I bought a used Key2 on Swappa. User said there were no issues with the spacebar. Spent almost 1/2 of day transferring the data and the APPs. Yes, I used content transfer but the limit was only 3500 messages.

I am starting to think and know that iOs is far superior to Android. I can simply back up my phone which is everything: pictures, apps data, contacts with one button push and set the phone to do that on an interval. I could care less what Apple does with my pictures. If Tim Cook wants to see them, more power to him. Then restore with one push on any new device. Then wipe the old one and sell it for a decent resale value.

With Android, everything is piece by piece. What about memory and the capacity to put in your own SD card and be in control? That SD card is useless because the phone seems to keep writing in the same sectors which is corrupting some of my pictures. So now I need to get a photo repair program to fix the picture corruption. You need to use a HIGH ENDURANCE type of SD card. If you store pictures on the SD card and something happens to the phone, that's your life gone.

This Key2 was flawless but the spacebar only works if you push it on one side. Pushing the middle or the other side does nothing. Pushingthemiddleortheothersidedoesnothing is what happens when I type. The only solution is the train myself to type with the other thumb for the spacebar. So I went back to my Key 1 and will use it until the phone goes obsolete. Only the Red Edition will do it for me and they don't sell phones in North America because people will buy them. That goes against the Blackberry model of making sound decisions.

I have given up hope for a Key 3 and will just buy and iphone 8 plus or X. It's been a great ride from the 8900, Torch, Passport, and Key 1. Some where down the line, Blackberry started to not care about it's MOST loyal user base and I am tired of it.

I won't give another penny to Samsung because they make phones that are only good for 1 update, so you have to buy a new one. The same thing with their tablets. I have an iPhone SE for work that I got in 2016 and it's still going strong after 4 years with updates to the latest iOs. People say Apple is greedy but they sure do stretch out the support for their products.

My other option is to just get another Key 1 Black Edition but eventually that will put me in the same space when I had the Passport. No support.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-07-20 12:56 AM
    I would return the defective key2 to the swappa seller as the space bar key is defective
    01-07-20 01:37 AM
    i think in this case the user is the problem. i too can backup with one button click with intervals, on android.
    also you can't compare outdated android on bb devices with the newest iOS. Android is also different on every device, be it samsung, xiaomi, huawei etc. One is better one is worse. With BB we have almost stock android without the added functionalities from other manufacturers
    Trouveur likes this.
    01-07-20 03:42 AM
    I bought a used Key2 on Swappa. User said there were no issues with the spacebar. Spent almost 1/2 of day transferring the data and the APPs. Yes, I used content transfer but the limit was only 3500 messages.

I am starting to think and know that iOs is far superior to Android. I can simply back up my phone which is everything: pictures, apps data, contacts with one button push and set the phone to do that on an interval. I could care less what Apple does with my pictures. If Tim Cook wants to see them, more power to him. Then restore with one push on any new device. Then wipe the old one and sell it for a decent resale value.

With Android, everything is piece by piece. What about memory and the capacity to put in your own SD card and be in control? That SD card is useless because the phone seems to keep writing in the same sectors which is corrupting some of my pictures. So now I need to get a photo repair program to fix the picture corruption. You need to use a HIGH ENDURANCE type of SD card. If you store pictures on the SD card and something happens to the phone, that's your life gone.

This Key2 was flawless but the spacebar only works if you push it on one side. Pushing the middle or the other side does nothing. Pushingthemiddleortheothersidedoesnothing is what happens when I type. The only solution is the train myself to type with the other thumb for the spacebar. So I went back to my Key 1 and will use it until the phone goes obsolete. Only the Red Edition will do it for me and they don't sell phones in North America because people will buy them. That goes against the Blackberry model of making sound decisions.

I have given up hope for a Key 3 and will just buy and iphone 8 plus or X. It's been a great ride from the 8900, Torch, Passport, and Key 1. Some where down the line, Blackberry started to not care about it's MOST loyal user base and I am tired of it.

I won't give another penny to Samsung because they make phones that are only good for 1 update, so you have to buy a new one. The same thing with their tablets. I have an iPhone SE for work that I got in 2016 and it's still going strong after 4 years with updates to the latest iOs. People say Apple is greedy but they sure do stretch out the support for their products.

My other option is to just get another Key 1 Black Edition but eventually that will put me in the same space when I had the Passport. No support.
    Contact Swappa to have them force the seller to accept the return.

Do it.
    01-07-20 08:56 AM
    Contact Swappa to have them force the seller to accept the return.

Do it.
    Says the guy selling the parts Titan on eBay although, yes, fully disclosed....
    01-07-20 11:58 AM
    Says the guy selling the parts Titan on eBay although, yes, fully disclosed....
    So?

He just bought it from Swappa.

Swappa has a solid buyer protection policy.

UniHertz... would be a different animal to deal with.
    01-07-20 12:39 PM
    So?

You know I don’t use sarcasm emojis
    01-07-20 12:52 PM
    I just replaced a key one with a key 2 over Xmas . I just let Google back it up the Keyone and the restore went fine. I had to do a little more for MobileIron and PingID but that was expected.
    01-07-20 12:54 PM
    You know I don’t use sarcasm emojis
    I would have thought iOS came with them
    01-07-20 01:04 PM
    I would have thought iOS came with them
    Yes but I’m only slowly learning the VKB and it’s multiple advantages coming from the PKB I’ve only known.

;-D
    01-07-20 01:07 PM
    Yes but I’m only slowly learning the VKB and it’s multiple advantages coming from the PKB I’ve only known.

;-D
    You have to tap the little smiley face icon to access your emojis

Just sayin'
    mh1983 likes this.
    01-07-20 01:12 PM
    So?

I thought the same but Unihertz when I contacted them in case I want to send the phone back was very easy to work with,
    01-08-20 10:29 AM
    I thought the same but Unihertz when I contacted them in case I want to send the phone back was very easy to work with,
    I just sent the Titan back to Unihertz yesterday. Easy process.
    01-08-20 01:47 PM
    Yes, I initiated the return on Swappa and shipped the device back today. Once I get my refund, I will post the serial number and IMEI here so others don't make the mistake and buy this "MINT" Key 2 phone with no keyboard issues. The phone has zero scratches and it's flawless on the outside.
    01-08-20 11:02 PM