...I had the choice to get the latest iPhone & Samsung as I was due an upgrade but - as tough as it was, given how good those phones are in terms of camera, etc - I need my physical keyboard & decided to shell out for the Red Key2 (My black Key2 has been dropped a few times & also giving it to a relative who wants one)

First impressions are that the keys are brighter in terms of the paint on them vs. the black edition & also the keys seem 'clickier'/more tactile, but probably just because it's new. Looking forward to this lasting me for another year and more!
    Attached Thumbnails I've made the jump and got a Red Key2...-1932324334.jpg  
    Bob80220, rarsen, the_boon and 2 others like this.
    11-23-19 12:27 PM
    K2 red looks good. Please let us know over time how the pkb behaves regarding the space bar and swipe up function of the predicted word's. Enjoy.
    11-23-19 11:45 PM
    Congrats on getting the newest and best Berry available!!

I owned this one before and only sold it because I was over the red finish, preferring silver.

But there is zero doubt that the Red Edition's keyboard has been refined compared to the early KEY2 builds.

I would (and have) made the same choice as you to go for this beast as opposed to an iSlab or Slabsung.
    OMGitsRLR-1 likes this.
    11-23-19 11:47 PM
    ...I had the choice to get the latest iPhone & Samsung as I was due an upgrade but - as tough as it was, given how good those phones are in terms of camera, etc - I need my physical keyboard & decided to shell out for the Red Key2 (My black Key2 has been dropped a few times & also giving it to a relative who wants one)

First impressions are that the keys are brighter in terms of the paint on them vs. the black edition & also the keys seem 'clickier'/more tactile, but probably just because it's new. Looking forward to this lasting me for another year and more!
    Just wanted to point out that the keys on the keyboard are actually transparent with the paint applied to the back side of the keys. Enjoy your phone!
    11-24-19 12:54 AM
    congrats, love this phone.
    OMGitsRLR-1 likes this.
    11-24-19 02:32 AM
    Are you going to run with a case for this bad boy or as is, naked? If getting a case would you get a clear one ?
    11-24-19 03:00 AM
    Just wanted to point out that the keys on the keyboard are actually transparent with the paint applied to the back side of the keys. Enjoy your phone!
    So the letters aren't painted on?
    11-24-19 03:05 AM
    K2 red looks good. Please let us know over time how the pkb behaves regarding the space bar and swipe up function of the predicted word's. Enjoy.
    Spacebar doesn't seem as 'loose' as previous Key2's I've had, and no issues with the random swipe up issues either. Keys feel more 'tactile' than previous, but likely because it's still quite new. All good so far.
    11-24-19 04:46 AM
    Oh really? They do look that little bit brighter compared to my Black one, especially at night/when it's Dark. Legit looked like their painted lol
    11-24-19 04:47 AM
    Are you going to run with a case for this bad boy or as is, naked? If getting a case would you get a clear one ?
    I've never needed cases with my Key devices, given they're built like bricks and not worried about dropping it & damaging the phone - my previous Key1 and Key2's went through some wars and still worked fine, if only slight chips to the corner of the frames.
    11-24-19 04:49 AM
    I've never needed cases with my Key devices, given they're built like bricks and not worried about dropping it & damaging the phone - my previous Key1 and Key2's went through some wars and still worked fine, if only slight chips to the corner of the frames.
    I regret not getting the k2 red now but as the price has gone up so high that I will just have to stick with the k2 black.
    11-24-19 05:23 AM
    Spacebar doesn't seem as 'loose' as previous Key2's I've had
    It doesn't seem "as loose" ?

It shouldn't be loose at all if it's a red one, should feel rock solid as the other keys.

You may not need a case but they sure do need a tempered glass screen protector just like every single other phone out there which has a glass panel
    11-24-19 11:28 AM
    It doesn't seem "as loose" ?

It shouldn't be loose at all if it's a red one, should feel rock solid as the other keys.

You may not need a case but they sure do need a tempered glass screen protector just like every single other phone out there which has a glass panel
    My previous Key2's over the year (I had a Silver one when it first came out, then had issue with the Spacebar not working) and my Black one (I got at the start of the year) both had it wobbly/loose, like you wouldn't have to press it but rather lightly touch it and it would move, but didn't really bother me, to be honest, but can imagine it will be annoying for some.
    11-24-19 12:19 PM
    So the letters aren't painted on?
    I've heard that is so but will try find out more.
    11-24-19 02:03 PM
    I've heard that is so but will try find out more.
    Well after looking at the Passport, the Keyone and the KeyTwo I surmise the following (my best guess anyway!). In all three the keys themselves are clear plastic, they would have to be to allow the backlight to light up the letters.

The Passport and the KeyTwo have a tape applied over the keys which has the letters and symbols incorporated whereas it certainly appears that the KeyOne has the tape applied to the back of the keys.

Please feel to correct me if anybody has better info.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    11-24-19 04:31 PM

Congrats....a solid phone.
    OMGitsRLR-1 likes this.
    11-24-19 04:53 PM

Congratulations! I like the fact that the red KEY2 has better specs than the silver. I thought of getting one when my KEYone was in for repair, but I went over to using my PRIV till it came back. Right then the red KEY2 was available in the US. I ended up getting a KEY2 silver. I now have 2 silver ones because the first one, which I bought used, had some issues with connecting to the carrier. I would have bought new but they weren't available at the time in the US. It worked again after there was a software update. The 2nd one is great.
    11-28-19 10:47 AM

I'm sorry. My condolences to you.
    11-28-19 11:00 AM
    Lol why?

He knew his options and chose what he thought he would enjoy using more.
    OMGitsRLR-1 likes this.
    11-28-19 11:22 AM
    Secretly wishing you had a red KEY2 as well...? Otherwise, why would you be lurking around in this thread.
    OMGitsRLR-1 and the_boon like this.
    11-28-19 12:00 PM
    Secretly wishing you had a red KEY2 as well...? Otherwise, why would you be lurking around in this thread.
    No, I've had every Blackberry device since 2002. I've returned every pile of garbage since 2017.
    11-28-19 12:01 PM
    Oh for sure. Why else lurk around here if one has zero attraction to BB's ?

I have 0.00% desire for an iPhone (well, except for an SE with Typo PKB case) so I can't think of any reason why I'd go over to iMore forums.
    11-28-19 12:06 PM
    No, I've had every Blackberry device since 2002. I've returned every pile of garbage since 2017.
    Well, each to their own! A device that fits my needs exactly, superb battery life & looks pretty damn cool after a few days of use. Thanks for the condolences too!
    the_boon likes this.
    11-28-19 12:38 PM
    In the infamous lyrics from the Gin Blossoms, Hey Jealousy....
    11-28-19 08:41 PM
    In the infamous lyrics from the Gin Blossoms, Hey Jealousy....
    11-29-19 08:58 AM
33 12