Do you want a key3 released next year or a completely new device with a PKB? Or the sequel to the motion?

I wouldn't mind a key3 plus and entirely new PKB device maybe a slider just to change things up but I doubt the PRIV 2 is ever happening lol
    07-07-18 09:05 PM
    lol touchscreen blackberry have zero appeal to me because the keyboard is the only reason to get a blackberry.
    07-07-18 09:11 PM
    lol touchscreen blackberry have zero appeal to me because the keyboard is the only reason to get a blackberry.
    I used to think that, back in 2013, then I discovered just how good the BlackBerry VKB was. I now enjoy both the BlackBerry VKB and the PKB equally, though on Android the shortcut keys give the edge to the PKB.

For me, what makes a phone a BlackBerry is the focus on efficient written communication and seamless integration with MS Exchange. A great keyboard is part of that, but I like the PKB and VKB equally these days.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-07-18 09:19 PM
    I completely agree. I don't honestly see any reason other than PKB to get a Blackberry. s So many other featured packed phones for same price or even cheaper.

I'm stuck needing a PKB, so I just got myself another BB with the Key2.
    anon(10465884) likes this.
    07-07-18 09:24 PM
    I used to think that, back in 2013, then I discovered just how good the BlackBerry VKB was. I now enjoy both the BlackBerry VKB and the PKB equally, though on Android the shortcut keys give the edge to the PKB.

For me, what makes a phone a BlackBerry is the focus on efficient written communication and seamless integration with MS Exchange. A great keyboard is part of that, but I like the PKB and VKB equally these days.

You can install the VKB app on any other phone. It's the VKB my parents now use on their new Huawei's after ditching the Priv.
    07-07-18 09:25 PM
    You can install the VKB app on any other phone. It's the VKB my parents now use on their new Huawei's after ditching the Priv.
    Yes. I agree, but I really dislike the glass sandwiches of most VKB phones. Also, I won't use an Android without DTEK, now that I'm used to it.

I don't really believe in brand loyalty, but if I wanted an Android besides the KEYone It would be a Motion for the design and DTEK. But I find every single Android to be too large for daily carry anyway.

TCM01 likes this.
    07-07-18 09:48 PM
    I want a successful Key2 for BBMo.
    07-07-18 09:58 PM
    No one really answered the question lol
    pooyam likes this.
    07-07-18 10:30 PM
    I think the design of K1 / K1 is a good compromise. So to answer your question : A Key3 would be absolutely fine for me :-)

and no : no touch device without PKB. There are enough competitors building VKB phones :-)
    anon(10465884) likes this.
    07-08-18 12:56 AM
    Pkb but not by TCL.
    07-08-18 01:08 AM
    BB without a PKB makes no sense. Much better, cheaper and just as secure devices out there for all-touch phones anyway.
    07-08-18 01:14 AM
    I would like more compact and cheaper PKB device. As far as I remember there was a rumor that Blackberry was planning two PKB phones this year so I hope they make less flagship-priced device.

Posted via CB10
    TCM01 likes this.
    07-08-18 02:44 AM
    So many other featured packed phones for same price or even cheaper.
    Had this dilemma. Wanted PKB badly but after reviews/forum posts etc I decided to go for Pixel 2 XL. Currently Currys in UK selling it for £549 which is obviously cheaper and you getting real muscle... I just couldn't justify spending £579 on Key2. Yes it doesn't have a PKB but looks like it is not most important art of the phone FOR ME...
    Fred Wu likes this.
    07-08-18 04:18 AM
    I expect them to keep evolving the Key brand with a Key3.

Eliminate the capacitive buttons.

Shape the keys and maybe add frets.

Better camera.

Better screen.

Yes, other internals could be targeted... as could water proofing and wireless charging.

Plenty of evolution left.
    07-08-18 06:55 AM
    I would like a different model next year.

Still hoping for a Classic like android device (yes i know about screen issues with android).

Maybe we will see it with the second pkb device supposed to come this year ;-)
    07-08-18 07:32 AM
    I've been completely unable to install the bb vkb on my huawei mate 10.

How can I do it? Any help would be appreciated.
    07-08-18 01:08 PM
    I think the best bet for BlackBerry Mobile would be to continue the Key series design elements for almost all new launches going forward.

By keeping the screen size, the overall frame and shape similar and making minor modifications to screen, display, different buttons etc they can keep their costs down.

If they are just able to keep costs down and to price the device the same or even a little cheaper and than just upgrade the specs, internals and making sure the software works flawlessly as possible.

I do think they will continue to grow the brand, increase sales and have a shot at getting some minor traction. It will be a win win for TCL and for BlackBerry Ltd. They get a nice little high margin revenue bump but I believe the royalty for the agreement was scheduled to increase in years 2,3 etc so that might be partially the reason for the price increase.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-18 01:55 PM
    I would like more compact and cheaper PKB device. As far as I remember there was a rumor that Blackberry was planning two PKB phones this year so I hope they make less flagship-priced device.

Posted via CB10
    I agree . I would like a solid compact phone for the weekend. Something that will easily fit in the pocket .
    07-08-18 03:33 PM
    Obviously it’s a series of devices like every other device manufacturer, so yes...key 3, key4
    07-08-18 11:47 PM
    I think it would be awesome to see a Key3 and maybe PRIV 2. Key 3 with updated screen and software navigation seems like the next logical step.
    07-09-18 12:16 AM
    I would like a Motion 2, but my Priv has lots of life in it still, so next year delivery of a Motion 2 would be fine for me :-)
    07-09-18 07:55 AM
    True but the BlackBerry software and apps come bundled for free if you purchase the BB hardware.
    07-09-18 07:57 AM