Love the look of the phone and both the speed and range of apps that are available. The hub is ok, but nowhere near as good as on BB10. Android is going to take some getting used too. I miss BB10's simplicity and fabulously clear interface, but hey its just something that I'm going to have to get used too. The only thing that is really starting to grate is the notifications. One minute they are working fine, the next minute everything is silent. If I turn the device off and on, the notifications sometimes return and on other occasions they remain silent. Perhaps it's me, but I'm at a lose as to what I'm doing if it is. If anybody has had similar problems please advise. Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-19-19 02:19 PM
    Love the look of the phone and both the speed and range of apps that are available. The hub is ok, but nowhere near as good as on BB10. Android is going to take some getting used too. I miss BB10's simplicity and fabulously clear interface, but hey its just something that I'm going to have to get used too. The only thing that is really starting to grate is the notifications. One minute they are working fine, the next minute everything is silent. If I turn the device off and on, the notifications sometimes return and on other occasions they remain silent. Perhaps it's me, but I'm at a lose as to what I'm doing if it is. If anybody has had similar problems please advise. Many thanks

Posted via CB10
    Glad you're enjoying your new KEY2.

Aside from a 32 second reboot (hold power button down for that long) I'm not sure how to fix intermittent notification delays.

Is it happening just with the Hub or with every app?
    06-19-19 04:22 PM
    I find it easier to allow all notifications then block them app by app by long pressing the ones I don't want from the notification shade and turning them off... then using DND and tasker to silence overnight or in meetings.
    06-19-19 05:47 PM
    best phone I've ever used!
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    06-19-19 07:19 PM
    Love the Key2 as well. Also have iPhone X, but keep coming back to the key2. Just LOVE this phone!
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    06-19-19 07:56 PM
    This has been happening to me too for a while now as well. Been using my key2 for about a year and had no problems up until a few months ago
    06-20-19 12:25 PM
    This has been happening to me too for a while now as well. Been using my key2 for about a year and had no problems up until a few months ago
    Did the issues start right after a certain monthly update?
    06-20-19 01:18 PM
    Love the Key2 as well. Also have iPhone X, but keep coming back to the key2. Just LOVE this phone!
    I can vouch for that key2 is way better than iPhone x in many ways except the time going blind and the sound quality on the iPhone x is better I still prefer the key2
    06-20-19 01:22 PM
    ...hub is ok, but nowhere near as good as on BB10... I miss BB10's simplicity and fabulously clear interface...

Posted via CB10
    I still miss my Passport
    06-20-19 01:27 PM
    I'm still getting used to Android (Key2) and its been over 9 months now, but on the other hand, every time I suddenly understand the logic behind some weird Android feature and see the method in the madness, the Key2 does become even more useful.

(Would still trade it asap for a new Passport with BB10 and a decent ecosystem)
    06-20-19 01:31 PM
    I'm still getting used to Android (Key2) and its been over 9 months now, but on the other hand, every time I suddenly understand the logic behind some weird Android feature and see the method in the madness, the Key2 does become even more useful.

(Would still trade it asap for a new Passport with BB10 and a decent ecosystem)
    Eventually that goes away. I was looking for an excuse to buy Passport SE almost two years ago, right after AT&T KEYone release. I fired up my Z3 and Q5 and dual carried for about four hours without PRIV or either DTEK and couldn’t do it. Luckily I had cheap Android for a job helper in truck. It was then I realized that SE would be a waste of money for me.
    06-20-19 02:24 PM
    I fired up my Z3 and Q5 and dual carried for about four hours without PRIV or either DTEK and couldn’t do it.
    Same for me and the Classic/Passport. I tried two years ago and lasted about a day and a half.
    I went running back to my Priv, which actually seemed like a performance and battery champ compared to the Classic when loaded with apk's.
    06-20-19 03:19 PM

Posted via CB10
    Notifications can be so weird on Android sometimes, it’s part of the reason I moved to iPhone.

However the way I would do it on my Samsung and Huawei devices is that I would go to Apps - go into the Apps Manager (think this is Apps again) - hit the 3 dot button - Battery Optimization And then got to the drop down on the top left and select All apps and then mark all the apps I do not want to be optimise for Battery AKA apps I want to run in the background and get Notifications from, this usually helped a lot.
    06-20-19 04:32 PM
    What happened ?

I would hate to part ways with my key2

Even today someone asked " is that a blackberry!? "

And also mentioned " do blackberry still make phones? It's a really cool phone"
    06-20-19 05:00 PM
    Now that I think about it, it probably did
    06-21-19 06:32 AM
    It seems to have gotten a bit better. Maybe the latest update helped? I don't know
    06-21-19 06:36 AM
    It seems to have gotten a bit better. Maybe latest update helped? I don't know
    06-21-19 06:37 AM
    i have to admit that my key2 sounds great. this was my biggest concern as i was used to my passport i still use for music.
    the spacebar is much better now so is my mood
    06-27-19 03:57 PM
    Same issues with mine! Most times notifications work fine, then for no reason they go silent. Hopefully being addressed with a future update, after all, it's only been a year.
    06-27-19 04:36 PM