Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry KEY2

Key 2 Update ACQ160 - Should I update..?

Asked: Jan 08 2021 | 6:03 am EST 5306 Views 14 Answers

This may sound like a stupid question but I have been putting off this update for about 6 months now mainly because I'm in love with my key 2 exactly as it is. Can someone confirm to me that the update does not drastically change anything?

Thank you

- Rob S

More Answers

Jan 08 2021 | 7:30 am EST conite

This may sound like a stupid question but I have been putting off this update for about 6 months now mainly because I'm in love with my key 2 exactly as it is. Can someone confirm to me that the update does not drastically change anything?

Thank you

- Rob S
What OS are you coming from?

And what is your device PRD (type *#837837# into your phone dialer)?

Jan 08 2021 | 9:14 am EST Dunt Dunt Dunt

It's just a security patch (BBMo didn't do the feature updates).... more likely to see big differences (problems) with updates to the BB HUB+ Suite.

Jan 10 2021 | 10:24 am EST robertillo

I live in Spain and my BlackBerry key2 is stuck in May 2020 ACQ160 and works fine.

Jan 21 2021 | 8:09 am EST anon(10264805)

I have a Key2 BBF-100-2 here in USA -Tmobile ,
PRD is 63825-003,
and I just saw the update OTA .

should I install it?, will I lose messages app from Google in a few months? (read an article about unauthorized Android phones-is the Key2 an unauthorized Google phone?)

currently in ACT911.

thanks !

Jan 21 2021 | 8:13 am EST the_boon

I have a Key2 here in USA -t-mobile and PRD is 63825-003,
and I just got the update OTA option.
1. should I download it?
2. will I lose messages from Google in a few months? (read an article about unauthorized Android phones-is that Key2 an unauthorized Google phone?)

thanks !
No you won't have any issues since your unit is getting it OTA.

The others can use Textra or Pulse or another sms app when the time comes if Google's app doesn't work anymore.

Jan 21 2021 | 8:39 am EST anon(10264805)

thanks! I posted my question about the new January 2021 update ACU282 in this thread in error.

is your reply still the same ?
thanks!

Jan 21 2021 | 9:23 am EST the_boon

thanks! I posted my question about the new January 2021 update ACU282 in this thread in error.

is your reply still the same ?
thanks!
Yes, I wouldn't worry about it as you can always install and use another sms app aside from the Google one that comes with the phone.

May 03 2021 | 6:07 am EDT Fabiobi16

Hello, I'm writing from Italy. my device KEY2 BBF100-1 PRD 63824-515. After the switching off by vodafone of the 3G, the VoLTE doesn't work anymore.
I tempted an hard reset (fatory reset) in order to enable IMS registration. At the time OTA was updated to ACT575 (received on DEC 2020) and restarting the system there was a bug error (always seaching for updates..). No possibility to restart.
Italian technical support complete the restart but the system is now downgraded to ACQ160 and VoLTE still not working (seems because the system is not updated...) Any suggestion to proceed with a new or manual system update?
Thanks in advance for reply.
FabioKey 2 Update ACQ160 - Should I update..?-screenshot.jpg

May 05 2021 | 11:24 am EDT endiadi77

Hello, I'm writing from Italy. my device KEY2 BBF100-1 PRD 63824-515. After the switching off by vodafone of the 3G, the VoLTE doesn't work anymore.
I tempted an hard reset (fatory reset) in order to enable IMS registration. At the time OTA was updated to ACT575 (received on DEC 2020) and restarting the system there was a bug error (always seaching for updates..). No possibility to restart.
Italian technical support complete the restart but the system is now downgraded to ACQ160 and VoLTE still not working (seems because the system is not updated...) Any suggestion to proceed with a new or manual system update?
Thanks in advance for reply.
FabioClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	100.9 KB 
ID:	450690
Ho provato in tutti i modi anche io..in Italia con vodafone niente volte per il key2.

No Volte in italy with any carrier with key2, unfortunately.

May 06 2021 | 2:08 am EDT Fabiobi16

Endiadi77, sono certo che il Key2 supporta il VoLTE. Avevo TIM sino a Dicembre 2020 e tutto funzionava correttamente. La scheda SIM di Vodafone non esegue la registrazione IMS e pertanto il servizio VoLTE non si attiva. Ho resettato il mio vecchio KeyOne (OTA ACQ160) mentre il Key2 era in assistenza e la registrazione è avvenuta correttamente. Tutto funzionava, ma riavviando poi il telefono l'IMS è tornato nello stato: non registrato. Tu hai provato a modificare (ed attivare) le funzioni nell'app ARDA? Se arrivasse un aggiornamento software, forse, il servizio potrebbe diventare attivo...

May 08 2021 | 11:24 am EDT endiadi77

Endiadi77, sono certo che il Key2 supporta il VoLTE. Avevo TIM sino a Dicembre 2020 e tutto funzionava correttamente. La scheda SIM di Vodafone non esegue la registrazione IMS e pertanto il servizio VoLTE non si attiva. Ho resettato il mio vecchio KeyOne (OTA ACQ160) mentre il Key2 era in assistenza e la registrazione è avvenuta correttamente. Tutto funzionava, ma riavviando poi il telefono l'IMS è tornato nello stato: non registrato. Tu hai provato a modificare (ed attivare) le funzioni nell'app ARDA? Se arrivasse un aggiornamento software, forse, il servizio potrebbe diventare attivo...
Si ho usato l'app Arda ma con vodafone a me il volte non è mai andato con il key2..ho provato in tutti i modi!