I thought the same last week when the update arrived. Unfortunately this Monday (after 2-3 days) the phone has started to experience the same issues:
    - wifi connecting -> "saved" state or
    - wifi connecting -> "connected, no internet" state.

The only workaround was to restart my phone.

All the other 10 devices I have used in my home for the last 2-3 years have never experienced any issue connecting to my wifi network.

Not to mention this issue is present both home and at work - different routers, wifi, setups, etc.

And I'm not using WEP, just to be clear.

Workarounds like Hidden SSID and no password are jokes.

Wish you good luck
    12-25-18 09:38 AM
    Same here, not solved with december update
    12-25-18 11:01 AM
    Same here, not solved with december update
    Sad to read this. Am sure some here will pop up and try to explain all is right and it is due to our systems... a pity to have so much apologetic behavior towards something that is as basic as this: connecting to a wifi network.
    12-25-18 11:52 AM
    the question is. is it a problem of the device or a problem of the router?, i think the first one and bb doesnt fix it. why do People buy this device at this moment with this problem?
    Connect fine to both so i thi nk its yer router settings or firewall settings. Try turning off firewall first, then troubleshoot the channels. Make sure you have the correct security features set and thats its broadcasting properly!
    12-26-18 01:47 AM
    You know, few people are writing here their setup is working while in fact this is a major issue for many people if not for all (you might start to see it one day - all your friends able to connect to WIFI while you struggle to do it with your "business" phone)

In my setup, there is no firewall enabled and channel is fine - run a proper setup to avoid any interferences and choose the right one. Also, I'm not in a crowded place with many wifis, in fact only mine.

Again, 10s of devices I had over the last few years, no complain regarding WIFI connectivity.

As mentioned, this is not linked to my home setup, but office is the same.

I would like to see people admitting this is real issue and put pressure on vendor to fix it ASAP and get the root cause. My thoughts:
    - it is a HW issue - hard to believe, but if the case vendor should admit it and propose replacement
    - it is a Android issue - hard to believe as no other android device I own has this issue
    - it is a Blackberry OS/Firmware issue - most likely and somebody needs to get to the bottom of it. Going further I suspect this code has been inherited from other people/teams/old BB dev with no knowledge how to improve/fix things.

Best
    12-26-18 02:05 AM
    For those who might have forgotten about all BB Wifi issues in the past:

Issue with KEY2 and WiFi router 2.4 gh/5gh-screen-shot-2018-12-26-11.58.37.png
    12-26-18 04:02 AM
    You know, few people are writing here their setup is working while in fact this is a major issue for many people if not for all (you might start to see it one day - all your friends able to connect to WIFI while you struggle to do it with your "business" phone)

In my setup, there is no firewall enabled and channel is fine - run a proper setup to avoid any interferences and choose the right one. Also, I'm not in a crowded place with many wifis, in fact only mine.

Again, 10s of devices I had over the last few years, no complain regarding WIFI connectivity.

As mentioned, this is not linked to my home setup, but office is the same.

I would like to see people admitting this is real issue and put pressure on vendor to fix it ASAP and get the root cause. My thoughts:
    - it is a HW issue - hard to believe, but if the case vendor should admit it and propose replacement
    - it is a Android issue - hard to believe as no other android device I own has this issue
    - it is a Blackberry OS/Firmware issue - most likely and somebody needs to get to the bottom of it. Going further I suspect this code has been inherited from other people/teams/old BB dev with no knowledge how to improve/fix things.

Best
    it is really annoying to have problems with wifi, i almost regretted buying the phone when i had that problem. i also do not understand why the updates solve the problems for some people but not for others.
    but perhaps you could try to contact the blackberry support? maybe they have a solution, or atleast if many people report this issue, they will start working on solving it.
    12-26-18 05:35 AM
    I’ve always suspected the added security layer(s) of BB software, add some complexity. While I’ve experienced the problems myself in the past, they’ve always been solved with a 60-90 second reboot of my router and 32 second reboot of my device. Performed one last night for the wife and her 8Plus so it’s other brands too.
    12-26-18 07:20 AM
    thanks for replying but don't try to say this is a common issue cross devices because it is not.

in 12 months of iPhone usage I have never experienced a similar issue. wifi is stable as a rock

restarting phone did work for me as well but don't understand why I should give up to all my current apps open to deal with this situation.

adding security enforcement is good in principle till it starts making people going for less security to their wifi setups or even giving up setting passwords.

while it might be correct software quality decrease affects all brands, it is not excuse to have it here.

best
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-26-18 08:18 AM
    thanks for replying but don't try to say this is a common issue cross devices because it is not.

in 12 months of iPhone usage I have never experienced a similar issue. wifi is stable as a rock

restarting phone did work for me as well but don't understand why I should give up to all my current apps open to deal with this situation.

adding security enforcement is good in principle till it starts making people going for less security to their wifi setups or even giving up setting passwords.

while it might be correct software quality decrease affects all brands, it is not excuse to have it here.

best
    So how do you explain situation with the 8Plus I experienced? It happens. It’s technology. I’ve assumed it was just normal since I reboot my router modem about once a month. Spectrum and Frontier both have me reboot as initial step. You’re saying they’re wrong? It fixes the problem. Usually have to do it because of an iDevice as we have bunch of those but just one BB phone. I don’t think either of us has enough for statistical representative sample.
    12-26-18 08:30 AM
    in my case it is the phone rebooting that works ... please imagine while at home I can control my router and restart it whenever I want, at work, there is no way myself/people could restart the enterprise setup in place.

if with every device you are launching people are asking this question again and again, it definitely proves this is not an isolated case but something your target customers are concerned of.

but maybe you are right with your question: so what? it might be the only question tcl/bb dev people ask themselves as well

best
    12-26-18 09:04 AM
    in my case it is the phone rebooting that works ... please imagine while at home I can control my router and restart it whenever I want, at work, there is no way myself/people could restart the enterprise setup in place.

if with every device you are launching people are asking this question again and again, it definitely proves this is not an isolated case but something your target customers are concerned of.

but maybe you are right with your question: so what? it might be the only question tcl/bb dev people ask themselves as well

best
    I guess the point I was really making about rebooting is the devices. I have one BB, two iPads, two iPhones, laptop that I use daily on the road in WiFi locations. I’ve never found any device that doesn’t have issues and need rebooting....
    12-26-18 01:57 PM
    Setup here is simpler: 2.4 ghz router, no interference, 2-3 devices connected, no issue with the other devices for months, however my BB is letting me down every 1-2 days.

moreover seeing this issue at work as well proves there is nothing wrong with my home wifi setup but rather BB wifi stack.

thank you
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    12-26-18 02:15 PM
    I just want to be sure I understand what is going on here. Is it correct to say that the MAJORITY of Key2 users are having WiFi connection issues that require a reboot and that occurs every couple of days? I'm asking because I was planning on buying a Key2 next week but there's no way I am going to lose connectivity and have to reboot every 2 days - that doesn't work for business users like me.

If that's the case then I will either way until there's a fix or take the plunge on a Key2 LE, something I would rather not do before trying the Key2 for the capacative keyboard...

Thanks!
    12-26-18 07:59 PM
    I just want to be sure I understand what is going on here. Is it correct to say that the MAJORITY of Key2 users are having WiFi connection issues that require a reboot and that occurs every couple of days? I'm asking because I was planning on buying a Key2 next week but there's no way I am going to lose connectivity and have to reboot every 2 days - that doesn't work for business users like me.

If that's the case then I will either way until there's a fix or take the plunge on a Key2 LE, something I would rather not do before trying the Key2 for the capacative keyboard...

Thanks!
    i do not know if majority of users have this problem. i had it after the october update, but the december update fixed it. i do not have to reboot my device any more in order to connect to wifi
    12-27-18 08:54 AM
    i do not know if majority of users have this problem. i had it after the october update, but the december update fixed it. i do not have to reboot my device any more in order to connect to wifi
    wait until a couple of days...it comes back :-(
    12-27-18 08:58 AM
    key2 le or key2 is the same. issue is most likely on the software side and both devices are affected.

if you ask me I would not give up on the capacitive button for fixing an issue not sure you will fix.

difficult to say how many devices are affected ... in my view you should be prepared to restart your device time to time due to wifi connectivity issue

hth
    12-27-18 02:48 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize it was on both. I will probably give the Key2 a try to start. I will say that if the problem was truly widespread I would suspect there would be a LOT more posts on this thread. So I'm thinking it's worth giving a brand new device a try - thanks!
    12-27-18 07:40 PM
    Same issue happening here on my Key2 LE. I also use my Fujifilm X70 to connect to my Key2 LE for wireless photo transfers and the issue also happens with that.

EDIT: All is good now. The culprit: my wifi router. It was automatically choosing/switching between 2.4 and 5GHz freq. I changed the 5GHz network name and tested again. Now I can connect to 2.4GHz and 5GHz and even my camera! Thanks again for the help, gang.
    Last edited by RD9700; 12-29-18 at 01:55 AM.
    12-28-18 12:17 AM
    Same issue as everyone above. Running ABL 911.

If BlackBerry serious about being a challenger brand/attracting business users fundamental issues such as WiFi stability need to be knocked on the head as a priority.

Resetting device every day is boring and messing with router WiFi settings when every other device connects perfectly is a failure by BB/TCL.
    12-29-18 12:51 AM
    Gents,

I've done a factory reset and started with latest (Dec) firmware from ground 0. Unfortunately, the issue has appeared again.

Decided to capture few screenshots with these issues, maybe it would help someone:

- after few unsuccessful connection attempts WIFI network is marked either "Disabled" or "Saved":
    Issue with KEY2 and WiFi router 2.4 gh/5gh-wifi_disabled.jpg
    Issue with KEY2 and WiFi router 2.4 gh/5gh-wifi_saved.jpg

- internally, while checking WIFI status I see the following strange try to connect to "unknown" SSID:
    Issue with KEY2 and WiFi router 2.4 gh/5gh-status_unknown_1.jpg
    Issue with KEY2 and WiFi router 2.4 gh/5gh-status_unknown_2.jpg

Tried multiple things, including router reset, but the only way to make it working again has been ... restarting the phone.

Reading on internet, I agree you can see other phones having similar issues, however there are plenty not having it.

Last thing, issue has occurred immediately after I've registered a 2nd network and saved it. When got back home, I was not able anymore to connect to my wifi without restarting the phone.

HTH,
    Ovidiu
    12-30-18 01:22 PM
    This may be totally coincidental, but I've refrained from using my non-OEM cheap Amazon clear silicon case, and my LE has not dropped wifi once since doing my router reset etc. I can now bounce between 2.4 and 5GHz.

Who else is using a protective case and seeing wifi issues?
    12-30-18 01:30 PM
    My WiFi on the KEY2 was basically unusable with the Occtober update. November didn't fix it.

I updated to December ABL911 and did a factory reset. WiFi is fine now. Cannot tell if the update or factory reset alone would have been enough.
    12-30-18 06:49 PM
    I had this issue at home, but like the early posters in the thread, my ISP solved (fixed?) the issue by switching channels on the wifi. Note that my wife never had any issues on her Key2. This weekend we were away in an hotel. Could I connect to the hotel wifi? No way! Could my wife's Key2? Yes, with no problems at all. Fortunately, we were in a good 4G network area and I have a lot of data on my payment plan, but there is clearly something deeper than I first thought.
    12-31-18 06:55 AM
    it is because of the different WiFi configs you have been using on the phones. I assume 2nd phone will start having issues as well sooner or later.

investigating further there are few devices having similar issues with oreo. it might be a glitch there some vendors have been able to address, but not BB

best
    01-01-19 01:25 AM
76 1234