In Serbia, only one carrier at the mo offers BlackBerry devices and for past two months, they were out of Key2 - on offer they had 64 GB silver and black models, priced at well over $900

Fast-forward to few days ago - the phone is back in stock, but behold! Price slashed by 30%! Had to grab it - thus I ordered it (none stocked in retail store). Yes, it is black, because silver was not offered any more, but nevermind.

Today I got in, to collect my new phone, KEYᵒⁿᵉ moving to wife's hands, replacing her beloved Passport SE, and what do I see!?

The box says 128GB/6GB Dual Sim

I look at the representative, he looks at me... He goes to his manager, they browse through all of their system, SAP and what not.... And he gives me this beautiful black box - indeed, this is the only model we have, at listed price ($600), all is fine, have a nice day.

And I still can't believe my luck!
    03-14-19 07:13 PM
    Nice deal! Congratulations.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-14-19 07:16 PM
    Just be careful as that is a phone destined for India and is missing a few bands, primarily 29 I beleive, which is not good for North America. If in Russia it is ok, then perfect. Also, dual Sims in North America do not have warranty, be sure yours does. Good luck and welcome.
    03-14-19 07:39 PM
    Lucky you! Congrats
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-15-19 02:59 AM
    Wow that is awesome! Congratulations on your lucky find. I hope that phone brings lots of happy typing
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-15-19 04:09 AM
    In Serbia, only one carrier at the mo offers BlackBerry devices and for past two months, they were out of Key2 - on offer they had 64 GB silver and black models, priced at well over $900

Fast-forward to few days ago - the phone is back in stock, but behold! Price slashed by 30%! Had to grab it - thus I ordered it (none stocked in retail store). Yes, it is black, because silver was not offered any more, but nevermind.

Today I got in, to collect my new phone, KEYᵒⁿᵉ moving to wife's hands, replacing her beloved Passport SE, and what do I see!?

The box says 128GB/6GB Dual Sim

I look at the representative, he looks at me... He goes to his manager, they browse through all of their system, SAP and what not.... And he gives me this beautiful black box - indeed, this is the only model we have, at listed price ($600), all is fine, have a nice day.

And I still can't believe my luck!
    Nice find! I'm from Belgrade also and would like to know how you like it. Specially bands wise, dough I believe it has been tested since it's in their offer ... please, write some short impressions after couple of days of use. Keyboard, comms, camera, overall feel?

Posted via CB10
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-15-19 04:40 AM
    No worries there, appreciate the heads-up though!

The phone is for European bands (myself being in Serbia) and fully covered with warranty.
    03-15-19 11:14 AM
    Definitely will, I only have to find the time to transfer everything off the KEYᵒⁿᵉ first... curious to see how dual SIM will behave, with two 4G SIMs from different carriers

The phone is sold by mt:s (Telekom) so it had to pass very rigorous controls for our bands, which again work great wherever I go in Europe/US
    hazmaju likes this.
    03-15-19 11:17 AM
    Just be careful as that is a phone destined for India and is missing a few bands, primarily 29 I beleive, which is not good for North America. If in Russia it is ok, then perfect. Also, dual Sims in North America do not have warranty, be sure yours does. Good luck and welcome.
    How do you know it's for India? He didn't give us a PRD and there's a European dual-sim version as well, you know.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-15-19 01:12 PM
    How do you know it's for India? He didn't give us a PRD and there's a European dual-sim version as well, you know.
    Was not aware of a dual sim offering for Europe. Learn something new everyday.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-15-19 01:57 PM
    well done mate enjoy this amazing phone !
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-15-19 03:43 PM
    why dual sim showed up everywhere to replace standard K2? must be someone forecast demand of dual sim wrong (remember few CBers crying loud want dual sim... appearantly, not so many want them - but wouldn't mind to "accidentally" get them instead - a feature less in demend in the western world... by the way, does that mean the Eastern world not highly demend either? ;-)... or those CBers are the only group counted all - represent the saturated dual sim market in that neck of the woods? so the rest of the stock shipping towards west? haha).
    03-15-19 03:50 PM
    Dual SIM has its advantages for many - most private and public companies here issue their staff with closed-group enabled work numbers and phones, but nobody likes carrying two phones, hence... also, some like to take advantage of two plans with unlimited calls inside carrier's network. I didn't try it yet, inserted 64gb sdcard instead, but will have to
    03-16-19 11:19 AM
    PS. The phone looks and feels great! Keyboard is perfect, reminds me of Passport SE, but the space bar is tad loud. guess it will go down with use. On my KEYᵒⁿᵉ you can't hear the bar at all.
    Single-handed use is way easier on Key2 versus naked KEYᵒⁿᵉ. Speaker is louder, camera massive improvement over KEYᵒⁿᵉ's, and overall, love the device.
    Speed key adoption was super fast! I still catch myself trying to do ctrl+c or +v using now missing right shift, but will get it out of muscle memory soon.
    03-16-19 11:24 AM
    Tweaked your title a bit. Got a great deal, there.
    LyoobaBerry likes this.
    03-16-19 12:18 PM
    congratulations
    03-18-19 07:27 AM
    Congrats, hope you like it.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-19 01:12 PM