"Ships from and sold by Amazon"
    I'm not sure if we are in the same page.
    This is what I got.
    Attached Thumbnails KEY2 Red Edition maybe discontinued in the USA?-18503.jpg  
    05-14-19 08:25 PM
    He wants the RED one
    John Albert likes this.
    05-14-19 08:25 PM
    ???

$615[IMG=540x810]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190515/7b988313e54a28fc4735aba2431f28f8.jpg[/url]
    I was under the impression he wanted the RED one.
    05-14-19 08:28 PM
    still available for me....

KEY2 Red Edition maybe discontinued in the USA?-screen-shot-2019-05-14-9.27.41-pm.jpg
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-14-19 08:30 PM
    Ouch, $1099.00 + $5.00 Shipping. I guess if you want that RED one bad enough. And it's sold by Z Gadgets.
    I want the red one, but not get ripped off with $1100.
    05-14-19 08:30 PM
    still available for me....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-05-14 at 9.27.41 PM.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	241.4 KB 
ID:	444409
    Amazon said no longer available after I placed my order few week ago when they kept pushing the delivery date.

Go to BlackBerry Mobile site and try to buy the Red Edition, it is not going to give you Amazon as a seller option.
    05-14-19 08:33 PM
    ???

$615[IMG=540x810]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190515/7b988313e54a28fc4735aba2431f28f8.jpg[/url]
    The Red one is $1099. You have to select it in the options bar....
    05-14-19 09:02 PM
    This is really really strange.

If the red sold out so fast, why would TCL not keep making a few more batches?
    We have a handful of members here who purchased it and reported zero issues with it, so I would rule out the "something really bad happened" as far as the device itself.
    Vistaus likes this.
    05-14-19 09:07 PM
    This is really really strange.

If the red sold out so fast, why would TCL not keep making a few more batches?
    We have a handful of members here who purchased it and reported zero issues with it, so I would rule out the "something really bad happened" as far as the device itself.
    I'm expecting to hear some big news from BlackBerry Mobile handset soon. Either a new great handset, or ....
    05-14-19 10:05 PM
    Maybe. Or just two ways of saying the same thing. Glass full or glass empty?

They did say it was a red edition, not an unlimited edition.

PDA plaza is still selling it. Haven't checked the BlackBerry euro site yet. Perhaps Verizon had something to do with this. Carrier exclusive for them in red? Kind of makes sense no?
    Did you mean to say half empty and half full?
    05-14-19 10:16 PM
    We know that TCL prefers to build to order rather than build to stock. That's their whole manufacturing model. So it makes sense that BBMO Placed orders for the Red edition based on conservative estimates of what they could sell. It was always intended to be a limited run at a premium price for BlackBerry fans.

Obviously they could have priced it lower to sell more units, but the fact that BBMO keeps selling out their limited stock shows how much they hate inventory risk. They'd rather lose some sales than get stuck with an overage.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    05-15-19 05:11 AM
    no. select red then scroll down. $1,099.
    05-15-19 05:48 AM
    The european blackberrymobile site shows an inventory of the red edition.

KEY2 Red Edition maybe discontinued in the USA?-2019-05-15-14_10_22-blackberry-key2-bb-handsets.jpg

It seems that we are not willing to pay so much for a current device with just a new color...
    05-15-19 07:12 AM
    The european blackberrymobile site shows an inventory of the red edition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-15 14_10_22-Blackberry Key2 - BB Handsets.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	107.5 KB 
ID:	444414

It seems that we are not willing to pay so much for a current device with just a new color...
    Red & Champagne Key2 LE is also not in stock on Amazon either, except for 3rd parties - or a 1 - 2 month wait. Best Buy does have both colors of the LE (and the slate).

Inventory control is a tricky thing when you have so many different variants and colors... especially after a product has been on the market for so long. I think ending some of those might be in order....

If there is money to be made in a $699 Red KEY2... I'd expect in a week or two they'll have it back in stock. In the past we saw the 1 - 2 months on Amazon and then a week later they had inventory...

But yeah there are other reasons to scale down too... maybe TCL just needs the production capacity for other products?
    05-15-19 07:35 AM
    Red & Champagne Key2 LE is also not in stock on Amazon either, except for 3rd parties - or a 1 - 2 month wait. Best Buy does have both colors of the LE (and the slate).

Inventory control is a tricky thing when you have so many different variants and colors... especially after a product has been on the market for so long. I think ending some of those might be in order....

If there is money to be made in a $699 Red KEY2... I'd expect in a week or two they'll have it back in stock. In the past we saw the 1 - 2 months on Amazon and then a week later they had inventory...

But yeah there are other reasons to scale down too... maybe TCL just needs the production capacity for other products?
    The Champagne Key²LE on Amazon is actually the Slate India version. I know..I ordered it and very mad when I received. It went back and I gave the seller a poor review. They blame the incorrect information on Amazon. When I called the seller they told me that they can't get the Champagne model. Buyer beware. My advice is to call the seller and verify that phone described is the actual model they are selling before ordering.
    Bob80220 likes this.
    05-15-19 08:22 AM
    The Champagne Key²LE on Amazon is actually the Slate India version. I know..I ordered it and very mad when I received. It went back and I gave the seller a poor review. They blame the incorrect information on Amazon. When I called the seller they told me that they can't get the Champagne model. Buyer beware. My advice is to call the seller and verify that phone described is the actual model they are selling before ordering.
    That's why I make sure of who I'm buying from on Amazon.... Sold & Shipped by Amazon.
    05-15-19 08:29 AM
    That sucks! There's no worse feeling (relatively speaking) then receiving a much anticipated package only to open it and realize that the seller sent the wrong product. Such a buzz kill and waste of everyone's time.

Glad you got your money back. If you're in Canada, you can still snag an international champagne KEY2 LE from PDA plaza.
    05-15-19 08:31 AM
    That's why I make sure of who I'm buying from on Amazon.... Sold & Shipped by Amazon.
    Especially with the higher dollar purchases.
    05-15-19 08:58 AM
    That sucks! There's no worse feeling (relatively speaking) then receiving a much anticipated package only to open it and realize that the seller sent the wrong product. Such a buzz kill and waste of everyone's time.

Glad you got your money back. If you're in Canada, you can still snag an international champagne KEY2 LE from PDA plaza.
    There is more to this. My unlocked KEY² was smashed in a parking lot. I decided to go for the Key²LE mainly because of cost and for the non-capacitive keyboard. I order the unlocked GSM version (Slate). It turns out that even though it may be unlocked it is beholden to ATT for updates. Not what I wanted. So I put in a return and went for the International unlocked champagne model. What I received was the Slate India version.
    After searching for hours I couldn't find what I wanted so I canceled the GSM Slate return and sent back the India phone.
    So now I'm stuck hoping ATT will issue a security update sometime in my lifetime.
    I even thought I would spend the extra bucks and get another KEY² and suffer through the keyboard frustration but couldn't find another unlocked version as my first.
    The writing is on the wall. The available phone models for sale (Best Buy/Amazon/BBMo are becoming very limited.
    05-15-19 09:02 AM
    Especially with the higher dollar purchases.
    Well, that's what I thought but read my long winded post above. My unlocked GSM Key²LE was sold and fulfilled by Amazon. However it still has to rely on ATT for updates.
    Always make sure the model and prd # are the ones you want.
    05-15-19 09:04 AM
    There is more to this. My unlocked KEY² was smashed in a parking lot. I decided to go for the Key²LE mainly because of cost and for the non-capacitive keyboard. I order the unlocked GSM version (Slate). It turns out that even though it may be unlocked it is beholden to ATT for updates. Not what I wanted. So I put in a return and went for the International unlocked champagne model. What I received was the Slate India version.
    After searching for hours I couldn't find what I wanted so I canceled the GSM Slate return and sent back the India phone.
    So now I'm stuck hoping ATT will issue a security update sometime in my lifetime.
    I even thought I would spend the extra bucks and get another KEY² and suffer through the keyboard frustration but couldn't find another unlocked version as my first.
    The writing is on the wall. The available phone models for sale (Best Buy/Amazon/BBMo are becoming very limited.
    Their is no AT&T Key2 LE version. The Key2 LE is only available factory unlocked. If there was AT&T version I would have bought instead of BE KEYone or iPhone XR that I settled for.
    the_boon likes this.
    05-15-19 09:07 AM
    iPhone XR that I settled for.
    Key words being "settled for"!
    the_boon likes this.
    05-15-19 09:19 AM
    Their is no AT&T Key2 LE version. The Key2 LE is only available factory unlocked. If there was AT&T version I would have bought instead of BE KEYone or iPhone XR that I settled for.
    I know that, however the autoloader recently posted for the Key²LE doesn't work. The operating version update is from Dec. I can only surmise that the phone is somehow dependent on ATT or some other ghostly entities.
    Or BBMo has abandoned updating this particular PRD model.
    Whatever the reason it is many months behind on updates.
    05-15-19 09:22 AM
    The Key2 LE is only available factory unlocked.
    In the US. In Canada all the major carriers picked it up (32 GB / slate version).
    05-15-19 09:22 AM
    I know that, however the autoloader recently posted for the Key²LE doesn't work. The operating version update is from Dec. I can only surmise that the phone is somehow dependent on ATT or some other ghostly entities.
    Or BBMo has abandoned updating this particular PRD model.
    Whatever the reason it is many months behind on updates.
    You may be referring to my post regarding the BBE100-5 and a possible influence from Verizon.

That said, all BBE100-5 are now updated (or about to be updated) to at least April.
    Last edited by conite; 05-15-19 at 12:28 PM.
    05-15-19 09:26 AM
254 1234 ...