So I just received my Key2 from Amazon today and I am afraid to update my software, given the bugs that currently exist. I have learned over the years that sometimes with a BB it's best not to update the software until everything is sorted out (for example, WiFi issues, etc).

Is it smart for me to hold off updating the software or should I go for it? The only major bug I can see thus far is that the fingerprint reader stopped working properly after a restart. I believe this was a bug a while ago that was fixed but I would easily trade that for WiFi issues, etc.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. BTW, it's worth noting that my spacebar feels completely solid and frankly no different than the other keys - possibly because it's a more recent phone?!? I am also noticing that the phone feels top heavy when using it for an extended period of time (as many have reported in that the Key2 LE does not have this issue because of its lighter weight). I can also report that scrolling up/down via the keyboard is quite precise, which is great.
    01-04-19 11:27 PM
    I'd update away. On ABM374 without any issues here.
    01-04-19 11:52 PM
    So I just received my Key2 from Amazon today and I am afraid to update my software, given the bugs that currently exist. I have learned over the years that sometimes with a BB it's best not to update the software until everything is sorted out (for example, WiFi issues, etc).

Is it smart for me to hold off updating the software or should I go for it? The only major bug I can see thus far is that the fingerprint reader stopped working properly after a restart. I believe this was a bug a while ago that was fixed but I would easily trade that for WiFi issues, etc.

Thanks for everyone's thoughts. BTW, it's worth noting that my spacebar feels completely solid and frankly no different than the other keys - possibly because it's a more recent phone?!? I am also noticing that the phone feels top heavy when using it for an extended period of time (as many have reported in that the Key2 LE does not have this issue because of its lighter weight). I can also report that scrolling up/down via the keyboard is quite precise, which is great.
    Updates mostly contain security patches.
    Rico4you likes this.
    01-05-19 12:24 AM
    just do the updates....as said, most are security issues
    01-05-19 02:38 AM
    Thanks for everyone's feedback. Upon further consideration after trying it for the weekend and visiting a local Best Buy store to compare the Key2 (that I bought) to the Key2 LE on display, I am going to return the Key2 and buy the LE. This is due to the weight of the Key2, as it's very top heavy and I tend to use my phone for hours in a day and it's just not comfortable. Many people in the LE forums have mentioned this reason as why they switched and there is a big difference (surprisingly) would you hold both side-by-side. I am going to miss the capacitive and larger keyboard of the Key2 (it's surprisingly larger than the LE) but the weight challenge is just a non-starter for me. But I am looking forward to getting the LE!

Thanks again for everyone's feedback.
    01-06-19 01:21 AM
    I am looking forward to getting the LE!
    Update us after you've spent some time with the LE and let us know how you like it and your decision! Both devices are great!
    01-06-19 10:02 PM
    Update us after you've spent some time with the LE and let us know how you like it and your decision! Both devices are great!
    Will do. Ironically there is currently a bug that the latest update caused (for the LE) that causes issues receiving group MMS messages. So my current plan is to buy the LE but NOT update the software until that is fixed, as it's only broken in the latest software version. For now I am going to wait until TCL makes their Blackberry CES announcements (waiting to see if perhaps VZW will carry the LE directly) and then move forward with buying it. If VZW isn't carrying the LE directly then I will likely buy it on Amazon this week for receipt on Fri with the hope of getting it activated this weekend.

I will keep you posted...
    01-06-19 10:09 PM