My key 2 volume seems to have a life of its own. When I put the ring volume down to off it goes back up when either the left side or the right side ( IE the volume buttons) are brushed , even gently meaning I can't guarantee the ring volume remains off which is essential for me. Ant ideas as to why and remedies?
    02-08-19 04:14 PM
    Same thing happens to my key2. I downloading precise volume app from the playstore. I am on the Jan patch and this bug still hasn't been fixed.
    RLeeSimon likes this.
    02-08-19 04:45 PM
    My key 2 volume seems to have a life of its own. When I put the ring volume down to off it goes back up when either the left side or the right side ( IE the volume buttons) are brushed , even gently meaning I can't guarantee the ring volume remains off which is essential for me. Ant ideas as to why and remedies?
    My solution was to use an app called sound profile. It kind of works the way bb10 sound profiles worked. It has normal quiet silent and night mode. Plus you can make your own. Works for me nicely. I'm still of the mind set that these notification issues are android and not so much phone related. Hoping when we get P some day this stuff will go away. Wishful thinking probably.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    RLeeSimon and biancafloyd like this.
    02-08-19 05:21 PM
    Prior to receiving the ABP242 update the ringer volume, when set to a low setting, rang very loud. There wasn't much, if any difference, from the highest setting. Since receiving the January security update I can set the volume, using the slide bar, to a low setting and it rings at a very low volume.

I tested brushing up against the volume rocker keys when the volume is set all the way off or set to ring at a lower volume setting and I'm not experiencing any change to the volume from where it was set. If I'm in an environment where I don't want my phone to ring I always select silent mode.

Bob
    02-08-19 05:42 PM
    I should have also said my experience was more like Bob's. I never noticed anything with volume buttons.

Reg
    02-08-19 06:35 PM
    Same thing happens to my key2. I downloading precise volume app from the playstore. I am on the Jan patch and this bug still hasn't been fixed.
    Precise volume is also excellent for fine volume control for music
    02-09-19 06:15 AM
    You do realize that notification volume can be different than ring volume?
    If you change the volume you will see a drop-down from the top and there should be an arrow on the far right. Click that arrow before the window disappears and you will see Ring, Media, Alarm and Notifications. Are you sure you are addressing the correct category ?

Sorry if I misunderstood but I just sometimes point to the most basic idea in situations that people tend to overlook.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-09-19 at 07:35 AM.
    02-09-19 07:15 AM
    What seems to be happening is that the volume button has become sensitive to touCh and alters ring and other volumes when touched not just when pressed. Those downloads haven't changed this problem but thanks for the suggestion
    02-09-19 10:41 AM
    What seems to be happening is that the volume button has become sensitive to touCh and alters ring and other volumes when touched not just when pressed. Those downloads haven't changed this problem but thanks for the suggestion
    Perhaps find a case that leaves the slot for the volume cut out or maybe cut the rubber buttons out of the case yourself to avoid accidental touching.
    02-09-19 12:18 PM
    Perhaps find a case that leaves the slot for the volume cut out or maybe cut the rubber buttons out of the case yourself to avoid accidental touching.
    No. It's not in a case ...
    02-09-19 02:43 PM
    No. It's not in a case ...
    I was thinking just in case
    02-09-19 04:54 PM
    My solution was to use an app called sound profile. It kind of works the way bb10 sound profiles worked. It has normal quiet silent and night mode. Plus you can make your own. Works for me nicely. I'm still of the mind set that these notification issues are android and not so much phone related. Hoping when we get P some day this stuff will go away. Wishful thinking probably.

Reg
    Similar question to OP- I don't want my phone to ring, like ever. So i'd like my volume keys to work media only. There doesn't seem to be a setting fort his, friend has a Samsung- exclouysive app that does this; would Sound Profile give the same functionality?

This is one thing I hate about android.
    02-21-19 11:31 AM
    It's not just the ringer volume that's too loud on the lowest possible level, but the alarms too. On my black key2, most all of the bundled alarms are loud enough to be heard in the next room -- using the lowest/first level sound setting.

I can't understand how something like this is still an issue after so long. The k1 and other BlackBerry phones never had this problem.

Bottom line, no matter what BB/TCL do to make a decent device, there is always at least one glaring and annoying issue that seems to be invisible to their QC/engineers.
    WenL and RLeeSimon like this.
    03-01-19 11:43 AM
    My Key2 LE has the same problem with the sensitivity of the volume slide (and the notification volume). I certainly appreciate the frustration of the previous comment regarding the inability to lower their volume. My issue t believe is more critical in that I am completely missing incoming calls! This is obviously a disaster for my business - please fix this asap BB!
    03-08-19 02:00 AM
    Well I did not realize that. Thanks The_Passporter. You solved my issue as I was able to turn my app notification volume down to a reasonable level.
    03-08-19 08:21 PM
    I am having the same issues - I will miss calls during the day because my Key2 has somehow turned down the volumn on the ringer again. This never happened on any of my earlier BBs. They had sound profiles that I could pick depending on my current situation, that would make the phone behave in a predictable manner.
    07-16-19 12:27 PM
    This thing still hasn't been solved - one and half years since this phone is out.

I contacted BlackBerry Support several times and they repeatedly told me that it is how KEY2 works like, and that this is completely normal - and that they can't do anything about it... Maybe @Bla1ze could try to escalate this? BlackBerry is definitely going cut us off soon, so there won't be even any tiny change of getting this fixed!

stephenabm likes this.
    02-05-20 02:25 PM
    This thing still hasn't been solved - one and half years since this phone is out.

I contacted BlackBerry Support several times and they repeatedly told me that it is how KEY2 works like, and that this is completely normal - and that they can't do anything about it... Maybe @Bla1ze could try to escalate this? BlackBerry is definitely going cut us off soon, so there won't be even any tiny change of getting this fixed!
    Sure, but given what they already told you, I don't have high hopes that a resolution will come of it.
    02-05-20 02:28 PM
    Sure, but given what they already told you, I don't have high hopes that a resolution will come of it.
    If you had any your own private channels how to contact BB Ltd/BBMo regarding this and reached out to them, I would be really grateful to you. As long as KEY2 is most likely the final milestone in our BB journey, it would be nice to keep a phone who does not shout like crazy each time a notification pops up. Thank you anyway!
    02-05-20 02:36 PM
    What about using something like button remapper to change button function to 'do nothing' and override system function?

otherwise perhaps Tasker could help whereby an incoming call triggers volume change to a set level.
    02-05-20 04:53 PM
    I tried that but it was really a hassle and was not convenient. I am one of the few who would actually liked and utilized if Android supported classic old school volume profiles. But it really works in a awkward way.
    02-19-20 11:18 AM
    After a sever very long e-mails I was able to obtain a confirmation from Gabriel at BlackBerry Mobile support that he sent this issue to the dev team, adding there was nothing more he could do about it.

I encourage everyone who hates this issue too to contact BBMo with a request to get this issue solved. You can reach them via the built in Support center app or through https://blackberrymobile.com/contact-us/
    02-19-20 11:24 AM
    Never fixed
    04-02-20 10:40 AM
    I have the same problem - missing calls and texts because somehow the volume turns off. I have looked at all the settings and it still happens.
    08-14-20 05:48 PM
    After a sever very long e-mails I was able to obtain a confirmation from Gabriel at BlackBerry Mobile support that he sent this issue to the dev team, adding there was nothing more he could do about it.

I encourage everyone who hates this issue too to contact BBMo with a request to get this issue solved. You can reach them via the built in Support center app or through https://blackberrymobile.com/contact-us/
    Company that can't resolve turning a ringer on/off expects to offer autonomous vehicle software. Yikes!
    11-10-20 08:54 AM
27 12