I'm still waiting for the December update... 😓

Bob
    Same here, stuck on November.
    01-03-19 11:36 AM
    Trust me Bob, you are not missing anything with the December update. For me, it put the PKB bug on steroids and weakened WiFi again. I too am anxiously waiting for the January build. Cheers,
    You're missing out on updated camera firmware drivers, which are included in the December update.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-03-19 12:09 PM
    One step forward, two steps back for some of us, unfortunately.
    01-03-19 12:39 PM
    There has to be a method to the madness with regard as to why most KEY2's globally have received the December update and those of us here in the US with PRD 001 and 003 KEY2's have not. Interesting that the KEY2 PRD 002 here in the US received it a while ago based on reports.

No doubt there is a good reason why we have yet to receive the December update, or at least that is what I want to believe. So all we can do is patiently wait and have confidence in TCL/BBMo, that for whatever their reason is, it will ultimately be in our best interest when we do receive the next update.... which will undoubtedly be January... Hopefully... hahaha

Bob
    Last edited by Bob80220; 01-03-19 at 03:49 PM.
    01-03-19 01:03 PM
    can't wait for january update
    01-03-19 03:48 PM
    can't wait for january update
    What exactly are you looking forward to that's going to be part of the January update?
    01-03-19 04:50 PM
    That feeling of excitement after i get an update. Reminds me good old time. BB OS 10.1 to 10.2 etc...
    01-03-19 04:55 PM
    That feeling of excitement after i get an update. Reminds me good old time. BB OS 10.1 to 10.2 etc...
    Lolwut? I'm sorry, but 10.1 to 10.2 etc. were much bigger upgrades, that would be like going from Android 8 to 9. 10.1.1 to 10.1.2 is more like what the monthly Android updates are.
    01-03-19 05:28 PM
    Disagree. Monthly updates feels like small increments in BB OS10
    01-03-19 08:56 PM
    Are we the last 2 remaining KEY2 owners that have yet to receive the December update?

Bob
    Im still on November too. US Black 003
    01-03-19 11:22 PM
    i just bricked my phone. i tried using the mobile upgrade but it says my phone is on the latest version. darn. wouldnt it be possible to reflash with the same firmware...
    01-04-19 12:30 AM
    This might be a silly question, but...

When I had a Q10, the updates came direct from my network provider. But my network provider didn't offer the KEY2 so I bought my phone independently and then transferred my Sim across - so will I still be able to get any KEY2 updates?

Thanks
    01-04-19 03:54 AM
    This might be a silly question, but...

When I had a Q10, the updates came direct from my network provider. But my network provider didn't offer the KEY2 so I bought my phone independently and then transferred my Sim across - so will I still be able to get any KEY2 updates?

Thanks
    If there are no issues with the patch on certain varieties of the device, then you should get updates. Depending on IMEI, country of residence and which version of the device you have. Several threads in the forums make clear that there is no telling when and if this will happen though.
    Personally I have a KEY² LE (BBE100-4) bought in Germany, and I'm on the December patch.
    01-04-19 04:22 AM
    When??
    Judging by the timing of the last (December) update, in two months from now, i.e. middle March.
    01-04-19 05:24 AM
    BB 100-6 India, have an ABN088.
    And this disappointing me. Why they remove double tap on wake to launch camera?
    Nothing easy way to make this function back, there is no this point in settings. What the hell?
    i don't need to call emergency every time, when i wanna make a photo.
    01-09-19 04:15 AM
    BB 100-6 India, have an ABN088.
    And this disappointing me. Why they remove double tap on wake to launch camera?
    Nothing easy way to make this function back, there is no this point in settings. What the hell?
    i don't need to call emergency every time, when i wanna make a photo.
    Why are you asking this in the January update thread? Your software version is the December update...
    01-09-19 12:07 PM
    There has to be a method to the madness with regard as to why most KEY2's globally have received the December update and those of us here in the US with PRD 001 and 003 KEY2's have not. Interesting that the KEY2 PRD 002 here in the US received it a while ago based on reports.

No doubt there is a good reason why we have yet to receive the December update, or at least that is what I want to believe. So all we can do is patiently wait and have confidence in TCL/BBMo, that for whatever their reason is, it will ultimately be in our best interest when we do receive the next update.... which will undoubtedly be January... Hopefully... hahaha

Bob
    Here is a tidbit:

Out of 52 PRD's only 5 did not receive Dec. update: 2 in NA, 1 in Russia and 2 in Japan.

Can't really make anything of it though...
    01-09-19 06:21 PM
    Here is a tidbit:

Out of 52 PRD's only 5 did not receive Dec. update: 2 in NA, 1 in Russia and 2 in Japan.

Can't really make anything of it though...
    Interesting... it doesn't appear those of us who didn't receive the December update are missing out on anything based on reports from those who received the update.

Let's see what gets released this month... if anything.

Bob
    01-09-19 06:41 PM
    Interesting... it doesn't appear those of us who didn't receive the December update are missing out on anything based on reports from those who received the update.

Bob
    I would not expect anything this month given Jan Google bulletin wasn't released yet. Mid Feb is my estimate.
    01-09-19 06:43 PM

Bob
    BTW I am reading about more & more WiFi issues out there specifically after Dec update both on the K2 and the LE.

I have had this issue with my K1 and it can get pretty frustrating!

If that's the reason it's delayed then we are lucky!
    01-09-19 07:38 PM
    I would not expect anything this month given Jan Google bulletin wasn't released yet. Mid Feb is my estimate.
    I don't get all bent out of shape over not receiving monthly updates. I've been using BlackBerry devices for a very, very, long time so I'm well accustomed to the waiting game when it comes to "monthly updates."

I will patiently wait for the next update and hopefully it will have some software fixes/enhancements. Whether it be January or February I'm good with that... even March if it has software fixes... 👍

Bob
    01-09-19 07:44 PM
    BTW I am reading about more & more WiFi issues out there specifically after Dec update both on the K2 and the LE.

I have had this issue with my K1 and it can get pretty frustrating!

If that's the reason it's delayed then we are lucky!
    Definitely weakened WiFi connectivity on Dec. patch I'm afraid.
    01-09-19 11:29 PM
    Definitely weakened WiFi connectivity on Dec. patch I'm afraid.
    No problems with my BBE100-4 (LE) , qwertz version.
    Hopefully all will be well for everyone with january update. Read somewhere (think it was Android Central) that this one is being pushed to the Pixel 3 already.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-10-19 12:09 AM
    Why are you asking this in the January update thread? Your software version is the December update...
    sorry, really, didn't check it.
    01-10-19 03:07 AM
    anyone knows if flickering screen issue is gonna be fixed by the update?
    my k2 was just replaced with new one due to hardware issues but the problem with flickering screen persist
    01-10-19 03:19 AM
87 1234