Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Hi everyone. For some reason when playing music that has even the smallest amount of bass in the song itself, the music begins to static terribly. I first noticed the issue when using the auxiliary cord with the Key 2 in my car for the first time so I decided to try using the original BlackBerry earbuds that came with the Key2, and I also tried a pair of Huawei earbuds and the music still statics. I even tried different songs and apps including YouTube and SoundCloud but the static still persists. I tried all of the same methods on my One Plus 3 that I recently switched from but there is no static at all. I received the Key 2 (silver color) this past Saturday from Best Buy if that makes any difference. I'm hoping I won't have to return this one because I really do love this phone!๐Ÿ˜” If anyone has any suggestions that'll help I'd truly appreciate it.
    07-25-18 09:32 PM
    Could try cleaning the jack with a Q-Tip and a little electronic cleaning fluid...

Have you installed an apps that might affect sound? Might do a factory reset and test it without anything added. Is it all sounds... played with any app?

Haven't seen this issue, so it's probable not something that a software patch is going to fix... most likely you'll have to get it swapped out. Based on the other couple of comments, I'd return it for a new one.
    Last edited by Dunt Dunt Dunt; 07-26-18 at 01:49 PM.
    MizzezJonezee likes this.
    07-26-18 08:02 AM
    Hi everyone. For some reason when playing music that has even the smallest amount of bass in the song itself, the music begins to static terribly. I first noticed the issue when using the auxiliary cord with the Key 2 in my car for the first time so I decided to try using the original BlackBerry earbuds that came with the Key2, and I also tried a pair of Huawei earbuds and the music still statics. I even tried different songs and apps including YouTube and SoundCloud but the static still persists. I tried all of the same methods on my One Plus 3 that I recently switched from but there is no static at all. I received the Key 2 (silver color) this past Saturday from Best Buy if that makes any difference. I'm hoping I won't have to return this one because I really do love this phone!๐Ÿ˜” If anyone has any suggestions that'll help I'd truly appreciate it.
    I have the same issue, noticed it from day one but didn't return my device yet. Still waiting to see if a software update can fix it
    07-26-18 08:31 AM
    I had the same problem. Since that was not the only one I had to return mine.
    07-26-18 11:34 AM
    sorry to hear this, mine has incredible sound quality, better than my Pixel 2
    07-26-18 03:38 PM
    Could try cleaning the jack with a Q-Tip and a little electronic cleaning fluid...

Have you installed an apps that might affect sound? Might do a factory reset and test it without anything added. Is it all sounds... played with any app?

Haven't seen this issue, so it's probable not something that a software patch is going to fix... most likely you'll have to get it swapped out. Based on the other couple of comments, I'd return it for a new one.
    Yes I tried cleaning it out and I didn't have any apps installed on it yet. And yes it's with all sounds played with any apps. I also used the Bluetooth for the first time last night to test out the sound and the static was still there so it's definitely the phone itself. I ended up returning the Key 2 this morning because I became tired of fiddling around with it. I'm so glad I didn't get rid of my One+3 right away! Even with all the frustration the Key 2 caused, I'll definitely purchase the Key 2 again in a few months. I really do miss the device ๐Ÿ˜ข and hopefully soon, Blackberry has the majority of the issues fixed, within the next few batches of production. ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ
    07-26-18 04:02 PM
    I have the same issue, noticed it from day one but didn't return my device yet. Still waiting to see if a software update can fix it
    I doubt my Key 2 specifically was a software issue. I'll just wait a few more months to purchase again. I'm tired of Blackberry using their customers as guinea pigs after the first couple months of any new release of their devices. Unfortunately, I read that other customers are having all kinds of issues with their Key 2 as well.
    07-26-18 04:06 PM
    I only notice this because I usually use an iPhone X to play music in my car with the aux cord (using that stupid dongle haha). The KEYone had this same issue, where I could always hear a static of sorts, especially after one song had stopped and it was silent while I was picking another.

I have no idea why this happens, as I know it's not the cord because the iPhone plays music without this sound. I might not even notice this had I not been used to playing music through the iPhone. It's annoying for sure, especially for most people that probably don't want to have two phones.
    07-26-18 04:07 PM
    I bought my KEY2 yesterday, plugged in my headphones this morning and a couple crackles and then nothing. Headphone jack is dead, even with know good headphones from my KEYone.

I suspect that there are many others out there unaware of the issue because they never tried them. Best to try them now, before your warranty/return period runs out. I guess I can't exchange the phone, so I'll have to return it and get another one.
    09-17-18 08:33 AM