectivity and it will never be fixed now. and I own the Key2 so I like the device a lot but the Bluetooth sucks!
    08-28-19 10:17 AM
    #1 Honda has a know crazy system to align with both Android and Apple CarPlay. Some get lucky but it seems it's device specific
    #2 Key2 is the worst performing phone for any type of Bluetooth to Car connectivity and it will never be fixed now. and I own the Key2 so I like the device a lot but the Bluetooth sucks!
    On # 2, did you try the K2 in different cars? I am not saying you don't have issues, don't get me wrong but I had zero issues in several rentals as well as in our Lexus and BMW.
    08-28-19 10:22 AM
    Bluetooth and Ford Sync work perfectly with my KEY2.
    08-28-19 10:29 AM
    BMW 2017/Honda Passport/Jaguar XJ and Lexus 450 all no good. however it works fine on a Grand Caravan - go figure!!
    08-28-19 10:37 AM