07-08-18 08:16 PM
74 123
tools
    The more reviews I read and the more I read on here the more weary I become about getting this phone at launch.

Space bar issues, Bluetooth disconnects, sound issues and screen color distortions, who knows what else.

Hopefully they will rectify this situation with a second batch. May wait until they drop in price after the market dictates sales.
    Last edited by Marcin Dabrowsky; 06-30-18 at 10:54 PM.
    06-30-18 11:39 AM
    The more reviews I read and the more I read on here the more weary I become about getting this phone at launch.

Space bar issues, Bluetooth disconnects, sound issues and screen color distortions, who knows what else.

Hopefully they will rectify this situation with a second batch. May wait until they do in price after the market dictates sales.
    Hehe, wait for the deniers. THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH KEY2. You imagining stuff, nobody is right etc... You not alone, I was considering placing the order but after reading all this I am no longer sure. For the price I would expect much, much more... maybe product that is actually ready for the market not the alpha piece of garbage. Maybe next time...
    06-30-18 11:44 AM
    I was considering it but have decided against it. Seems there are some issues. There are better options on the market for the money.
    phuoc, nonamenomore and pdr733 like this.
    06-30-18 11:59 AM
    What concerns me is the number of people saying that their KEYone feels like the better phone. Better camera, no dodgy space bar etc.
    06-30-18 12:00 PM
    There is always a risk for buying the first batch. I'll also wait for revision model.
    phuoc and pdr733 like this.
    06-30-18 12:30 PM
    I have the Key2 and did own a Keyone , in my humble opinion , the Key2 is in another league
    looks way better , keyboard way better, even call quality is in another league , lastly the Key2 does not lag 👍
    06-30-18 12:32 PM
    US pre-orders are maybe not yet manufactured. They will be shipped on 7/13, there's a chance they can fix it by then. Am I too optimistic here?
    phuoc likes this.
    06-30-18 12:34 PM
    Key 2 is definitely the better phone.
    simon williams4, phuoc and SDTRMG like this.
    06-30-18 12:51 PM
    The camera reviews for the Two have definitely turned me off.
    There is no excuse in this day and age.
    melhiore, phuoc, krazyatom and 7 others like this.
    06-30-18 12:57 PM
    I considered cancelling too. But I can't live with my K1 any longer (cracked screen + lag). So I am keeping my pre-order and just do a warranty exchange if mine has issues. I had to do a warranty exchange on my K1, and it was a pretty painless process.
    phuoc and krazyatom like this.
    06-30-18 12:58 PM
    TCL should make a statement to avoid returns and the doubts people are having. This is where blackberry fails.
    06-30-18 01:12 PM
    Think again! Every day without a KEY2 is a lost day.
    philan likes this.
    06-30-18 04:06 PM
    TCL should make a statement to avoid returns and the doubts people are having. This is where blackberry fails.
    In China, ppl cannot return the unit if the phone has been activated.

And I have decided to wait for longer or not going to buy this time. My KEYone is still good. And I do not experience lag as other ppl reported.
    06-30-18 04:13 PM
    I was going to hold out to see if they will have both Black and Silver on display at a nearby Best Buy. I keep going back and forth between the two colors.

So far, the only issue that gives me pause is the loose space bar. Hardware issues cannot be fixed as easily as software.

I'm not so bothered by clicking, I tend to like feedback but the looseness would drive me nuts if it's real.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    06-30-18 04:41 PM
    risk it for the biscuit
    06-30-18 05:10 PM
    that's what is holding me from buy it right now.
    I dont care so much about the space bar sound, but for this " loose"
    06-30-18 05:18 PM
    I was considering it but have decided against it. Seems there are some issues. There are better options on the market for the money.
    $648 out of pocket, all up all in, got me a Samsung Galaxy S9+.

It's a stunningly good phone. I'm so sorry I tolerated my K1 for a year, and I'm fortunate that the screen finally detached right as I was driving toward Costco on a Saturday morning a few weeks *before* the K2 came out. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the S9+; I would have gotten a K2, and probably never known how good a $650 phone can really be (Samsung).
    06-30-18 06:38 PM

It's a stunningly good phone. I'm so sorry I tolerated my K1 for a year, and I'm fortunate that the screen finally detached right as I was driving toward Costco on a Saturday morning a few weeks *before* the K2 came out. Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten the S9+; I would have gotten a K2, and probably never known how good a $650 phone can really be (Samsung).
    If a person does not want to type on glass, not even a FREE S9+ will do. How hard is it to understand.
    06-30-18 07:59 PM
    There is nothing wrong with the key²!
    06-30-18 08:43 PM

I got an LG G7 for $450 and it's not good as S9+ but for the money it's worth every penny. I really like PKB but not sure it's worth $650.
    blackberry4life79 likes this.
    06-30-18 09:28 PM
    I'm currently using a k1 black and a Huawei mate 10.

K1 is awesome for typing. The Leica camera on the mate 10 is incredible though. Especially in pro mode.
    06-30-18 10:56 PM
    If a person does not want to type on glass, not even a FREE S9+ will do. How hard is it to understand.
    If the phone flat-out doesn't work, not even a PKB has any function. How hard is it to understand.
    krazyatom, melhiore and pdr733 like this.
    06-30-18 11:14 PM
    I'm currently using a k1 black and a Huawei mate 10.

K1 is awesome for typing. The Leica camera on the mate 10 is incredible though. Especially in pro mode.
    Contemplated getting a KEYone on many occasions yet always held off. Then came along the Motion and I jumped on it. After 8 months of use there's zero regrets, exceeded my expectations by a wide margin (camera not withstanding although it suffices).

The KEY2 now looked to be it but the slight delay of its launch gave me too much time to think. Put it aside and got the Huawei P20 Pro instead. After reading some of these stories glad I had changed my mind - yeah we know it's in the early stages but the questioning of camera has me wondering if, AGAIN, TCL decided to cut corners, like on the Motion. And like on the Motion good luck expecting them to issue any sort of "fix" for the camera, at least on the short term level - if issues with something takes longer than a months or two to address then IMO it's unlikely to happen.
    Last edited by Elky64; 07-01-18 at 12:16 AM.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    06-30-18 11:37 PM
    There is always a risk for buying the first batch. I'll also wait for revision model.
    There is a term we use for buyers like you..laggers. I’m all in the first batch. Live life on the edge my friend!
    06-30-18 11:40 PM
    There is a term we use for buyers like you..laggers. I’m all in the first batch. Live life on the edge my friend!
    At the end, we both support them lol. Glad to see that you're first batch tester.
    Carjackd and BerryRipe like this.
    06-30-18 11:46 PM
74 123