Just upgraded from a Key 1 to a Key 2.

when typing on the keyboard, when I hit want the question mark, it does a V and a space,

other times, when typing a msg, random letters appear, or spaces.

Very frustrating! is there a setting I can adjust or something

also, on my K1, the fingerprint reader worked flawlessly this one, not so much, takes several tries. and yes, i deleted and re added my finger print. and I swabbed the space bar to make sure its clean.

Any ideas I kept my old key 1 and just might switch back.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-20-18 12:08 PM
    Welcome to the club!
    12-20-18 12:12 PM
    key2's a whole different than keyone internally, processor, battery life, more ram, dope keyboard and on the top that black color look so fine. I know my fingerprint did the same in the beginning. I had to del the previous fingerprints and add new ones few times a day. But it's working well since then and I can't keep my fingers away from its keyboard. The best blackberry keyboard ever made. Just keep the device and you are gonna love it.
    12-20-18 12:43 PM
    Just upgraded from a Key 1 to a Key 2.

when typing on the keyboard, when I hit want the question mark, it does a V and a space,

other times, when typing a msg, random letters appear, or spaces.

Very frustrating! is there a setting I can adjust or something

also, on my K1, the fingerprint reader worked flawlessly this one, not so much, takes several tries. and yes, i deleted and re added my finger print. and I swabbed the space bar to make sure its clean.

Any ideas I kept my old key 1 and just might switch back.
    I will say I have same issues and coming from a classic and no active keyboard it's been and still is a learning curve. I still feel my keyboard is flawed but it still just might be because I of the way I keep my thumbs on it. The space v is so annoying though. I also set my chat apps to send on enter key. Might need to stop that as its alt ? Then enter and then see a v and it anger. Lol

Finger print sensor I have also had to do a few to get one that works well. I use my thumbs and found not using the top or tip. Get more of middle of thumb and it seems to remember better. Not much help but your not alone. I also get cursor mode a lot when I don't want it.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    12-20-18 01:29 PM
    I'm Done with this Keyboard on the Key2 it's unusable
    I never thought I would say this I'm getting a I phone they completely ruined this phone.
    cyberdoggie and elfabio80 like this.
    12-20-18 06:03 PM
    Key2 is a POS in "BlackBerry" clothing. There's nothing BB about this apart from the name
    12-21-18 07:11 AM
    the fingerprint sensor really is poor. KeyOne I rarely had trouble. with Key² I find it easier to enter passcode because it takes less time than repeatedly mashing my thumb on the space bar and hoping for the best.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-21-18 12:17 PM
    the fingerprint sensor really is poor. KeyOne I rarely had trouble. with Key² I find it easier to enter passcode because it takes less time than repeatedly mashing my thumb on the space bar and hoping for the best.

Thanks for your thoughts, so it really is a crappy sensor on the K2 then? I too am seriously thinking of going back to passcode.

such a shame, the K1 reader was absolutely flawless and blazing fast. I was spoiled.
    12-21-18 02:52 PM
    And yet my Fingerprint sensor does and has worked flawlessly since I got my Key2 in July (as long as my fingers are reasonably clean.)

And my keyboard also works just fine. I have big stubby fingers and 30+ years of arthritis and I still seem to type fine. (On any keyboard, even my desktop, I often hit the "b" key when I want to hit the spacebar. It obviously isn't the keyboard's fault.

..Tom
    12-21-18 03:33 PM
    Another KEY2 user here that previously used a KEYone, and for the most part, the K2 fingerprint reader works; however, on occasion it will fail to register, and usually it's because of how I have my thumb oriented.
    cyberdoggie and V-Tom like this.
    12-21-18 03:50 PM
    Key2 is a POS in "BlackBerry" clothing. There's nothing BB about this apart from the name
    The ONLY thing that's disappointing about the KEY2's keyboard is the spacebar.
    12-27-18 08:28 PM
    I too came from the K1 and found it to be very reliable. My K2 is good, although, clean dry fingers is a must and orientation must be much more adhered to. All in all, I find the experience mostly reliable. Cheers,
    12-27-18 08:45 PM
    FPS has a software issue.

Today for example. I grabbed the phone off of charge and tried to unlock the phone via the FPS. After the max tries failed to unlock the phone. I had to enter my pin to unlock the phone.

Then seconds later I locked the phone and unlocked it 10 or more times with the FPS. Without fail.

This is a software issue just like the space bar lag.
    12-28-18 07:06 PM
    FPS makes me crazy since i bought key2. i tried to set up many times and still same. I was a blackberry user about 10 years but my new phone wouldn't be blackberry due to key2 experience. its not only FPS, but I want also better camera and better display and better speakers. After last update I have issue with ring tone on bbm and alarm. I switch them on and after few hours they turn of to none sound
    12-28-18 11:54 PM
    SOLVED.............. and its all my fault.

just wanted to put this out there.

I guess my fingers werent used to the new style keyboard, why was I having issues? well when I went to hit the V or the question mark, my fat finger would hit the space bar as well causing my frustration.

since adjusting my finger method, keyboard has been flawless.

But,,,,, the finger print sensor is still crap compared to my K1.
    anon(10387168) and Bob80220 like this.
    02-07-19 01:34 PM
    my space bar doesn't ev enwork all. the time.
    02-07-19 04:08 PM
    my space bar doesn't ev enwork all. the time.
    Get an exchange don't stay with a defective one
    02-07-19 04:53 PM
    it just started recently. I need to call and see what they will do for me.
    02-07-19 04:58 PM
    I agree. Have the same issue. Punching the PIN code is faster than the sensor. Never had the issue with the K1
    02-13-19 11:08 AM
    Aside from sensor speed, I wish that Android was more like iOS in the sense that the phone unlocks as you input the last digit of the correct code, instead of having to do the extra step of taking your finger to the "" after inputting the 4 digits.
    I find that really annoying, but it's kind of forgotten about since fingerprint sensors, iris and face scanners are in just about every mid range and flagship device.
    02-13-19 12:46 PM
    I've found that if you place your thumb over the left side of the space bar, almost touching the microphone button, then the sensor works every time. 👍
    02-16-19 06:17 AM
    Because of doing Autoloader updates I've had to reset my fingerprints many times. As long as I set the prints up as I would normally pickup the phone and how my thumbs naturally fall on the space bar it works perfectly.
    02-16-19 06:30 AM
    I've read so many negative reports about issues with the Key2 keyboard and finger print sensor that it's stopped me upgrading. I know a lot of people do really like the phone, but the same issues seem to be highlighted over and over again.

I still find it difficult to believe that TCL have been unable to match the feel of the best BlackBerry keyboards of 4-5 years ago, can't get the capacitive element to work as well as on the Passport, and now are unable to even match the fingerprint sensor of their earlier phone. it's all very disappointing.

You really would think that after 15 odd years of mobile keyboard development they should be pretty much perfect - particularly as they're not offering much more in terms of functionality than say a Bold 9900. I know TCL are new to PKBs, but surely the must have pulled a few BlackBerry keyboards apart for some clues?

Whilst I'm on a rant, why can't they even put in a decent LED for notifications? Some of these things are such basic oversights. Depressing.
    02-16-19 10:36 AM
    I've read so many negative reports about issues with the Key2 keyboard and finger print sensor that it's stopped me upgrading. I know a lot of people do really like the phone, but the same issues seem to be highlighted over and over again.

I still find it difficult to believe that TCL have been unable to match the feel of the best BlackBerry keyboards of 4-5 years ago, can't get the capacitive element to work as well as on the Passport, and now are unable to even match the fingerprint sensor of their earlier phone. it's all very disappointing.

You really would think that after 15 odd years of mobile keyboard development they should be pretty much perfect - particularly as they're not offering much more in terms of functionality than say a Bold 9900. I know TCL are new to PKBs, but surely the must have pulled a few BlackBerry keyboards apart for some clues?

Whilst I'm on a rant, why can't they even put in a decent LED for notifications? Some of these things are such basic oversights. Depressing.
    Yes, it is very frustrating that TCL/BBMo has provided us a PKB that has sensitivity issues... there are many of us that are affected with this issue and have open cases with BlackBerry Technical Support. To date there hasn't been a resolution to this issue unfortunately. As you mentioned a good number of us are accustomed to the capacitive keyboard with BlackBerry devices vs BlackBerry Mobile produced devices. Not up to the standards we enjoyed and are familiar with.

There are contradicting responses from BlackBerry Mobile as to it being software or hardware related which is not very reassuring. Regarding my current case with BlackBerry Technical Support, I was assured this was a hardware issue and they are sending me a replacement device. The representative I am working with gave me his assurance this device will be free from PKB issues.

To say I'm skeptical would be an understatement... 🤔

Bob
    02-16-19 10:54 AM

My only issue with sensor is after washing hands it takes a few attempt. This is understandable.

Key2 is a decent phone. Nothing is perfect
    02-16-19 10:59 AM
26 12