So i've got a contact that BB has decided to color blue (BTW is there a rhyme or reason behind this auto coloring scheme? I figured a-z through the rainbow but nope, or same color first letter as first letter of name -nope, or alphabetical color names progressing through alpha people names - nope).
    If I now go to create a new text, BB asks me to search my contacts for the one I want. Here it shows up yellow. Now that I've got a conversation going, the icon is orange. If I do a long hold on a text or email from this person it takes me to their contact page but here the color of the large field behind the person icon is purple. What kind of dumb UI is this?
    09-18-19 04:56 PM
    It's not just BlackBerry. All contact apps do that. Google does it. Microsoft does it.

Someone decided that contacts needed to be shown with a giant colored circle avatar with letters if there is no image associated with it. And we all have to put up with it, without any kind of option to have something different if one wanted it.

I don't like it either, and would rather no kind of icon at all - just names.

I'm also tired of the whole circle motif with every avatar as well. Heck, even here at CrackBerry, it shows our avatars in circles. Kind of ruins the square-based image I'm using.
    09-18-19 06:44 PM
    It's not just BlackBerry. All contact apps do that. Google does it. Microsoft does it.

Someone decided that contacts needed to be shown with a giant colored circle avatar with letters if there is no image associated with it. And we all have to put up with it, without any kind of option to have something different if one wanted it.

I don't like it either, and would rather no kind of icon at all - just names.

I'm also tired of the whole circle motif with every avatar as well. Heck, even here at CrackBerry, it shows our avatars in circles. Kind of ruins the square-based image I'm using.
    You’re square but we like you that way.
    09-18-19 07:08 PM
    You’re square but we like you that way.
    And I ain't changin' either...
    09-18-19 11:24 PM