02-04-19 12:00 PM
88 1234
tools
    I've seen some videos of the Cosmo Communicator... certainly not something I would ever consider as a replacement to the KEY2 despite the issues the KEY2 might have.

To each their own I suppose...

Bob
    100% agree with you here. Does not compete whatsoever.
    01-19-19 05:10 PM
    All what TCL have to look at is what was one of the most popular blackberrys of all time which was undoubtedly the passport, the ask themselves why was it so popular and create a phone around these points, large screen, good keyboard, stereo speakers, premium hardware it's not rocket science, but instead they produce these micky mouse products, whilst every other manufacturer is producing phones at record two to three a year these muplets will release one a year or do a variant of a product like the Key one to the Key two

The Chinese Market says it all different phones are constantly being releases customers have such a great option and terrific value for money, yet for two years now we have been playing around with only the Key one and key two, however there may be yet another variant of this pathetic key series maybe next year or maybe the year after probably still offer the same inferior hard ware as we see now
    Simon6333 likes this.
    01-20-19 07:13 AM
    All what TCL have to look at is what was one of the most popular blackberrys of all time which was undoubtedly the passport, the ask themselves why was it so popular and create a phone around these points, large screen, good keyboard, stereo speakers, premium hardware it's not rocket science, but instead they produce these micky mouse products, whilst every other manufacturer is producing phones at record two to three a year these muplets will release one a year or do a variant of a product like the Key one to the Key two

The Chinese Market says it all different phones are constantly being releases customers have such a great option and terrific value for money, yet for two years now we have been playing around with only the Key one and key two, however there may be yet another variant of this pathetic key series maybe next year or maybe the year after probably still offer the same inferior hard ware as we see now
    How in the world have you determined that the Passport was the most popular? It was probably the worst-selling BlackBerry Ltd phone of all time. Even the Storm left the Passport in its dust.

I have a Passport SE, and I'd take the KEY² keyboard over it any day of the week. I type a lot, and the thumb travel was too great on the Passport.
    the_boon likes this.
    01-20-19 08:55 AM
    Classic for me
    01-20-19 09:05 AM
    I'm confused as you quote the passport as being one of bb, s worse selling phones yet you have one!!!

In my experience of bb phones I think both the passport and the classic had amazing keyboards that had no unwanted space bar clicks and had an overall better feel in comparison to the key one and two
    01-20-19 09:13 AM
    I'm confused as you quote the passport as being one of bb, s worse selling phones yet you have one!!!

In my experience of bb phones I think both the passport and the classic had amazing keyboards that had no unwanted space bar clicks and had an overall better feel in comparison to the key one and two
    I have eight different BBOS and eight different BB10 phones which is one model of each manufactured for my carrier plus some unlocked. The Passport keyboard is uniquely inferior to all the other PKB devices since it's three row is an outlier. It’s a phone only a parent can love and find attractive....
    tigrute likes this.
    01-20-19 10:01 AM

I have most BlackBerry devices - hardly a barometer of overall sales figures.

Everyone is entitled to their own preferences. There is no accounting for taste.
    01-20-19 10:29 AM
    I disagree. The BlackBerry KEY2 keyboard is more awful than the Cosmo's. I cannot even type correctly on this keyboard, even after months of using it and the keys kinda hurt my fingers. The Passport's keys were phenomenal, wish they had just released a Passport 2. The Cosmo's keys are very responsive. clicky and nice to type on with a full number row
    And btw, I'm not the only one I know who dislikes the KEY2 keyboard even after months of using it, so...
    Refuse to take anybody who disapproves of the Key2s keyboard seriously, when that is perhaps the only thing they did very well. Very very well.
    RegN likes this.
    01-20-19 11:13 AM
    Refuse to take anybody who disapproves of the Key2s keyboard seriously, when that is perhaps the only thing they did very well. Very very well.
    I disapprove of the KEY2's spacebar if it's a wobbly/loose one.

If it's firm (not wobbly/loose), it will still have the underwhelming click (too easy to press) and the louder noise, but in that case, I'd partially disapprove.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-20-19 11:33 AM
    I disapprove of the KEY2's spacebar if it's a wobbly/loose one.

If it's firm (not wobbly/loose), it will still have the underwhelming click (too easy to press) and the louder noise, but in that case, I'd partially disapprove.
    My Black KEY2's spacebar is not wobbly/loose and it does not click or have a louder noise than the other keys on the PKB.

Bob
    01-20-19 12:27 PM
    My Black KEY2's spacebar is not wobbly/loose and it does not click or have a louder noise than the other keys on the PKB.

Bob
    Ditto (but Silver).
    01-20-19 12:31 PM
    I think the reason why the passport was so well like was tlthe roomy keyboard the size culture surrounding mobile phones has changed it now appears that the larger the phone the more sought after it will be, the key 1 & 2 keyboards are both too cramped
    Vistaus and Simon6333 like this.
    01-20-19 12:31 PM
    I think the reason why the passport was so well like was tlthe roomy keyboard the size culture surrounding mobile phones has changed it now appears that the larger the phone the more sought after it will be, the key 1 & 2 keyboards are both too cramped
    Where are you getting your analytics? BBMo would probably love to see your data, as theirs is clearly in total disagreement.
    01-20-19 12:32 PM
    K you guys got me worried because I just ordered one today and it's on its way tomorrow..hope I don't have any issues with it!
    Nothing to worry about...my key2 is flawless..after 3/4 year
    01-20-19 12:44 PM
    I opted to not get a Passport for the exactly this reason... too large of a device. The Passport was the only BlackBerry device I didn't own since 2005. My personal want is a device I can easily manage one handed and be comfortable to hold when using it to talk on when making phone calls. I don't want to be holding a brick or loaf of bread to my ear.

The KEY2 allows me to function one handed... it's light and has a comfortable weight to hold when on the phone. Unlike so many of the upper tier VKB slab devices I checked out before getting the KEY2.

Bob
    01-20-19 12:46 PM
    I opted to not get a Passport for the exactly this reason... too large of a device. The Passport was the only BlackBerry device I didn't own since 2005. My personal want is a device I can easily manage one handed and be comfortable to hold when using it to talk on when making phone calls. I don't want to be holding a brick or loaf of bread to my ear.

The KEY2 allows me to function one handed... it's light and has a comfortable weight to hold when on the phone. Unlike so many of the upper tier VKB slab devices I checked out before getting the KEY2.

Bob
    I agree that the Passport was too big to comfortably call with, but I loved my Passport for all else it did! An alt key would've been nice to have, though, but still. However, I disagree that the KEY2 has a nice weight to it: I constantly fear that I'm going to drop it because it's so lightweight and the keys are too cramped. And mind you: I have relatively small hands for a male person, so...
    Although to be fair: the weight could be worse, the newest iPhone and Galaxy's are even lighter.
    01-20-19 03:59 PM
    Whatever the external dimensions of largest Android device selling in massive quantities becomes the starting point for Key3 dimensions. Screen Ratio of 18:9, 16:9, 4:3 or 3:2 on top of traditional 4 row PKB would be chosen based on potential off the shelf components. This coupled with any component sharing from existing Key offerings will determine next device features and pricing.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    01-20-19 04:22 PM
    That keyboard alone disgusts me. Can't see myself ever using that but to each their own.

Looks like a piece of trash. I wouldn't use this if they paid me
    01-20-19 05:46 PM
    Key3 needs wifi calling capabilities for us in the USA. Band 71 and 5G should be part of the package.
    01-20-19 05:55 PM
    Key3 needs wifi calling capabilities for us in the USA. Band 71 and 5G should be part of the package.
    In an article that was posted about BlackBerry Mobiles 2019, the plan isn't for a 5g device. The devices and the users who will need a 5g device during the year are not the target market for BlackBerry Mobile.

I don't think the networks will have coverage in any meaningful way for the year either. I also think the components needed to make the device 5G compatible will be at the price point BlackBerry Mobile needs or wants.

Perhaps the 2020 devices will have that feature.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-20-19 07:21 PM
    In an article that was posted about BlackBerry Mobiles 2019, the plan isn't for a 5g device. The devices and the users who will need a 5g device during the year are not the target market for BlackBerry Mobile.

I don't think the networks will have coverage in any meaningful way for the year either. I also think the components needed to make the device 5G compatible will be at the price point BlackBerry Mobile needs or wants.

Posted via CB10
    For the life of me, I can't get my head around why anyone would need 5G in the foreseeable future. I get well over 100mbps with LTE+ in most places I go (in town).
    hplovecraft likes this.
    01-20-19 07:30 PM
    For the life of me, I can't get my head around why anyone would need 5G in the foreseeable future. I get well over 100mbps with LTE+ in most places I go (in town).
    That is a valid argument, since 5G won't be widespread in 2019. But 2020 is the year for massive rollouts of 5G throughout the country. The Key3 will be a device for late 2019, so you are looking at a device that will most likely be less than a year old when the networks start rolling out 5G in more sparsely populated areas.
    A 5G device is probably not in store for the Key3.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-20-19 07:49 PM
    I get well over 100mbps with LTE+ in most places I go (in town).
    I don't and I'm on the fastest network in this country (the Netherlands) and have good coverage almost everywhere, so...
    Last edited by Vistaus; 01-26-19 at 05:15 PM.
    01-21-19 01:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    4G is still good in 2020, but most people will use their phone for a few years before upgrading so they can't decide to switch to 5G at some point when buying the KEY3...
    01-21-19 01:17 PM
    The issues I posted ref key 2

Low speaker volume from single speaker!!

Non adjustable incoming call ringer volume

Blackberry Hub has a delay delivering emails

Pathetic noise from space bar key

Finger print space bar is not reliable

These are all issues I have seen posted on forums several times there appears to be no fixes available this is why I have discarded my key 2 hoping for a key 3 sometime soon with better hardware, I'm done with searching for fixes which is why I'm hoping the cosmo will work for me I've had the pleasure of seeing the prototype which to me looks amazing yes it's bigger and fatter and the company are designing the phone around customer feed back from The Gemini which OK not great phone abilities but it did what it said very well, cosmo spec is better than Key 2 and will sell at a similar price
    Since you discarded your key2 would you mind sending it to me? I'll even pay for shipping seriously would not mind having a backup as insurance if I drop my current one.
    01-26-19 04:52 PM
88 1234