Please, share solutions or anything to fix it, about this issue: connect to wifi network but then not connect to internet (x).

Thnx
    puser80 likes this.
    10-10-18 03:40 AM
    Try checking the wifi channel in router settings.. My keyone could connect to my wifi, but no internet when I first got it. But upon changing channels (iinm to channel 11), I was able to get the connection working.
    10-10-18 04:15 AM
    Channel 11 with band 2.4ghz or 5ghz?
    10-10-18 04:27 AM
    Try changing the network names to different ones for 2.4 and 5. This helped me to resolve the issue
    10-10-18 06:04 AM
    Both these solutions are good, but I'd say the change of channel should be the fix (Channels 3,6 or 11).

I've seen these WiFi connectivity issues before, and the problem is almost always on the router side.
    V-Tom likes this.
    10-10-18 08:06 AM
    I did all those solutions and they dont fix the issue.
    10-10-18 11:00 AM
    the question is. is it a problem of the device or a problem of the router?, i think the first one and bb doesnt fix it. why do People buy this device at this moment with this problem?
    10-10-18 11:04 AM
    the question is. is it a problem of the device or a problem of the router?, i think the first one and bb doesnt fix it. why do People buy this device at this moment with this problem?
    I think is your router the device will connect to the best option available , has nothing to do with bb
    10-10-18 12:08 PM
    The symptoms are exactly how my phone behaved when I had issues with xfinity router which were resolved by giving a different name to 2.4 and 5GHz networks. This was a conflict at the router side which restarted every few minutes and my key2 showed as connected with no internet access (wifi icon with an X bottom right). Does any other devices have internet connection at that time? This can easily answer the "is it router or key2" question.
    10-10-18 09:35 PM
    I think is your router the device will connect to the best option available , has nothing to do with bb
    So, why it only happens with this device and not occur with my other devices (Samsung S9, BBDTEK50, Samsung Galaxy S8)???
    10-11-18 01:08 AM
    The symptoms are exactly how my phone behaved when I had issues with xfinity router which were resolved by giving a different name to 2.4 and 5GHz networks. This was a conflict at the router side which restarted every few minutes and my key2 showed as connected with no internet access (wifi icon with an X bottom right). Does any other devices have internet connection at that time? This can easily answer the "is it router or key2" question.
    Did you try to connect to Your 2.4 ghz band?, for me it is not possible, my device only connects to 5g. If I disconect on my router the 5g band and only remain connects the 2.4 g, my key2 doesnt recognize en this 2.4 band. I need to connect to 2.4 because some items as vacuum xiaomi or foscam camera only use 2.4 g
    10-12-18 11:56 AM
    both networks will be available but they will have separate names, like mynetwork24 and mynetwork5. this is what helped me facing the issue you're describing.
    10-12-18 12:22 PM
    do you use the same password for both networks?
    10-12-18 12:33 PM
    yes, but it's irrelevant, as you'll have two ssid+password pairs. basically it will not be different from a situation if you would configure your wifi network and neighbor's
    10-12-18 01:06 PM
    Make sure you're not using TkIP encryption. Use wpa2 with AES only.

It has nothing to do with the channel.
    10-16-18 07:01 PM
    both networks will be available but they will have separate names, like mynetwork24 and mynetwork5. this is what helped me facing the issue you're describing.
    You should be able to set both networks to the same SSID and the same encryption. If that doesn't work, you're doing something else wrong.
    10-16-18 07:07 PM
    You should be able to set both networks to the same SSID and the same encryption. If that doesn't work, you're doing something else wrong.
    Yes, I faced terrible issues when having it set up that way. Router was restarting constantly, all devices were connected to wifi but with no internet connection. This was painful especially as I had to reconnect to our company's VPN every time.

Calling the ISP i got the advise to use different names and it fixed it.
    10-16-18 07:10 PM
    Yes, I faced terrible issues when having it set up that way. Router was restarting constantly, all devices were connected to wifi but with no internet connection. This was painful especially as I had to reconnect to our company's VPN every time.

Calling the ISP i got the advise to use different names and it fixed it.
    I said same encryption, which means the same passphrase and 2 or 3 other settings that people overlook. Everything must be the same, or what you describe will happen.

It's easier for the ISP to just tell you to make different SSID names, so they don't have to get into the rest of it.

1. Same names
    2. WPA2 personal
    3. AES only (no TKIP, no tkip/aes mixed)

Forget the network on EVERY device after this, and re-add it. Otherwise, it may be trying to connect with outdated settings. OR, make a new network name entirely for them to share.
    10-16-18 07:22 PM
    I said same encryption, which means the same passphrase and 2 or 3 other settings that people overlook. Everything must be the same, or what you describe will happen.

It's easier for the ISP to just tell you to make different SSID names, so they don't have to get into the rest of it.

1. Same names
    2. WPA2 personal
    3. AES only (no TKIP, no tkip/aes mixed)

Forget the network on EVERY device after this, and re-add it. Otherwise, it may be trying to connect with outdated settings. OR, make a new network name entirely for them to share.
    These are exactly my settings, but it did not work. I did not experience the outage after setting up two different names. Might be an issue with the xfinity router model.
    10-16-18 07:31 PM
    These are exactly my settings, but it did not work. I did not experience the outage after setting up two different names. Might be an issue with the xfinity router model.
    All of those xfinity router models have the $10 a month issue. Gross.
    10-16-18 07:47 PM
    I'm having the same issue. I can connect to the 2.4GHz but not on the 5GHz.
    Both SSIDs are different, so it has to be the limitation of the device.
    10-26-18 03:03 AM
    I've been having this problem since my phone updated to ABI067 this week.
    10-26-18 09:16 AM
    I've been having this problem since my phone updated to ABI067 this week.
    I have as well... My KEY2 isn't immediately connecting to my home WiFi like it did prior to the ABI067 update. It eventually does, but I have to turn WiFi off and on sometimes to get it to connect.

Bob
    10-28-18 08:53 AM
    I have as well... My KEY2 isn't immediately connecting to my home WiFi like it did prior to the ABI067 update. It eventually does, but I have to turn WiFi off and on sometimes to get it to connect.

Bob
    Have you tried forgetting both connections and setting up as new connections?
    10-28-18 08:55 AM
    Have you tried forgetting both connections and setting up as new connections?
    No I haven't... I will try that today and see if it makes a difference. I do know if I do a 32+ second reboot it connects just fine afterwards.

Bob
    10-28-18 09:04 AM
76 123 ...