Exactly. I always have to say "it's Android"
    Me too... they really don't know. What's funny is though... they always tell me how "they loved their blackberry"... and because of that keyone commercial... I always reply "I still do.." Lol

05-23-19 09:16 PM
    Different than the old days for sure... agreed on that point. I can however proudly say that I've contributed to converting at least 2 other relatively random people buying key2's. One kid who works @ Target and another who works @ Avis. In both cases they saw and asked about the phone and the next time I saw them they each had bought one. Gotta start somewhere right? Lol
    Wow that's not bad at all, to have convinced two people who didn't know BB existed to and spend $649
    05-23-19 09:34 PM
    Wow that's not bad at all, to have convinced two people who didn't know BB existed to and spend $649
    Ha! Technically it was only $599... bestbuy had em' on sale. I can also say.... Had never had that happen prior or since then that I know of
    05-23-19 09:38 PM
    Me too... they really don't know. What's funny is though... they always tell me how "they loved their blackberry"... and because of that keyone commercial... I always reply "I still do.." Lol

That's Key2 commercial lol
    05-23-19 10:18 PM
    Lol, you're right... thought that was for key1. Funny enough though a great key2 review came on right after that commercial
    if you've never seen it, one of the most fair and best I've seen to date

on the road with my BlackBerry
    05-23-19 10:28 PM
    Lol, you're right... thought that was for key1. Funny enough though a great key2 review came on right after that commercial
    if you've never seen it, one of the most fair and best I've seen to date

on the road with my BlackBerry
    That commercial is way better than Z10 Super Bowl
    05-23-19 11:55 PM
    Different than the old days for sure... agreed on that point. I can however proudly say that I've contributed to converting at least 2 other relatively random people buying key2's. One kid who works @ Target and another who works @ Avis. In both cases they saw and asked about the phone and the next time I saw them they each had bought one. Gotta start somewhere right? Lol
    That's awesome!
    05-24-19 12:26 PM
    Agreed, putting a 9900 on the airport bar top would bring nods of approval, today, not so much as a look. Welcome to BlackBerry 2019.
    Well it is a different time. Back in the day BlackBerry was the only premium phone maker...and maybe arguably the Motorolla Razer though I think that was before 9900's.

Today you have half a dozen premium phone makers...the catch is that they all look the same.
    The Key2 in a world of slabs, is very quite unique and I get plenty of attention for my Key2 LE in the slate gray. I can only imagine a Red Key2.
    05-24-19 02:18 PM
    I don't mean to be negative but I love all these "people are amazed at my BlackBerry" posts which, again I would argue, why aren't they buying them if they're so impressed? The way you all make it sound they should. Be the number one seller.
    I know we're all fans but let's not exaggerate too much. LOL.
    05-24-19 02:55 PM
    Well it is a different time. Back in the day BlackBerry was the only premium phone maker...and maybe arguably the Motorolla Razer though I think that was before 9900's.

Today you have half a dozen premium phone makers...the catch is that they all look the same.
    The Key2 in a world of slabs, is very quite unique and I get plenty of attention for my Key2 LE in the slate gray. I can only imagine a Red Key2.
    Also back in the 9900 days... only about 30% of phone owners in the US had a smartphone. Any smartphone stood out back then...

There is no doubt that PKB's stand out and get attention.... Passport was a beautiful phone, especially in RED.

But attention doesn't equal admiration nor sales... It's a start.
    TgeekB likes this.
    05-24-19 02:57 PM
    why
    05-24-19 03:09 PM
    why
    why not
    05-24-19 03:19 PM
    I don't mean to be negative but I love all these "people are amazed at my BlackBerry" posts which, again I would argue, why aren't they buying them if they're so impressed? The way you all make it sound they should. Be the number one seller.
    I know we're all fans but let's not exaggerate too much. LOL.
    More and more people are amazed from Tesla in Germany. This is what I see. They are selling quite good...but still you maybe see th rarely.... I think the same may apply to the BB with Android. People are amazed, but they will choose something cheaper and useful. The prices of the BB are too high for me.

I would put them down so to increase the sells... A phone that is receiving only one major updated and 2 years only of security patches should not have the same price after one year....

Anyway, just my two cents...in BB I am sure they are plenty of marketing experts....and I am not.
    05-24-19 03:31 PM
    why why not
    05-24-19 03:59 PM
    More and more people are amazed from Tesla in Germany. This is what I see. They are selling quite good...but still you maybe see th rarely.... I think the same may apply to the BB with Android. People are amazed, but they will choose something cheaper and useful. The prices of the BB are too high for me.

I would put them down so to increase the sells... A phone that is receiving only one major updated and 2 years only of security patches should not have the same price after one year....

Anyway, just my two cents...in BB I am sure they are plenty of marketing experts....and I am not.
    Realistically, the first step in rehabilitating the BlackBerry handset brand is simply increasing awareness that it exists. The classic marketing framework is
    Awareness ==>
    Interest ==>
    Desire ==>
    Action

You can't really skip any steps. BBMo's challenge is to make potential buyers aware that they exist and interest them in seriously evaluating the phones as a legitimate purchasing option. That's where they are stuck at the moment. The next step, desire, will also be a challenge for any shoppers who don't know they want a PKB. The final step, action, is typically about pricing and promotions, but they can't grow the brand without working on the first two stages in the marketing funnel.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 05-24-19 at 04:26 PM.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-24-19 04:13 PM
    Amazon removed the Key2 Red Edition order page.

Yes, Key2 Red Edition is officially discontinued in the US.
    06-05-19 07:58 AM
    Amazon removed the Key2 Red Edition order page.

Yes, Key2 Red Edition is officially discontinued in the US.
    Makes zero sense in my opinion.

The thing sold out so quickly, why wouldn't they refill the shelves??
    06-12-19 09:50 AM
    Makes zero sense in my opinion.

The thing sold out so quickly, why wouldn't they refill the shelves??
    Perhaps there isn't anymore to fill shelves. Production might have been limited.
    06-12-19 09:58 AM
    I had a Red Edition on order since April and just got my cancelled email from Amazon:

Item Cancelled
    Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item from your order. We've canceled the item and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below.

Posted via CB10
    06-12-19 10:03 AM
    That darn Canadian Bank bought the entire run - 10,000 units . Look for a bank with a Red logo!
    I'm watching ScotiaBank like a hawk to see if any are lying on employee and management desks....
    06-12-19 11:46 AM
    I had a Red Edition on order since April and just got my cancelled email from Amazon:

Item Cancelled
    Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item from your order. We've canceled the item and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If you are still interested in purchasing this item, it may be available from other sellers. Please visit the detail page for this item below.

Posted via CB10
    Same. Very disappointed.
    06-12-19 11:48 AM
    I'm watching ScotiaBank like a hawk to see if any are lying on employee and management desks....
    Ha! Looking for Conite to bet me that the 10,000 order does exist. Perhaps there is a rogue IT manager out there.
    06-12-19 12:20 PM
    Best Buy still has the Atomic Red (Non-CDMA) for EDIT - starting at $349.99 with free shipping, delivery by 6/14.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=agqPlOse
    06-12-19 01:29 PM
    Ha! Looking for Conite to bet me that the 10,000 order does exist. Perhaps there is a rogue IT manager out there.
    My guess is ScotiaBank is the go between BlackBerry in Canada and TCL in China.... the order was the cost of doing business.

If an IT Manager bought into what BBMo is selling.... he's going to be looking for a new job when the devices run out of support years before even their existing iPhones do.
    John Albert likes this.
    06-12-19 01:29 PM
    My guess is ScotiaBank is the go between BlackBerry in Canada and TCL in China.... the order was the cost of doing business.

If an IT Manager bought into what BBMo is selling.... he's going to be looking for a new job when the devices run out of support years before even their existing iPhones do.
    Is it THAT important that a company device is always under current support?
    Will a device's security automatically be compromised if it's on a patch that's a couple months old?
    06-12-19 03:07 PM
254 ... 7891011