Seriously? Pretty much everyone here leans toward BlackBerry. The rest of my family is ios. But even they have huge reservations on the xs (excess)
    10-08-18 04:29 PM
    I can see those selfie heavy user (snappy) or social media personality want to have XS - save plastic surgery money - the camera software uses satcking of multiple exposure to "beautify" your face by eliminate shadows, smooth contours, soften skin tones. For me, there is no enough trickery (under the knife or software/hardware modification) would improve my ugly image. Paying more to me is a bit pointless. https://www.cnet.com/.../iphone-xs-v...-has-the-best- camera/‎
    Besides, I do like realistic look of images - such as almost black/white like foggy days in the woods... can't imaging is over expose/under expose stacking to show the ghosly image I can not see by my eyes (old eyes).
    In addition, I only have two kidneys so far, no spare to fork over to XS (at old age, redundancy is important, not like the youth who can live on one only).
    I am not looped in to Apple Eco as yet (although have G4 iMac with motorola processor and multiple second gen ipods function perfectly still in use), BB PKB just feel add freedom and familarity especially communicate using words rather than image. Once the majority become image based (CB forum dominate more image than text for example) - such as some 3rd world country moving towards using voice/image only, I might change my mind (I could be too old to do so). IMHO.
    the_boon likes this.
    10-08-18 05:30 PM
    Recent Windows 10 updates support SIM cards, and recent laptops and 2-in-1s do as well. It definitely appears that Microsoft is assuming portable computers should always have access to the Internet if desired without relying on WiFi availability.

For employees in the office, not much would change, but it would greatly simplify remote knowledge work.

But I'm not sure how that would improve your company's server issues. Seems like a separate issue to me.
    Acer laptops had this ability from Windows 98 up. Especially corporate models.
    10-11-18 08:08 PM
    Thinking of going to the dark side. bigger screen for bigger fonts. getting on years to the tired old eyes. Using the key2 only for the last 2 months coming from keyone and from all Blackberrys all the way back to 2005.
    With blackberry keyone and blackberry key2 you can increase the font size
    10-11-18 08:10 PM
    IPhone XS or key 2 which one you will choose?

Posted via CB10
    If you go with apple or iphone you risk not being able to get the equipment repaired. With limited parts being available to authorised repair centres only.

Blackberry key to generally it is easier to get the parts, as with most android devices, parts are generally widely available and much cheaper than apple's renditions.

Even with apple care insurance many problems are not being dealt with.
    10-11-18 08:17 PM
    More spam. I have reported the thread so it can be closed down. In fact I am considering adding this thread to the wikepedia entry for spam as a great example of what spam is.

Let me answer your question though.

If you go on an apple forum they will tell you to buy an iphone.

If you go on a blackberry forum they will tell you to buy blackberry.

You basically need to know what your needs are, research the phones, preferably play with both then make your own mind up.
    Why spam a interesting debate? Your Mercury has melted and the Blackberry Key's are winning.
    10-11-18 08:26 PM
    Crackberry Kevin is hinting able a KEY2 Max. Should we have any hopes ?
    IPhone XS or KEY2 which one you will choose?-would-20you-20want-20to-20see-20a-20_max_-20version-20of-20a-20blackberry-20key3_-20i-20love-20.jpeg
    anon(1733) likes this.
    10-11-18 08:33 PM
    Crackberry Kevin is hinting able a KEY2 Max. Should we have any hopes ?
    I'm wondering if he reads all of the puffed chest "I'm so great owning a BB because it doesn't have a notch/glass back/whatever" posts and is testing what the fanbase would put up with.
    10-11-18 09:17 PM
    I'm wondering if he reads all of the puffed chest "I'm so great owning a BB because it doesn't have a notch/glass back/whatever" posts and is testing what the fanbase would put up with.
    Either way I would love to see it. Even if it had the same specs it would be nice to have something closer to the Passport

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    10-11-18 09:21 PM
    Either way I would love to see it. Even if it had the same specs it would be nice to have something closer to the Passport

That thing is monstrous and I would not even call it a pocket device. That render makes it look even bigger than a Note 9.

Horrible.

Now if it was scaled exactly as the existing KEY2 and if getting the notch meant getting rid of the capacitive buttons, then I'd be all for it. Because even though I'm not a fan of notches, these capacitive buttons have got to go already.
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    10-12-18 03:15 AM
    Haha. Try typing on that. It would be falling out of your hands over the top. :-p
    jmorgan456 likes this.
    10-12-18 04:50 AM
    Haha. Try typing on that. It would be falling out of your hands over the top. :-p
    Instead of a phone ring all you have to do is superglue a set of brass knuckles to the back so you can slide all your fingers in to support the phone as you type.

I think your making a big deal out of nothing lol.

10-12-18 05:10 AM
    Dont need a Key2 Max, need a Key2 pro, same chassis but with notch (dont mind the notch as it means the status bar can sit either side out of the way of the main screen) and make the screen to edge of frame with no capacative buttons which would give 5" of usable space, upgrade the camera for the instagram crowd and the processor for the spec freaks as long as it doesnt kill the battery, improve QA on build quality and i think that's about the perfect phone for me, i wouldnt want a massive phone like that at all.

I would pay £800+ for a Key2 Pro with those sort of specs.
    10-12-18 07:22 AM
    Dont need a Key2 Max, need a Key2 pro, same chassis but with notch (dont mind the notch as it means the status bar can sit either side out of the way of the main screen) and make the screen to edge of frame with no capacative buttons which would give 5" of usable space, upgrade the camera for the instagram crowd and the processor for the spec freaks as long as it doesnt kill the battery, improve QA on build quality and i think that's about the perfect phone for me, i wouldnt want a massive phone like that at all.

I would pay £800+ for a Key2 Pro with those sort of specs.
    That's all great, I'm sure many others would want such an option but are there enough of you to make it profitable ?

Honestly, I think the KEY2 LE will easily outsell the KEY2.
    If this turns out to be the case, I would predict that the next devices will stay in the 400-550 range, and that there will not a be "flagship-top-of-the-line-everything" Berry.
    10-12-18 07:40 AM
    I think you should have an LE spec device and a Pro spec device and nothing in between for the Key3 but where we are now with the Key2, it wouldn't be a massive job to change the screen and upgrade internals etc without designing a whole new phone so should be fairly doable. As for the market size, judging by the amount of moaning about the specs on here i would say it is massive!

All said im happy with the Key2 but if they are going to bring out a new variant it should be a Pro not a Max IMO
    10-12-18 07:49 AM
    I think you should have an LE spec device and a Pro spec device and nothing in between for the Key3 but where we are now with the Key2, it wouldn't be a massive job to change the screen and upgrade internals etc without designing a whole new phone so should be fairly doable. As for the market size, judging by the amount of moaning about the specs on here i would say it is massive!

All said im happy with the Key2 but if they are going to bring out a new variant it should be a Pro not a Max IMO
    The specs moaning in general is simply ridiculous. A snapdragon 660 with 6gb RAM is plenty powerful enough for the mass majority of people, period.

Principal areas to work on next is mainly OLED display w/out capacitive keys, better camera software w/OIS and IP rating.
    10-12-18 08:11 AM
    Key2 cost 650 USD and the XR is expected to launch at 750 USD.

I have a 64 GB iPhone 6S Plus with 13,000 pictures on it, linked to icloud. Also have hundreds of apps including the entire office suite. And still have 10 GB to spare!

BTW the Key2 comes with 64GB of storage so you should compare with a 64GB device!
    For contrast, I have taken a total of less than 1K photos in the past 11 years across all my mobile phones. About 2/3 of those ar snapshots of my kid.

I have 5 GB free on my 16 GB Z10. :-)

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-12-18 08:24 AM
    For contrast, I have taken a total of less than 1K photos in the past 11 years across all my mobile phones. About 2/3 of those ar snapshots of my kid.

I have 5 GB free on my 16 GB Z10. :-)

Taking photos of my kid ?????? I’ve found the best device is Lumia 1520 and iPhone 8Plus operated by the wife.... LOL
    10-12-18 12:17 PM
    Taking photos of my kid ?????? I’ve found the best device is Lumia 1520 and iPhone 8Plus operated by the wife.... LOL
    I use a Nikon SLR when I really want to take photos, and I HATE snapshots with a phone. I'd rather just remember good times than photograph them.

10-12-18 04:15 PM
    I use a Nikon SLR when I really want to take photos, and I HATE snapshots with a phone. I'd rather just remember good times than photograph them.

The point was the wife taking pics and instead of me.........
    10-12-18 04:19 PM
    The point was the wife taking pics and instead of me.........
    In my family either my wife or I are usually solo with the kids. She works only slightly less than I do!

10-12-18 07:54 PM
    Does the iPhone have a native or non native App that works like the Hub where all my messages go to one place? if not I could never switch lol if they did I'd actually consider switching
    10-12-18 09:19 PM
    Does the iPhone have a native or non native App that works like the Hub where all my messages go to one place? if not I could never switch lol if they did I'd actually consider switching
    Notification center. It’s not as good as the hub but it’s very functional. You can reply emails and texts directly from it without going into the app.

The latest iOS also added a new features to it... for instance you can silence Tinder notifications from the notification center so that your wife can’t see them
    10-12-18 10:18 PM
    Notification center. It’s not as good as the hub but it’s very functional. You can reply emails and texts directly from it without going into the app.

The latest iOS also added a new features to it... for instance you can silence Tinder notifications from the notification center so that your wife can’t see them
    LOL!!! Amazing. And see, with Android you can select whatever notification you want off for the longest time. iOS sure is the behind the times eh
    10-12-18 10:21 PM
    LOL!!! Amazing. And see, with Android you can select whatever notification you want off for the longest time. iOS sure is the behind the times eh
    They still have lots of work to do with the notification centre on iOS! Stacked notifications were just introduced a few weeks ago! Believe me I know... cause used to have so many notifications! At least now it’s stacked... a minimum!
    stefman722 likes this.
    10-12-18 10:24 PM
289 ... 9101112