IPhone XS or key 2 which one you will choose?

Posted via CB10
    Money wise! All depends in the money you are willing to spend as well as what are your priorities in terms of for what do you want that that phone, for business or for fun.
    09-14-18 07:55 AM
    Right...great precision...keep telling yourself that you'll be more precise on any piece of glass vs any PKB.

Ok, assuming the thumb fatigue will occur on PKB, at least there won't be the mental fatigue that comes with having to focus precisely on which part of the glass to land the thumbs accurately on.

The frustration of trying to type accurately on glass and ending up with a bunch of typos is just as real (if not more) than thumb fatigue from a PKB (which depends on key resistance).
    That's your opinion mister. I've had an opposite experience.
    09-14-18 08:10 AM
    If I was considering spending the huge sum of money that an XS would need I probably would be thinking about using it to buy something better than a phone.
    the_boon likes this.
    09-14-18 09:28 AM
    If I was considering spending the huge sum of money that an XS would need I probably would be thinking about using it to buy something better than a phone.
    Yeah... iPhone XS-ively expensive.

For the price of that piece of glass, you can get a KEY2 AND a Note 8/9 or P20 Pro or something
    09-14-18 09:57 AM
    Right...great precision...keep telling yourself that you'll be more precise on any piece of glass vs any PKB.

Ok, assuming the thumb fatigue will occur on PKB, at least there won't be the mental fatigue that comes with having to focus precisely on which part of the glass to land the thumbs accurately on.

The frustration of trying to type accurately on glass and ending up with a bunch of typos is just as real (if not more) than thumb fatigue from a PKB (which depends on key resistance).
    Agreed. I personally have never experienced "thumb fatigue". How little do you use your hands in real life that pressing tiny buttons causes fatigue - I feel sorry for these people lol.

I have always experienced the opposite of thumb fatigue, which is frustration with the glass keyboard. The only VKB I have ever used that was not frustrating was the Nokia N9, that little thing was amazing.
    chain13 likes this.
    09-14-18 10:05 AM
    XS Max is of interest to me, as it's an iPhone 8 without wasted space, ad with swipe!

Hopefully KeyThree, will have similar dimensions

Posted via CB10
    09-14-18 10:31 AM
    Yeah... iPhone XS-ively expensive.

For the price of that piece of glass, you can get a KEY2 AND a Note 8/9 or P20 Pro or something
    Yeah but you can’t compare the Key2 to the iPhone X

A more direct price wise comparaison is the XR and the Key2. 650$ vs 750$. The Key2 gets mid end components and a PKB. The XR gets high end components with full screen LCD.
    09-14-18 10:40 AM
    Agreed. I personally have never experienced "thumb fatigue". How little do you use your hands in real life that pressing tiny buttons causes fatigue - I feel sorry for these people lol.

I have always experienced the opposite of thumb fatigue, which is frustration with the glass keyboard. The only VKB I have ever used that was not frustrating was the Nokia N9, that little thing was amazing.
    Actually research had showed that not only it causes fatigue but also damages to the cartilage. Remember the term Blackberry Thumbs?

It’s not the short term use that causes the issue but it’s the long term use. A tiny bit of extra pressure over say 30 years, every day.
    09-14-18 10:43 AM
    Actually research had showed that not only it causes fatigue but also damages to the cartilage. Remember the term Blackberry Thumbs?

It’s not the short term use that causes the issue but it’s the long term use. A tiny bit of extra pressure over say 30 years, every day.
    I don't doubt it. Same thing for using a keyboard and mouse, staring at screens degrades your eyes, being near a cell phone 24x7 for years on end might cause cancer, etc.

No aspect of a cell phone has ever been remotely healthy.
    09-14-18 10:52 AM
    The XR gets high end components with full screen LCD.
    ...and the worst, lowest-end, physical keyboard on the market.
    bobshine, the_boon and krazyatom like this.
    09-14-18 10:56 AM
    Haha that I agree!
    09-14-18 10:57 AM
    Haha that I agree!
    09-14-18 10:58 AM
    Yeah but you can’t compare the Key2 to the iPhone X

A more direct price wise comparaison is the XR and the Key2. 650$ vs 750$. The Key2 gets mid end components and a PKB. The XR gets high end components with full screen LCD.
    Key2 is high-end device and you're comparing with low-end budget iPhone XR? Key2 destroy iPhone XR in every category.
    09-14-18 11:15 AM
    Key2 is high-end device and you're comparing with low-end budget iPhone XR? Key2 destroy iPhone XR in every category.
    Are you being sarcastic??? lol

The Key2 is at best a mid device, with a mid tier processor.

The XR comes with the same A12 processor as the iPhone XS, same camera (except that it’s a single lens), same depth of field infrared Face ID, edge to edge full screen LCD (first if it’s kind... no one was ever able to accomplish this with an LCD).

And 750$ is not budget BTW. Nor is 650$ for the Key2
    chain13 likes this.
    09-14-18 11:29 AM
    And they're charging $100 more than key2!
    09-14-18 11:38 AM
    Are you being sarcastic??? lol

The Key2 is at best a mid device, with a mid tier processor.

The XR comes with the same A12 processor as the iPhone XS, same camera (except that it’s a single lens), same depth of field infrared Face ID, edge to edge full screen LCD (first if it’s kind... no one was ever able to accomplish this with an LCD).

And 750$ is not budget BTW. Nor is 650$ for the Key2
    iPhone XR is cheapest iphone this year and Key2 is most expensive blackberry this year. iPhone XR should be compared with key2 LE.
    09-14-18 11:49 AM
    iPhone XR is cheapest iphone this year and Key2 is most expensive blackberry this year. iPhone XR should be compared with key2 LE.
    So I should compare the least expensive GMC pickup with the least expensive Bentley with that logic? Or, the most expensive of each?
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-14-18 12:00 PM
    So I should compare the least expensive GMC pickup with the least expensive Bentley with that logic? Or, the most expensive of each?
    Are you saying Apple is Bentley and TCL is gmc? Lol. Key2 is most expensive device ever manufacturered by TCL and iPhone XR their budget model. Apple has higher end model like iPhone XS and max.
    09-14-18 12:05 PM
    Are you saying Apple is Bentley and TCL is gmc? Lol. Key2 is most expensive device ever manufacturered by TCL and iPhone XR their budget model. Apple has higher end model like iPhone XS and max.
    Either way, it doesn’t matter.... the reality is that BBMo/TCL has Bentley economies of scale compared with Apple having GM economies of scale. The fact that brand perception is reversed just makes things worse. BBTax is significant barrier to PKB conversions with VKB users. Not saying good or bad, just a fact.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-14-18 12:11 PM
    OMG! You have no idea how marketing work.

So someone go shopping for a smartphone and have a budget of about 700$

Do you think they will compare the specs of the iPhone XS with the Key2???

Or if someone have a budget of 400$... are they going to compare the Key2 LE with the iPhone XR?

That is sooooo logic!

So if Im shopping for a high end sedan. Should I compare the VW Jetta fully loaded with an Audi RS4?

People compare stuff with same prices. And buy the best for that price.

When I buy toilet paper, I look for the toilet paper that feels the best for 10$. I don’t compare 10$ toilet paper with 20$ toilet paper that has 5 layers and made with refined fibres.
    09-14-18 12:18 PM
    Either way, it doesn’t matter.... the reality is that BBMo/TCL has Bentley economies of scale compared with Apple having GM economies of scale. The fact that brand perception is reversed just makes things worse. BBTax is significant barrier to PKB conversions with VKB users. Not saying good or bad, just a fact.
    These convos evidently only exist on CB between current PKB users and past PKB users - in the real world, people have moved on. No one cares anymore lol.

The KEYone had hype last year - the KEY2 doesn't even have that this year.
    pdr733 likes this.
    09-14-18 12:21 PM

Or if someone have a budget of 400$... are they going to compare the Key2 LE with the iPhone XR? You sound rich with $10 toilet paper....... or buying super huge packages

That is sooooo logic!

So if Im shopping for a high end sedan. Should I compare the VW Jetta fully loaded with an Audi RS4?

When I buy toilet paper, I look for the toilet paper that feels the best for 10$. I don’t compare 10$ toilet paper with 20$ toilet paper that has 5 layers and made with refined fibres.
    09-14-18 12:21 PM
    These convos evidently only exist on CB between current PKB users and past PKB users - in the real world, people have moved on. No one cares anymore lol.
    Only enough people need to care. That's the point of catering to a niche market.

You don't like physical keyboards, you don't like Blackberry, you don't like TCL, and you don't like Blackberry Mobile. I'm not sure what pleasure you get out of engaging on a Blackberry fan site. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    09-14-18 12:31 PM

Or if someone have a budget of 400$... are they going to compare the Key2 LE with the iPhone XR?

That is sooooo logic!

I am sorry but if my budget is $700, I will take key2 over iPhone XR.
    09-14-18 12:41 PM
    I am sorry but if my budget is $700, I will take key2 over iPhone XR.
    That ok! Nothing wrong with that!
    09-14-18 12:46 PM
289 12345 ...