My KEY2 arrived! It's functioning perfectly so far with a build date of October 2019. The picture doesn't mean do this phone justice. If it's the last BlackBerry, it's a stunning one.

Quick question, how do I disable the vibrate after both long press shortcuts and unlocking the phone with the spacebar/fingerprint reader? It was a lot more subtle with the KEYone so I never bothered to look for this setting.
    Attached Thumbnails It's here! vibration on long press?-9941.jpg  
    the_boon and pgg101 like this.
    01-25-20 06:44 AM
    I don't think it's possible to turn off vibration for shortcuts and fingerprint access.

I find it very useful tho, you can do a long shortcut without looking at your phone- the vibration tells you the shortcut has been activated. Same with the fingerprint, unlock without looking, I find it great.
    01-25-20 07:00 AM
    My KEY2 arrived! It's functioning perfectly so far with a build date of October 2019. The picture doesn't mean do this phone justice. If it's the last BlackBerry, it's a stunning one.

Quick question, how do I disable the vibrate after both long press shortcuts and unlocking the phone with the spacebar/fingerprint reader? It was a lot more subtle with the KEYone so I never bothered to look for this setting.
    Very nice. Where did you buy it?
    01-25-20 07:37 AM
    Enjoy it! It is indeed a magnificent unboxing experience!
    01-25-20 07:42 AM
    Yes it is a stunning looking blackberry branded device. ;-)

Posted via my beautiful priv
    ( a real blackberry)
    01-25-20 10:31 AM
    Very nice. Where did you buy it?
    Ebay
    01-25-20 10:47 AM
    battery saver disables vibrate...
    01-25-20 04:36 PM
    Congrats on your new Red KEY2!!

So @Troy Tiscareno , still think BBMo is reflashing "old stock" ?

This is a Red 2, there is no "unsold inventory" of these, so how do you explain this?

Between this one and the October 2019 LE of the other thread, it's safe to say that BBMo has built devices as recently as last October!

Now this doesn't mean that we'll get a KEY3, but it also doesn't mean that all production stopped back in March/April with the original run of Reds.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    01-25-20 07:15 PM
    how much did you pay for this if you don't mind me asking
    01-25-20 07:21 PM

By the way, could you post a screenshot or photo of the MMI screen that shows the build date?
    01-25-20 08:04 PM

This is a Red 2, there is no "unsold inventory" of these, so how do you explain this?

Between this one and the October 2019 LE of the other thread, it's safe to say that BBMo has built devices as recently as last October!

Now this doesn't mean that we'll get a KEY3, but it also doesn't mean that all production stopped back in March/April with the original run of Reds.
    Based on the most recent terrible sales numbers, Yes! This could still be an old stock.
    01-25-20 08:13 PM
    Based on the most recent terrible sales numbers, Yes! This could still be an old stock.
    You missed my point.

No, the Red KEY2 pretty much sold out everywhere. There is zero chance this is old reflashed stock.
    01-25-20 08:18 PM
    how much did you pay for this if you don't mind me asking
    $1039 before taxes. Definitely paid a premium but I think it's worth it. Also financed it through PayPal for 24 months with no interest so it's doable. I had my KEYone for 2.5 years, so hopefully this one goes the distance. Only concern is the spacebar acting up at some point down the road, but I hear red ones aren't as likely. It definitely has a different "click" sound compared to the other keys though, and a slight wobble. Doesn't bother me as long as it always works!
    the_boon likes this.
    01-26-20 10:15 AM
    $1039 before taxes. Definitely paid a premium but I think it's worth it. Also financed it through PayPal for 24 months with no interest so it's doable. I had my KEYone for 2.5 years, so hopefully this one goes the distance. Only concern is the spacebar acting up at some point down the road, but I hear red ones aren't as likely. It definitely has a different "click" sound compared to the other keys though, and a slight wobble. Doesn't bother me as long as it always works!
    Some here would like to see a screenshot or a photo of the build date in the MMI test
    01-26-20 10:55 AM
    Is this the Dual sim model? or the NA model which I'm assuming is only single sim?

From what I understand there are two PRD's for the Red Keytwo?
    01-26-20 05:37 PM

Absolutely. Retailers return stock all the time (and BB had actually recalled unsold stock from their major retailers), and sometimes there are stragglers returning that old stock. We aren't talking about 10,000 phones here, but maybe a half-dozen. All this is normal, routine procedure for manufacturers of complex products like this.

Keep in mind too that we're at the very, very end here. It's also possible that this phone was recently assembled as more hold-back repair-parts stock was released. All kinds of weird stuff happens as things get closed down, and people find an extra box of parts or phones on a back shelf somewhere and someone says "ship it out - we need the cash!"

In a couple of months, it's not likely to matter anyway - the cupboard will be bare.
    01-26-20 08:43 PM
    Absolutely. Retailers return stock all the time (and BB had actually recalled unsold stock from their major retailers).
    And you know this because...

You work for TCL ?
    01-26-20 08:49 PM
    And you know this because...

You work for TCL ?
    Or because I understand how manufacturing works, have friends that work in tech for Apple, Google, Facebook, and others, and two of them work closely with smartphone manufacturing, and that my own company installs security cameras in manufacturing factories (not specifically for smartphones, granted) and I have asked lots of questions with all of those people over the years. I also do a fair share of reading about the smartphone industry, and have for the last 20 years (since Palm and WinCE devices like the iPaQ.) Oh, and before that, I spent a lot of time learning about consumer electronics like cassette decks, CD players, VCRs, and stuff like that, including a lot about manufacturing (including using the same motherboard for several different devices, with some being partially populated for cheaper models and fully populated for more advanced models - and/or the same parts being used in different brands of equipment).

I can tell the difference - by sight - between a Sony and a Phillips laser tracking mechanism on CD/DVD players, or between a JVC, Sony, or Panasonic VCR mechanism. The point being: I've been learning about this stuff for a very long time.

You might find it interesting that I posted here my belief that the Red phones were made with replacement parts released from spare-parts holdbacks - only to have someone who had talked with a TCL insider mention EXACTLY THAT about 10 days later. Was I psychic, or is that just a common industry practice that I happened to know about and simply applied to this situation? You decide.
    01-26-20 09:18 PM
    Dual sim model (-6). The USA models listed (-2) were either priced even higher (think $1700ish) or open box units. I wanted that new phone feeling and the -6 model is working fine for me on T-Mobile. YMMV.
    chetmanley likes this.
    01-27-20 11:07 AM
    By the way, could you post a screenshot or photo of the MMI screen that shows the build date?
    Here is the requested screenshot. Sorry for the delay. Build date Oct 6, 2019.
    Attached Thumbnails It's here! vibration on long press?-14412.jpg  
    Bob80220 likes this.
    02-02-20 09:50 AM
    Here is the requested screenshot. Sorry for the delay. Build date Oct 6, 2019.
    I need one of these Black KEY2's!

How's the spacebar? Firm?
    02-02-20 11:05 AM
    I need one of these Black KEY2's!

How's the spacebar? Firm?
    I wouldn't call it "firm" by any means, but it works as it should. Brushing my finger over it does result in a slight "click" noise that is not present on the other keys, and it clicks louder/higher pitched than the others as well. But no missed keypresses of any kind. Based on what I have read, most KEY2 space bars have different clicky noises so I'm not concerned unless it stops functioning down the road. Fingers crossed.
    02-02-20 11:54 AM
    I wouldn't call it "firm" by any means, but it works as it should. Brushing my finger over it does result in a slight "click" noise that is not present on the other keys, and it clicks louder/higher pitched than the others as well. But no missed keypresses of any kind. Based on what I have read, most KEY2 space bars have different clicky noises so I'm not concerned unless it stops functioning down the road. Fingers crossed.
    Does it move at all if you place your thumb on it and try to move it up/down or left/right?

Because usually, everyone who's had a March 2019 or later KEY2 reported that the spacebar felt super firm.

Either way, it should be reliable and have no missed clicks
    02-02-20 11:58 AM
    Does it move at all if you place your thumb on it and try to move it up/down or left/right?

Because usually, everyone who's had a March 2019 or later KEY2 reported that the spacebar felt super firm.

Either way, it should be reliable and have no missed clicks
    Up/down has a slight wobble and a clicky noise. Left/right has no noticeable wobble but still produces a slight clicky noise.
    02-02-20 12:00 PM