Only enough people need to care. That's the point of catering to a niche market.

You don't like physical keyboards, you don't like Blackberry, you don't like TCL, and you don't like Blackberry Mobile. I'm not sure what pleasure you get out of engaging on a Blackberry fan site. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    My problem is that I love BB and I hate PKB!

I know it doesn’t make sense but my first BB was the Storm, got the Z10 and the Z30 too. Still have all three and they still work! Beside the fact that there’s no more CDMA network for the storm to connect to.
    09-14-18 12:50 PM
    These convos evidently only exist on CB between current PKB users and past PKB users - in the real world, people have moved on. No one cares anymore lol.

The KEYone had hype last year - the KEY2 doesn't even have that this year.
    What hype? There hasn’t been any hype since the BB10 OS initial rollout that disappointed EVERYONE since it sucked from an OS perspective.. 95% of the planet doesn’t even know it exists anymore other than still believing devices are still running BBOS....
    09-14-18 01:06 PM
    What hype? There hasn’t been any hype since the BB10 OS initial rollout that disappointed EVERYONE since it sucked from an OS perspective.. 95% of the planet doesn’t even know it exists anymore other than still believing devices are still running BBOS....
    If we could only get back the seven wasted years on BB10 and have started with BBAndroid instead...
    09-14-18 01:08 PM
    Why are you replying to yourself?
    valer466 and Tech Idiot like this.
    09-14-18 01:09 PM
    It always amazes me the powerful illusions Apple is able to create with their marketing...and how easily people fall for it and empty their wallets.

Do they make great products? Sure. Are they great at promoting and selling them? Sure. Are any of their products really as revolutionary and unique as they claim them to be? Hmmmm....

Can anyone say 'Qi'? Lol.
    09-14-18 01:11 PM
    Why are you replying to yourself?
    Driving in traffic. Only typing at the red lights and I hit the wrong button......
    09-14-18 01:13 PM
    Driving in traffic. Only typing at the red lights and I hit the wrong button......
    Please pay attention to your driving. Crackberry forum is not worth your life!
    09-14-18 01:25 PM
    Please pay attention to your driving. Crackberry forum is not worth your life!
    Red light. Sitting in place. Not going anywhere..
    09-14-18 01:27 PM
    It always amazes me the powerful illusions Apple is able to create with their marketing...and how easily people fall for it and empty their wallets.

Do they make great products? Sure. Are they great at promoting and selling them? Sure. Are any of their products really as revolutionary and unique as they claim them to be? Hmmmm....

Can anyone say 'Qi'? Lol.
    Actually they are. From Face ID, to camera, earpods (where no one knows how they packed so much tech in such a small device), stacked logic board, Apple Watch (ECG on a watch???!!... FDA approved???!!).

Yeah pretty much the only reason they can achieve these things is that they manufacture pretty much all parts. Like for the Apple watch, they packed everything in one board.

And I didn’t even mention their A series chips... the latest a 7nm node chip.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-14-18 02:15 PM
    Actually they are. From Face ID, to camera, earpods (where no one knows how they packed so much tech in such a small device), stacked logic board, Apple Watch (ECG on a watch???!!... FDA approved???!!).

Yeah pretty much the only reason they can achieve these things is that they manufacture pretty much all parts. Like for the Apple watch, they packed everything in one board.

And I didn’t even mention their A series chips... the latest a 7nm node chip.
    I see you've also swallowed the poison pill. Lol.
    09-14-18 02:16 PM
    I see you've also swallowed the poison pill. Lol.
    It’s one thing to say that you don’t like their devices, but making totally false statement that they don’t innovate, that is just unacceptable.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt, Fred Wu and pdr733 like this.
    09-14-18 02:53 PM
    It’s one thing to say that you don’t like their devices, but making totally false statement that they don’t innovate, that is just unacceptable.
    But they literally don't, their innovations are either bought patents or copied from unpatented devices. All they need to do is market it big enough to seem innovative/first.

Apple succeeds in vendor lock-in and marketing, giving them any more credit than that shows you're prone to it.
    09-14-18 02:58 PM
    I recommend Apple iPhone to my family because they support them for very long time and customer support is excellent. You actually save money by purchasing their products because it last so long.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-14-18 03:05 PM
    Oh my word... This makes BlackBerry a bargain.
    --
    iPhone XS Max is Apple's Most Expensive iPhone Model to Date at $1,449 for 512GB
    Wednesday September 12, 2018 2:05 PM PDT by Mitchel Broussard
    https://www.macrumors.com/2018/09/12...ost-expensive/

Told ya Chen got out too soon. Things are just starting to cook.
    $1449!!! Does it come with a vibrator and coffee maker?
    09-14-18 03:29 PM
    But they literally don't, their innovations are either bought patents or copied from unpatented devices. All they need to do is market it big enough to seem innovative/first.

Apple succeeds in vendor lock-in and marketing, giving them any more credit than that shows you're prone to it.
    So can you explain to me how does your logic work with Face ID? Nothing near that with the competition. That’s not innovation?

And what about the latest Apple watch? Antenna on the screen and ECG?

Or please explain me where else do you see something as small as the earpods?

And wait... what about their A series chips that are consistently faster than anything else? Like maybe 2 to 3 years ahead of competition? That’s not innovation?

W series chip?

Or the S series chip?

Oh and the best one: what about RAM management? How the heck apple is able to only use half the RAM than any other devices for the same apps? Google it... it’s a closely kept secret at Apple. No one is able to figure that one out. That’s not innovation?

Those are just recent ones.
    krazyatom and chain13 like this.
    09-14-18 04:11 PM
    I didn't say either.

What I was suggesting was Apple has a tendency to re-brand existing tech as new and great because it's new and great to THEM. That doesn't mean they don't have ANY innovations that are actually unique. But QI charging, AMOLED screen, hi-res Bluetooth earbuds, wearable devices that monitor your health ("FDA approved"...LOL, I'm not sure what it even means for a watch), IP68, etc. A fancy new paint job? The screen got a bit bigger? Wowwwwwww!

Gimme a break.

But if you think whatever real new features are left after all the magic show hype still makes at least $1,000 worthwhile, all the power to you my friend. Just don't call it "innovation". Especially when a good portion of what you paid went to re-packaged tech and the other half straight into Apple's trillion dollar war chest. LMAO.
    09-14-18 04:14 PM
    So can you explain to me how does your logic work with Face ID? Nothing near that with the competition. That’s not innovation?

And what about the latest Apple watch? Antenna on the screen and ECG?

Or please explain me where else do you see something as small as the earpods?

And wait... what about their A series chips that are consistently faster than anything else? Like maybe 2 to 3 years ahead of competition? That’s not innovation?

W series chip?

Or the S series chip?

Oh and the best one: what about RAM management? How the heck apple is able to only use half the RAM than any other devices for the same apps? Google it... it’s a closely kept secret at Apple. No one is able to figure that one out. That’s not innovation?

Those are just recent ones.
    That’s funny “google a closely held Apple secret”.... just read that five times.... I get it, but just think about the original google model 20 years ago.....

We now return to our regularly scheduled debating....
    09-14-18 04:18 PM
    I recommend Apple iPhone to my family because they support them for very long time and customer support is excellent. You actually save money by purchasing their products because it last so long.
    All true, but the full package is really what you're paying all that extra money for. Not the most state-of-the-art advanced technological wizardry available (as Apple and their buddy bobshine would have you believe). Lol.
    09-14-18 04:24 PM
    My problem is that I love BB and I hate PKB!

I know it doesn’t make sense but my first BB was the Storm, got the Z10 and the Z30 too. Still have all three and they still work! Beside the fact that there’s no more CDMA network for the storm to connect to.
    I find that completely reasonable. The PKB may be what many associate with BlackBerry, but it's the email-oriented workflow that I value most.
    09-14-18 04:25 PM
    Yeah but you can’t compare the Key2 to the iPhone X

A more direct price wise comparaison is the XR and the Key2. 650$ vs 750$. The Key2 gets mid end components and a PKB. The XR gets high end components with full screen LCD.
    You sure can. One can compare any device to any other device that they choose to. This is a fine post.
    09-14-18 05:15 PM
    You sure can. One can compare any device to any other device that they choose to. This is a fine post.
    IPhone XR is comparable to key2 LE. As a key2 owner, key2 should be compared to iPhone XS. Key2 is premium device from blackberry so show some respect!
    09-14-18 05:22 PM
    IPhone XR is comparable to key2 LE. As a key2 owner, key2 should be compared to iPhone XS. Key2 is premium device from blackberry so show some respect!
    Agreed. Compare anything to anything.
    krazyatom likes this.
    09-14-18 05:23 PM
    Honestly, if one is happy with iOS, Apple's apps and lock-in strategies, and the value proposition that an iPhone represents, there is no reason not to buy one.

Personally, I am happy with NONE of those things.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    the_boon likes this.
    09-14-18 05:57 PM
    iphone xs -> sell -> buy key2
    the_boon likes this.
    09-14-18 06:28 PM
    Honestly, if one is happy with iOS, Apple's apps and lock-in strategies, and the value proposition that an iPhone represents, there is no reason not to buy one.

Personally, I am happy with NONE of those things.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    I find Apple’s strategy very similar to old BBOS strategy... No?
    09-14-18 08:48 PM
289 ... 23456 ...