I'm waiting to see if there will be a key 3 in the pipe line as unfortunately I'm struggling with my Key 2 just far too many issues, the makers of Gemini are releasing their Cosmo communicator in June which will give the Key range a serious competitor!!!
    Vistaus and elfabio80 like this.
    01-17-19 05:05 PM
    what are some of the issues you are having with it?
    01-17-19 05:10 PM
    Yup, I feel the same way. I'm really thinking of selling my KEY2 by June and buying the Cosmo Communicator.

My mum is also having issues and she looked quite interested in the Cosmo too, although she doesn't have serious plans to the sell her KEY2 as of yet. But still, BlackBerry will lose 1 (me), maybe 2 (maybe my mum) users if they don't up their game.

I know, I know, BlackBerry/TCL won't really care about losing just a few users, but I'm just saying it as it is.
    Last edited by Vistaus; 01-17-19 at 05:47 PM.
    01-17-19 05:34 PM
    I've seen some videos of the Cosmo Communicator... certainly not something I would ever consider as a replacement to the KEY2 despite the issues the KEY2 might have.

To each their own I suppose...

Bob
    hplovecraft and tnewton3 like this.
    01-17-19 05:53 PM
    The main issues are

Can't control the incoming ringing volume

The Blackerry Hub has a major delay delivering emails now at least an hour!

The finger print scanner is hit and miss, takes several attempts to get it working

These a just a few that I find hard to live with!!
    01-17-19 05:56 PM
    I forgot to mention the single speaker far too quiet for speaker phone chats
    01-17-19 05:58 PM
    Peaked my curiosity! Had a look. The answer would be a hard NO for me. The Cosmo seems impractical compared to our, bug plagued BlackBerry's. Flip case? Landscape keyboard? Limited exterior screen? Thick as a brick! If BlackBerry can get their sh$t together, we are on a much better and more productive platform. Trust me, that's a big "if" though ! Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 01-18-19 at 03:51 PM.
    Mamaluka likes this.
    01-17-19 06:09 PM
    I forgot to mention the single speaker far too quiet for speaker phone chats
    Surprisingly my K1 had none of these issues. But it's good to know as I was considering the K2. The build quality on my K1 has been terrible.
    01-17-19 06:10 PM
    My KEY2 has an issue with the PKB as some have reported but I'm not experiencing the issues the OP is reporting.

Bob
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-17-19 06:12 PM
    KEYone or Key2, either one, is what you get. It’s not going after the cosmo business. That business isn’t even worth the risk. That’s why you’re required to front money....
    01-17-19 06:49 PM
    KEYone or Key2, either one, is what you get. It’s not going after the cosmo business. That business isn’t even worth the risk. That’s why you’re required to front money....
    Wonder what the return process is if you don't like the space bar wiggle, the keys don't click like you want or the camera turns out to not be what you want... or your carrier won't enable advance features?
    Bob80220 and Vistaus like this.
    01-18-19 10:05 AM
    Wonder what the return process is if you don't like the space bar wiggle, the keys don't click like you want or the camera turns out to not be what you want... or your carrier won't enable advance features?
    You forgot the wireless charging! ;-).

Posted via my Awesome passport
    01-18-19 10:32 AM
    I'm not actually waiting for key3, I'm happy with key2

I can live up with those minor issues which I feel they can be fixed with software update
    TheGraduate likes this.
    01-18-19 12:07 PM
    Peaked my curiosity! Had a look. The answer would be a hard no for me. The Cosmo seems impractical compared to our, bug plagued BlackBerry's. Flip case? Landscape keyboard? Limited exterior screen? Thick as a brick! If BlackBerry can get their sh$t together, we are on a much better and more productive platform. Trust me, that's a big "if" ! Cheers,
    It's as thick as two KEY2's on top of each other. Maybe it's just me getting old, but I don't consider that thick at all and it's actually nice to have something to hold on to, unlike the KEY2 of which I always fear I'm gonna drop it sooner or later because it's so lightweight (even the Passport had more weight to it). Also, the external screen is limited right now, but on the final units, it will be very extensive: you can do most phone stuff on it and also use it as a viewfinder. And the button beneath it can be used as fingerprint scanner and to answer/reject incoming calls.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-18-19 12:10 PM
    I just wonder the refund process before any device is even made....
    01-18-19 01:12 PM
    That keyboard alone disgusts me. Can't see myself ever using that but to each their own.

01-18-19 03:01 PM
    That keyboard alone disgusts me. Can't see myself ever using that but to each their own.

What a complete pile of garbage that thing is. My goodness.
    01-18-19 03:11 PM
    I disagree. The BlackBerry KEY2 keyboard is more awful than the Cosmo's. I cannot even type correctly on this keyboard, even after months of using it and the keys kinda hurt my fingers. The Passport's keys were phenomenal, wish they had just released a Passport 2. The Cosmo's keys are very responsive. clicky and nice to type on with a full number row
    And btw, I'm not the only one I know who dislikes the KEY2 keyboard even after months of using it, so...
    01-18-19 03:51 PM
    This thing is brutal lol.
    01-18-19 03:57 PM
    Cosmo is ugly but I would still buy one. But it is landscape only device which is dealbreaker for me.. They should make it not psion clone but Nokia N900/E7.
    01-18-19 04:05 PM
    Yup, I feel the same way. I'm really thinking of selling my KEY2 by June and buying the Cosmo Communicator.

My mum is also having issues and she looked quite interested in the Cosmo too, although she doesn't have serious plans to the sell her KEY2 as of yet. But still, BlackBerry will lose 1 (me), maybe 2 (maybe my mum) users if they don't up their game.

I know, I know, BlackBerry/TCL won't really care about losing just a few users, but I'm just saying it as it is.
    K you guys got me worried because I just ordered one today and it's on its way tomorrow..hope I don't have any issues with it!
    01-18-19 04:07 PM
    The main issues are

The finger print scanner is hit and miss, takes several attempts to get it working

I hope my used key 2 from Amazon that comes tomorrow doesn't have these same issues..they are refurbs so I'm wondering if I should just cancel it and get a new one
    01-18-19 04:08 PM
    The main issues are

I actually just cancelled my order..i am going to go with a new one..i am assuming amazon will have the new batches that have these issues fixed I don't mind paying the extra money ..and if the new one has these same issues u mention I'll return it since it's amazon prime so I am safe
    The_Passporter and Hphv like this.
    01-18-19 04:10 PM
    I actually just cancelled my order..i am going to go with a new one..i am assuming amazon will have the new batches that have these issues fixed I don't mind paying the extra money ..and if the new one has these same issues u mention I'll return it since it's amazon prime so I am safe
    My KEY² is absolutely perfect. No hardware issues at all. Keyboard is buttery-smooth.
    TCM01 likes this.
    01-18-19 04:11 PM
    I'm not actually waiting for key3, I'm happy with key2

I can live up with those minor issues which I feel they can be fixed with software update
    Which issues are you experiencing with yours? I just a bought a new one right now off amazon prime so I know I can return it but I'm hoping I got a new batch of the key 2 silver
    01-18-19 04:14 PM
88 123 ...