Built for Business - Learn more about BlackBerry KEY2
    Not sure if this has been posted here before but the article makes some interesting points.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/androi...rry-bold-9900/

An interesting point about the K1 was this:

“On the KeyOne, we concentrated on doing something that resonated with our core audience, and the design intent was safer.”

I don't get what that quote means. For example, how are glossy keys safer than the matte keys that all the previous (except Porsche Design) BlackBerry devices had? Is a safer design referring to the four row keyboard? Did TCL draw anything at all from the Bold devices when designing the K1? And how much input exactly did BlackBerry Ltd. actually provide TCL for designing the K1?
    07-22-18 10:29 PM
    I made a typo in the thread title. Mod please fix thanks!
    07-22-18 10:30 PM
    “We obsessively went into detail on how to make this the perfect keyboard experience,” Hurn told Digital Trends at the Key2’s launch.

- Seems they forgot about the space-bar experience.
    the_boon and Mecca EL like this.
    07-22-18 10:42 PM
    Thanks for sharing. Very interesting article.
    07-22-18 11:31 PM
    Yes! I agree! A great improvement over my K1! However, software updates to the camera, Bluetooth connectivity and our beloved PKB sensitivity must come soon! I am with you and have invested my personal funds for the K1 and upgraded in 6 months with a flagship ransom amount for its successor K2. I love the increased snappiness and keyboard of my K2. Now, with great vengeance fix our preceding complaints with a timely software update! We, your core supporters are with you, now be with us and all will be good! Cheers,
    07-23-18 12:20 AM

“On the KeyOne, we concentrated on doing something that resonated with our core audience, and the design intent was safer.”

I don't get what that quote means. For example, how are glossy keys safer than the matte keys that all the previous (except Porsche Design) BlackBerry devices had?
    Well by 'design intent' I don't think he's referring to specific aspects of the products design, he's referring to their overall intention. With BB10 on it's way out it was essentially their intention to create a PKB BlackBerry that would run Android, providing a suitable platform on which existing PKB BlackBerry users could migrate to. With the KEY² they were taking an existing design and trying to improve upon it. I think there have been higher expectations for the KEY². Take most first generation iterations of products, a car, a toaster, a coffee maker. When they were first created people would say 'wow, this is amazing'. Compare modern models against each other nowadays and people say 'well the acceleration isn't great' or 'it doesn't always extract the full flavour of the beans'. We always want more, but with the initial design of a product people were easier satisfied with what they got. Regarding the keyboard I think if they wanted it to be like the Bold they really should have just replicated the Bold keyboard as it is but maybe increased the size of the keys instead of designing a new keyboard to feel like the Bold. But then I haven't tried a KEY² out yet so I can't judge.

---={////]--[ Dispensed on my BlackBerry Passport 
    Last edited by Blackberryphosphamide; 07-23-18 at 02:12 AM.
    07-23-18 01:58 AM
    BlackBerry PKB will never be really good since the ergonomics of straight across are not anywhere near that of a curved array
    07-23-18 06:40 AM