Hello,

I am very much interested in purchasing the key2 silver dual sim 100-6 as I travel often and I'm in North America, so obviously cant get it here but I am so confused as to where I can get a good reliable one.

I have spent the last week looking on all kind of threads and websites trying to get more information and if I understand correctly, the Indian version does not update, the Chinese version has to be finagled to get google play and the UAE version has some annoying yellow lines. UK seemed like a good bet, but I cant seem to see any dual sim silver ones, only single ones.

I found a website in Hong Kong that says they have a Hong Kong version, but I cant seem to find any info on a Hong Kong version being made? Don't want to get duped as its quite pricy to buy this phone. Sorry for this lengthy post but would really appreciate any help/advice/leads on where I can get this phone that will arrive in good condition and ready to go.

Thanks in advance for your help,
    Julie
    03-30-20 11:26 PM
    Hello,

I am very much interested in purchasing the key2 silver dual sim 100-6 as I travel often and I'm in North America, so obviously cant get it here but I am so confused as to where I can get a good reliable one.

I have spent the last week looking on all kind of threads and websites trying to get more information and if I understand correctly, the Indian version does not update, the Chinese version has to be finagled to get google play and the UAE version has some annoying yellow lines. UK seemed like a good bet, but I cant seem to see any dual sim silver ones, only single ones.

I found a website in Hong Kong that says they have a Hong Kong version, but I cant seem to find any info on a Hong Kong version being made? Don't want to get duped as its quite pricy to buy this phone. Sorry for this lengthy post but would really appreciate any help/advice/leads on where I can get this phone that will arrive in good condition and ready to go.

Julie
    I have the Hong Kong version of the KEY2, works great. It's the PRD-63828-019.

I don't personally need the dual Sim functionality though.

If the place you're ordering that HK variant from has a good return policy in case there any issues when you first get it, then return it.
    03-31-20 07:22 AM
    I have the Hong Kong version of the KEY2, works great. It's the PRD-63828-019.

I don't personally need the dual Sim functionality though.

If the place you're ordering that HK variant from has a good return policy in case there any issues when you first get it, then return it.
    I believe the HK silver version is PRD-63828-018. Then there's HK PRD-63828-020 which I believe is the 128 GB black, possibly available from reseller PDA Plaza in Montreal .

A European version of the silver BBF100-6 could be another option.
    03-31-20 07:36 AM
    Hello,

Julie
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1381535354
    03-31-20 08:55 AM
    That's great to know thanks for letting me know, I have contacted them to ask for PRD and return policy, thanks for your help
    03-31-20 05:10 PM
    Oh ok, that's great info, thanks for passing it on.

For the European version, any leads on where to buy one? I checked Amazon UK and no dual sims. I guess I can try to see if there are Amazons for each country and see what I can come up with. Thank you for your help
    03-31-20 05:12 PM
    Wow. This is incredibly detailed, great work on compiling all this info. Im not sure I quite follow the ABP/ABS/ACD numbers listed under each month. Am I understanding correctly that those are the versions released in those months in those countries? Thanks for your reply
    03-31-20 05:14 PM
    Wow. This is incredibly detailed, great work on compiling all this info. Im not sure I quite follow the ABP/ABS/ACD numbers listed under each month. Am I understanding correctly that those are the versions released in those months in those countries? Thanks for your reply
    Those are all specific OS builds. That's so people know what security patch level they should be on.
    03-31-20 06:55 PM
    So I asked them for the PRD number and they said they cant give it to me until I make the final purchase and pay...should I be concerned? Or is this a pretty standard policy for most companies to not provide this information till after purchase? They have a 180day return policy but Im a bit hesitant without knowing this information beforehand...thoughts? Im told its the HK version so should I just go for it? thanks
    04-01-20 04:15 PM
    So I asked them for the PRD number and they said they cant give it to me until I make the final purchase and pay...should I be concerned? Or is this a pretty standard policy for most companies to not provide this information till after purchase? They have a 180day return policy but Im a bit hesitant without knowing this information beforehand...thoughts? Im told its the HK version so should I just go for it? thanks
    Seems strange they won't tell you what you are buying until after you buy it.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    04-01-20 05:08 PM
    That sounds incredibly dodgy.
    04-01-20 06:48 PM
    pull out pull out!!!
    04-01-20 07:06 PM
    Definitely sounds very suspicious.
    04-01-20 07:30 PM
    If in fact it's one of the 3 HK phones and if it's silver, it will most assuredly be PRD-63828-018. @danfrancisco has one.

Question is "do you feel lucky". Sure is suspect if they refuse to provide you with the PRD# beforehand.

Which carrier are you with?
    04-01-20 07:46 PM
    Oh ok, that's great info, thanks for passing it on.

For the European version, any leads on where to buy one? I checked Amazon UK and no dual sims. I guess I can try to see if there are Amazons for each country and see what I can come up with. Thank you for your help
    Try Kick mobile in the UK. I have bought from them and they were great!
    the_boon likes this.
    04-01-20 07:56 PM
    Black dual sim 128GB version available through Amazon Italy for 549,90€ - 8 units left in stock as I type this.
    04-02-20 04:01 AM