I have both in my hand. Silver has a firmer spacebar with MUCH less wobble. Silver spacebar also has a much quieter click sound than the 3 Black models I've now gone through. No double letters, no lag either on the Silver model.

Recommend the Silver. This finally feels like the phone I was expecting at the very beginning.

July 5th build date for the Silver.
    June 13th for Black.
    Last edited by markusbeutel; 07-13-18 at 07:48 PM.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    07-13-18 07:26 PM
    I have both in my hand. Silver has a firmer spacebar with MUCH less wobble. Silver spacebar also has a much quieter click sound than the 3 Black models I've now gone through. No double letters, no lag either on the Silver model.

Recommend the Silver. This finally feels like the phone I was expecting at the very beginning.
    What's the build dates?
    07-13-18 07:44 PM
    What's the build dates?
    Updated. Silver a lot newer - not surprised. Everything feels better on it.
    07-13-18 07:49 PM
    I just got my Silver -2 model. Space bar is horrendous on mine. Keyboard is also installed crooked which causes a large 1mm gap between the top edge of the keyboard and the bottom edge of the screen in the right corner. I've also noticed a few instances of double letters. I've never had double letters on the keyone.

Build date: July 4, 2018

The Black -2 model I tried in store had a great space bar. Sending mine back for exchange.
    07-13-18 07:51 PM
    I just got my Silver -2 model. Space bar is horrendous on mine. Keyboard is also installed crooked which causes a large 1mm gap between the top edge of the keyboard and the bottom edge of the screen in the right corner. I've also noticed a few instances of double letters. I've never had double letters on the keyone.

Build date: July 4, 2018

The Black -2 model I tried in store had a great space bar. Sending mine back for exchange.
    I noticed the gap on my second black model too. Could see the circuit pares underneath.

Quality control seems nonexistent on the Key2. Up to the buyer to sift through them till you get one that has no issues.

I've never seen a phone that varies this much from model to model.
    Qorax likes this.
    07-13-18 08:06 PM
    I noticed the gap on my second black model too. Could see the circuit pares underneath.

Quality control seems nonexistent on the Key2. Up to the buyer to sift through them till you get one that has no issues.

I've never seen a phone that varies this much from model to model.
    KEYone last year was much worse. In the following months, they seemed to get the hang of it better and later built units are very solid imo.

Glad your 4th unit is the right one lol
    07-15-18 10:56 AM
    Perhaps it varies depending widely from phone to phone. I only got my black key2 yesterday but so far I am working with zero waggle, my spacebar is firm and satisfying.
    07-15-18 06:26 PM
    My black K2 spacebar feels great! I mean there is a slight audible clicking but no real wobbling. Do people feel that spacebar issue is less apparent with the silver model vs black?
    07-15-18 07:01 PM
    Anyone else able to compare blk vs silver spacebars?
    07-15-18 07:55 PM