Anyone had any issues messaging BBMe iphone users today?

2 of my bbm contacts are iphone users, never had any issues but as of about 4pm today messages werent going through. One of them had to open the app and every time he opens it they go through, but if he opens another app, they stop going through.

Never had any issues before.

anyone else?
    01-15-20 09:27 PM
    Maybe not relevant to your question and not sure you've heard but I think there was an update to iOS users for the BBMe app yesterday. Maybe related?
    01-15-20 09:35 PM
    Something could be up. Earlier I opened BBMe and I watch the unread message counter roll up. That’s not usual.

Update yesterday may have impacted something. In all fairness, on iOS, not uncommon to open app just to see a message that says “connecting” as if glitched and disconnected
    01-15-20 09:39 PM
    do u use iOS? or was this happening on android?

I updated yesterday as well on my key2.

Should I tell the iphone users to update?
    01-15-20 09:49 PM
    do u use iOS? or was this happening on android?

I updated yesterday as well on my key2.

Should I tell the iphone users to update?
    I only use on iOS and I always update. BBMe on iOS has always been little glitchy

BBMe and iOS aren’t exclusively troubled. Updates overall are good
    01-15-20 09:59 PM
    Anyone had any issues messaging BBMe iphone users today?
    I was experiencing issues with messages not being delivered to iPhone users starting Tuesday and continuing into Wednesday. Messages would show the check mark but not the "D" for delivered. Eventually all my sent messages were showing "R" yesterday and all is good now. I can only assume it had something to do with the BBMe update that was released on Tuesday.

Edit: This issue only affected iPhone users

Bob
    01-16-20 07:39 AM
    Use the "Report Problem" button inside the app so they can fix it.
    01-16-20 08:20 AM
    I am noticing that voice notes from certain contacts are playing at about 2x normal speed. This makes them just about indistinguishable and they sound incredibly flakey. Anyone else?
    A Noise Annoys likes this.
    01-16-20 08:23 AM
    BBMe always has issues. Biggest one is delayed delivery times. We switched our entire team to WhatsApp.
    01-17-20 11:09 AM
    BBMe always has issues. Biggest one is delayed delivery times. We switched our entire team to WhatsApp.
    The longest I've seen a message delayed is about one minute - and it's not like WhatsApp doesn't have these types of delays either.
    01-18-20 06:02 AM
    I am noticing that voice notes from certain contacts are playing at about 2x normal speed. This makes them just about indistinguishable and they sound incredibly flakey. Anyone else?
    I'm having the same issue ever since the update, not just with received VMs, but ones I've sent myself to ALL contacts except those on BB10 BBM. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling to no avail, all it does is inform my contacts that I've updated my security keys
    01-18-20 06:32 AM
    I'm having the same issue ever since the update, not just with received VMs, but ones I've sent myself to ALL contacts except those on BB10 BBM. I've tried deleting the app and reinstalling to no avail, all it does is inform my contacts that I've updated my security keys
    Are you by chance using a Samsung device? I've only noticed the voice note issue from Samsungs that have the latest update - my outgoing are all fine.
    About the security keys notifications, I find those more annoying than anything else.
    01-18-20 06:36 AM
    Are you by chance using a Samsung device? I've only noticed the voice note issue from Samsungs that have the latest update - my outgoing are all fine.
    About the security keys notifications, I find those more annoying than anything else.
    I am: Samsung S10+, Android 10 with December (?) update. But having said that, all of those who have used VM with me are affected too, and their all over the map with devices and OSes. The only ones it seem not to have affected is BB10
    01-18-20 06:45 AM
    I am: Samsung S10+, Android 10 with December (?) update. But having said that, all of those who have used VM with me are affected too, and their all over the map with devices and OSes. The only ones it seem not to have affected is BB10
    @Denis Fedotenko are you guys aware of the issue?
    01-18-20 06:49 AM
    @Denis Fedotenko are you guys aware of the issue?
    Did you use the "Report Problem" inside the app ?
    01-18-20 07:06 AM
    Did you use the "Report Problem" inside the app ?
    Yes, I have.
    01-18-20 07:13 AM
    The longest I've seen a message delayed is about one minute - and it's not like WhatsApp doesn't have these types of delays either.
    BBMe has connection, delivery and notification issues on iOS and not sure why. The last update seems to have brought these issues back to iOS version. It seems like these issues go back to BBM for iOS that BB created for iOS, continued with Emtek and still persist with BB again.

It’s as if some tweaking on the servers eventually fix the problem as it doesn’t seem to be the app itself. As soon as I open the app, I can watch the messages roll in on the counter. Latency issue maybe?
    01-18-20 07:51 AM
    I work in a business where every second counts. We haven't had similar length delays on WhatsApp.
    01-18-20 08:48 AM
    I work in a business where every second counts. We haven't had similar length delays on WhatsApp.
    Understood. Messages usually deliver within a second for me - a minute is an anomaly. I also don't message iOS users every day for that matter.
    01-18-20 09:05 AM
    I was going to ask if you’re a first responder but I know you’re in media production so the dramatic flair is still acceptable
    01-18-20 09:08 AM
    I work in business too but closed our WhatsApp accounts because of the amount of errors, including delayed delivery, that were occuring. BBMe has been pretty much perfect up until now (see above in this thread), and it's been far more reliable than any of the other alternatives we've tried.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    01-18-20 09:09 AM
    BBMe has connection, delivery and notification issues on iOS and not sure why. The last update seems to have brought these issues back to iOS version. It seems like these issues go back to BBM for iOS that BB created for iOS, continued with Emtek and still persist with BB again.

It’s as if some tweaking on the servers eventually fix the problem as it doesn’t seem to be the app itself. As soon as I open the app, I can watch the messages roll in on the counter. Latency issue maybe?
    I have the latest update. I haven’t seen the source code but having worked with many iOS developers and many apps, I’m pretty sure they have not implemented background notifications and processing correctly.

Because there are so few users, and we only hear of a fraction of those here, it will present as random. But I think the architecture of the iOS app wrt background activity is fundamentally wrong. It feels like they may have patched it here and there but that is usually unreliable.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-18-20 09:12 AM
    I work in business too but closed our WhatsApp accounts because of the amount of errors, including delayed delivery, that were occuring. BBMe has been pretty much perfect up until now (see above in this thread), and it's been far more reliable than any of the other alternatives we've tried.
    We used to use BBM, and then BBMe, to coordinate second to second movements for live events. Am doing another one today and we are on WhatsApp instead. Last week, someone almost missed a cue due to a delayed BBMe message.
    Last edited by joshualebowitz; 01-18-20 at 10:42 AM. Reason: Typo
    01-18-20 10:39 AM
    We used to use BBM, and then BBMe, to coordinate second to second movements for live events. Am doing another one today and we are on WhatsApp instead. Last week, someone almost missed a cue due to a delayed BBMe message.
    Never had a substantial delay on BBMe, the only delays I can think of is between BBMe and BBM10 BBM and even that's about 10 seconds or so. I guess carriers can come into play with this sort of thing
    01-18-20 10:52 AM
    This specific issue has been resolved with version 1.10.0.16 today. Good work dev team!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-27-20 05:08 PM
27 12