My key 2 volume seems to have a life of its own. When I put the ring volume down to off it goes back up when either the left side or the right side ( IE the volume buttons) are brushed , even gently meaning I can't guarantee the ring volume remains off which is essential for me. Ant ideas as to why and remedies?
    02-08-19 05:14 PM
    Same thing happens to my key2. I downloading precise volume app from the playstore. I am on the Jan patch and this bug still hasn't been fixed.
    02-08-19 05:45 PM
    My key 2 volume seems to have a life of its own. When I put the ring volume down to off it goes back up when either the left side or the right side ( IE the volume buttons) are brushed , even gently meaning I can't guarantee the ring volume remains off which is essential for me. Ant ideas as to why and remedies?
    My solution was to use an app called sound profile. It kind of works the way bb10 sound profiles worked. It has normal quiet silent and night mode. Plus you can make your own. Works for me nicely. I'm still of the mind set that these notification issues are android and not so much phone related. Hoping when we get P some day this stuff will go away. Wishful thinking probably.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-08-19 06:21 PM
    Prior to receiving the ABP242 update the ringer volume, when set to a low setting, rang very loud. There wasn't much, if any difference, from the highest setting. Since receiving the January security update I can set the volume, using the slide bar, to a low setting and it rings at a very low volume.

I tested brushing up against the volume rocker keys when the volume is set all the way off or set to ring at a lower volume setting and I'm not experiencing any change to the volume from where it was set. If I'm in an environment where I don't want my phone to ring I always select silent mode.

Bob
    02-08-19 06:42 PM
    I should have also said my experience was more like Bob's. I never noticed anything with volume buttons.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    02-08-19 07:35 PM
    Same thing happens to my key2. I downloading precise volume app from the playstore. I am on the Jan patch and this bug still hasn't been fixed.
    Precise volume is also excellent for fine volume control for music
    02-09-19 07:15 AM
    You do realize that notification volume can be different than ring volume?
    If you change the volume you will see a drop-down from the top and there should be an arrow on the far right. Click that arrow before the window disappears and you will see Ring, Media, Alarm and Notifications. Are you sure you are addressing the correct category ?

Sorry if I misunderstood but I just sometimes point to the most basic idea in situations that people tend to overlook.
    Last edited by The_Passporter; 02-09-19 at 08:35 AM.
    02-09-19 08:15 AM
    What seems to be happening is that the volume button has become sensitive to touCh and alters ring and other volumes when touched not just when pressed. Those downloads haven't changed this problem but thanks for the suggestion
    02-09-19 11:41 AM
    What seems to be happening is that the volume button has become sensitive to touCh and alters ring and other volumes when touched not just when pressed. Those downloads haven't changed this problem but thanks for the suggestion
    Perhaps find a case that leaves the slot for the volume cut out or maybe cut the rubber buttons out of the case yourself to avoid accidental touching.
    02-09-19 01:18 PM
    Perhaps find a case that leaves the slot for the volume cut out or maybe cut the rubber buttons out of the case yourself to avoid accidental touching.
    No. It's not in a case ...
    02-09-19 03:43 PM
    No. It's not in a case ...
    I was thinking just in case
    02-09-19 05:54 PM