Yeah, if you already own an LE lol
    Oooo I do already own an LE. Can you tell me more or share a link that confirms this? It appears to work on every band the LE does.
    02-27-19 11:18 AM
    No more complaints that the Red is too expensive. Pre-order and save 10%
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-27-19 12:23 PM
    Oooo I do already own an LE. Can you tell me more or share a link that confirms this? It appears to work on every band the LE does.
    There are threads here detailing how to do this. I never done it personally as I don't have Verizon.
    02-27-19 12:43 PM
    No more complaints that the Red is too expensive. Pre-order and save 10%
    Hmm, not bad. That means the phone should come out to $675, excluding shipping.
    02-27-19 12:43 PM
    Maybe it was more about having something to say at MWC, than any revenue generated by device sales.

Premium for a RED KEY2 is much lower than the Porsche Designed devices that used the same old internals...
    02-27-19 01:55 PM
    Premium for a RED KEY2 is much lower than the Porsche Designed devices that used the same old internals...
    That is true, but then the Porsche Design models had entire body modified. The RED KEY2 is just that, a red colored KEY2.
    Unlike the PD, no special branding, no different colored/shaped keys etc...
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-27-19 02:06 PM
    Maybe it was more about having something to say at MWC, than any revenue generated by device sales.

It is the Dual Sim model, isn't it? Its the best variant in that georgeous red. Holding out for Q3 and Q4. If nothing then jingle bells. I LOVE my Atomic Key2 LE.
    02-27-19 07:30 PM
    Just I think, Actually, they can do anything they want. .. I hope that is not signal that Key3 will over €900
    02-28-19 07:06 AM
    Just I think, Actually, they can do anything they want. .. I hope that is not signal that Key3 will over €900
    If's it 5G and has a foldable screen like some here won't... "over" won't come close to describing it. But that would be a PRO model.... BBMo is aware of what price points they need to hit.
    02-28-19 07:15 AM
    If's it 5G and has a foldable screen like some here won't... "over" won't come close to describing it. But that would be a PRO model.... BBMo is aware of what price points they need to hit.
    Don’t think Key3 will be folding....
    02-28-19 08:38 AM

But only wanting to say something at MWC is dumb. Or did you think manufacturers could register for free? MWC costs money, not only for attendees, but also for companies wanting to represent themselves.
    02-28-19 12:06 PM
    But only wanting to say something at MWC is dumb. Or did you think manufacturers could register for free? MWC costs money, not only for attendees, but also for companies wanting to represent themselves.
    Sure it cost money... all "marketing" does.

Better to show up and talk and show off a old phone with a color change that everyone rags (most sites that reported on it had "something" to say) you about it, then to be out of sight and out of mind.
    02-28-19 01:29 PM
    Sure it cost money... all "marketing" does.

Better to show up and talk and show off a old phone with a color change that everyone rags (most sites that reported on it had "something" to say) you about it, then to be out of sight and out of mind.
    I disagree. Maybe if they had made it Red like the Passport Red, but not the Red-ish that it really is.
    02-28-19 01:54 PM
    I disagree. Maybe if they had made it Red like the Passport Red, but not the Red-ish that it really is.
    I agree they could have done a better job of it!
    I agree they could have priced it the same, or at least original MSRP!

I was just suggesting that maybe device sales was not the purpose.... so maybe they don't care if it sells well or is received well. Got people to talk about BlackBerry for another 5 minutes... Pricing it high might have gotten them more "talk" than if it had been prices same as the KEY2 today.

But who knows....
    TgeekB likes this.
    02-28-19 02:23 PM
    TCL was already going to show off their foldable prototype and new bottom of the barrel Alcatels, whatever additional expense showing off a "new" BlackBerry would have incurred would be offset by only spending $8 on the paintjob and selling it at markup.
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-02-19 06:07 AM
    TCL was already going to show off their foldable prototype and new bottom of the barrel Alcatels, whatever additional expense showing off a "new" BlackBerry would have incurred would be offset by only spending $8 on the paintjob and selling it at markup.
    Eh, scheduling time to announce it also costs money and MWC ain't cheap.
    03-02-19 10:50 AM
    Eh, scheduling time to announce it also costs money and MWC ain't cheap.
    Maybe next time Chen can pay from part of his money....
    03-02-19 10:52 AM
    They are drunk if they think anyone will pay $750 for this device...
    But they're sold out the last time I checked.
    03-02-19 11:28 AM
    Exactly!

I don't know why people assume that everyone else thinks and acts just like them. If that were true, there would only be a single phone at a single price available in the marketplace.

Companies price products with specific sales and revenue volumes in mind. The mobile phone market is very well established, so there's little guesswork involved in pricing something as simple as a color change for a product that has been out for months.

It's a safe bet that the BlackBerry Mobile team is going to achieve whatever goals they set with the Atomic Red KEY2 at its initial price, and they will reduce the price if they don't.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    TgeekB likes this.
    03-02-19 12:58 PM
    The Black KEY2 has been sold out for weeks in my country, does that mean everyone bought a Black KEY2? I've yet to see any BlackBerry that's not an OS7 model in the wild.

So no, stock sold out doesn't say anything about actual sales.
    03-02-19 04:41 PM
    Maybe next time Chen can pay from part of his money....
    Wrong executive and company at this point if you’re talking BBMo and TCL hardware at MWC or did I miss something?
    03-02-19 06:27 PM
    The Black KEY2 has been sold out for weeks in my country, does that mean everyone bought a Black KEY2? I've yet to see any BlackBerry that's not an OS7 model in the wild.

So no, stock sold out doesn't say anything about actual sales.
    A stock out generally means that sales through that channel exceeded somebody's forecast. If it's a retailer, then it was the retailer's forecast. If it's a factory direct product, then it's the manufacturer's forecast.

If BlackBerry Mobile sells out of their KEY2 stock, that's the most sales they could have hoped for.

Byrese likes this.
    03-03-19 01:20 AM
    I wonder if we'll get the dual sim version in Canada?
    03-03-19 01:54 AM
    A stock out generally means that sales through that channel exceeded somebody's forecast. If it's a retailer, then it was the retailer's forecast. If it's a factory direct product, then it's the manufacturer's forecast.

If BlackBerry Mobile sells out of their KEY2 stock, that's the most sales they could have hoped for.

According to this particular retailer, it hasn't sold well at all after the first few weeks, so...
    03-03-19 05:25 AM
    it is not for man. it is for women
    03-03-19 05:45 AM
225 ... 6789