My Red Edition is the most beautiful electronic gizmo I've ever handled.

It has performed absolutely 100% flawlessly since I got it in April 2019.

But I'm sad to sideline it because my company ( engineering firm ) IT dept is enforcing security and says Android 8.1 is no longer accepted.

So after careful research and short listing of OnePlus 8T, Nokia 8.3 5G, and a brief look at iPhone 12 Pro, I settled on the Google Pixel 5 in the Just Black color.

My Red Edition Key 2 will go into its original box with all the original accessories and the numerous cases I bought for it.

Not sure what I will do with it, perhaps sell it, perhaps just take it out of the box now and then and shine it with a diaper.

Sad day.

But looking forward to the Pixel 5. I heard from many users it's awesome.

However I will keep tabs on the rumours about a new Blackberry in 2021.
    11-28-20 02:31 PM

But I'm sad to sideline it because my company ( engineering firm ) IT dept is enforcing security and says Android 8.1 is no longer accepted.

So after careful research and short listing of OnePlus 8T, Nokia 8.3 5G, and a brief look at iPhone 12 Pro, I settled on the Google Pixel 5 in the Just Black color.

My Red Edition Key 2 will go into its original box with all the original accessories and the numerous cases I bought for it.

Not sure what I will do with it, perhaps sell it, perhaps just take it out of the box now and then and shine it with a diaper.

Sad day.

I also went from a KEY² to a Pixel 5.

No complaints. As far as a slab goes, it's tough to beat.
    11-28-20 02:37 PM
    Good to know. But I am going to miss this phone. if they kept it up to date, I'd probably never change.

What else you liking about the Pixel 5?
    11-28-20 03:12 PM
    Good to know. But I am going to miss this phone. if they kept it up to date, I'd probably never change.

What else you liking about the Pixel 5?
    The size is ideal. Vanilla Android, 3 years of updates and patches, waterproof, great camera, awesome screen.
    11-28-20 04:06 PM

Sad day.

I've dual carried Android/iOS for many years but had to move up my Android OS version for similar reasons. My XR is considered mid-tier iOS and two years old.

I felt comfortable with Pixel 3a recently as similar mid-tier Android and similar age. It's been an excellent value for me.

The Pixel 5 should be awesome device. It does raise my expectation level of what I'll settle for with the next BlackBerry licensed OM device.
    11-28-20 05:00 PM
    I'd have to agree. Along with the Lumia 1520 for me, that red key 2 was fire. Owned one about a year ago and sad I sold it too early.
    11-28-20 06:46 PM

Sad day.

PM'ed you
    11-28-20 08:16 PM
    Hey the_boon you're going to chuckle at this but I can't figure out on the app where to find a PM.
    11-29-20 01:50 AM
    Hey the_boon you're going to chuckle at this but I can't figure out on the app where to find a PM.
    If you're on the CB Forums app on Android, you would click on the orange envelope icon towards the top right.

It should have a number icon on it since I've sent you something.
    11-29-20 07:12 AM
    OK had to login to the website to find the orange envelope. Not working on the app. Replied to you. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
    11-29-20 11:26 AM
    OK had to login to the website to find the orange envelope. Not working on the app. Replied to you. Let me know if you didn't receive it.
    Sidetracking you here to explain.

Only the website allows you full access to everything. The “CrackBerry App” gives you access to everything on the website and forums but not to messaging system. The “CB Forums App” is a second app that is a branded version of Tapatalk and gives you access to CrackBerry Forums and messaging system only.

It’s one reason why I use CrackBerry on the mobile browser website as much as possible.
    11-29-20 11:54 AM
    Thanks very much for the explanation Chuck!
    11-29-20 09:00 PM
    I also went from a KEY² to a Pixel 5.

No complaints. As far as a slab goes, it's tough to beat.
    Conite, I am curious about your choice of the Pixel 5. Many of your previous recommendations were for less expensive phones with sufficient hardware to be good values. This choice seems more aimed at better tech and a significant price increase. Is this phone so much better for you to justify the two hundred dollar premium? Can you briefly explain? And maybe your two previous posts on this thread say as much as can be said in a brief manner? Thanks!
    11-30-20 09:43 AM
    Conite, I am curious about your choice of the Pixel 5. Many of your previous recommendations were for less expensive phones with sufficient hardware to be good values. This choice seems more aimed at better tech and a significant price increase. Is this phone so much better for you to justify the two hundred dollar premium? Can you briefly explain? And maybe your two previous posts on this thread say as much as can be said in a brief manner? Thanks!

Titan Security chip?
    Still one of the best cameras?
    Doesn't rely on another company for updates and patches?

But he does own a few Nokia's as well....
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 11-30-20 at 10:04 AM.
    11-30-20 09:54 AM
    In Canada, the Pixel 5 is equivalent to only $599 USD.

The KEY² was $649 USD.

I think that's very much in the mid-price range of devices.

I really wanted to have a 5G phone going into the next 2-3 years. For reasons I've listed before, only Pixel and Nokia are on the table for me, and I find the Pixel 5 a better value proposition at the moment.
    11-30-20 10:07 AM
    Titan Security chip?
    Still one of the best cameras?
    Doesn't rely on another company for updates and patches?
    Thanks. I was not aware of the Titan security chip. But how about the Pixel 4a? Cheaper, less capable hardware, but more in line with Conite's earlier suggestions? I'm just trying to understand for my own future replacement of my Key2le if OM doesn't come through.
    11-30-20 10:07 AM
    Thanks. I was not aware of the Titan security chip. But how about the Pixel 4a? Cheaper, less capable hardware, but more in line with Conite's earlier suggestions? I'm just trying to understand for my own future replacement of my Key2le if OM doesn't come through.
    I assuming you mean the Pixel 4a 5G.... but if you aren't interested in future proofing, the 4a is a fine phone.

There are plenty of comparison between the devices out there.... But for the higher refresh rate of the display, wireless charging, water resistance, larger battery and more RAM... I'd go with the Pixel 5 as well. But either of the 4a's are good options if they fit your budget better - or maybe you need a headphone jack?
    11-30-20 10:55 AM
    In Canada, the Pixel 5 is equivalent to only $599 USD.

The KEY² was $649 USD.

I think that's very much in the mid-price range of devices.

I really wanted to have a 5G phone going into the next 2-3 years. For reasons I've listed before, only Pixel and Nokia are on the table for me, and I find the Pixel 5 a better value proposition at the moment.
    Thank you. That clears it up for me.
    11-30-20 01:28 PM
    I assuming you mean the Pixel 4a 5G.... but if you aren't interested in future proofing, the 4a is a fine phone.

There are plenty of comparison between the devices out there.... But for the higher refresh rate of the display, wireless charging, water resistance, larger battery and more RAM... I'd go with the Pixel 5 as well. But either of the 4a's are good options if they fit your budget better - or maybe you need a headphone jack?
    I look at many different comparisons, but I'm interested in Conite's opinions, yours and some of the other knowledgeable BlackBerry fans on CB. Thank you for your detailed and helpful replies.
    Thanks for your informative reply.
    11-30-20 01:32 PM
    My wife and I have switched from our Blackberrys to the Pixel 4a. We both really like everything about these phones along with the value. Together these phones cost less than $700 total.
    11-30-20 03:41 PM
    If you are here in the US all the Pixel and Samsung devices (Samsung on all mid to flagship are now supported equally in terms of OS versions and longer in regards to security patching) are much cheaper on deals. There are some exceptional deals on both brands going on now for the holidays.

*In addition to Pixel 4a, 4a 5G and 5 see and compare the Samsung A51 5G, A71 5G (also cheaper LTE models) and the value to performance phone of the year in the Samsung S20 FE.
    Thank you. That clears it up for me.
    11-30-20 04:06 PM
    My wife and I have switched from our Blackberrys to the Pixel 4a. We both really like everything about these phones along with the value. Together these phones cost less than $700 total.
    Thank you! Sounds like a great price, too.
    11-30-20 04:26 PM
    If you are here in the US all the Pixel and Samsung devices (Samsung on all mid to flagship are now supported equally in terms of OS versions and longer in regards to security patching) are much cheaper on deals. There are some exceptional deals on both brands going on now for the holidays.

*In addition to Pixel 4a, 4a 5G and 5 see and compare the Samsung A51 5G, A71 5G (also cheaper LTE models) and the value to performance phone of the year in the Samsung S20 FE.
    I appreciate your input. I don't need cutting edge tech but appreciate good tech and good value as well as non Chinese mainland manufacture. Thanks.
    11-30-20 04:29 PM
    I appreciate your input. I don't need cutting edge tech but appreciate good tech and good value as well as non Chinese mainland manufacture. Thanks.
    The Pixel 5 is manufactured by Foxcom.

According to Android Central - While the Pixel 4a is already being produced in Vietnam, the Pixel 5 is being manufactured in Shenzhen, China.Sep 30, 2020 https://www.androidcentral.com/googl...-5-phones-year
    11-30-20 07:05 PM
    The Pixel 5 is manufactured by Foxcom.

According to Android Central - While the Pixel 4a is already being produced in Vietnam, the Pixel 5 is being manufactured in Shenzhen, China.Sep 30, 2020 https://www.androidcentral.com/googl...-5-phones-year
    Thanks. That makes a difference to me.
    11-30-20 11:19 PM
43 12