Howdy All,

I have been pulling my hair out in frustration, so I am hoping someone has some good ideas before I am fully bald.

My KEY2 Red has been behaving strangely for the past few weeks.

I have noticed that my Blackberry Hub Inbox is sometimes up to approx 30 minutes out-of-date.
    All notifications from all apps are sometimes delayed by approx 30 minutes.
    A 2nd clock widget that is on my home screen is sometimes slow by up to 30 minutes.

When I say up to 30 mins, I mean sometimes the delay could be 5 mins, or 30 mins - or anything in between.

From time to time it self-sorts, and everything is back up to date for a while - and then it starts to slip again.

A reboot fixes the issue, and I then get instant notifications and Inbox works fine as it should - but these issues all come back maybe an hour or a few hours later.

The device is not slow, or over-heating.
    Everything else seems normal and fine.

I can send an email OK, but it won't show up as having been sent within the Inbox until some time passes - but I have proved the email is sent straight away.
    The problem is not with one email account - I can email two of my accounts at the same time, and their two notifications will appear on the KEY2 together maybe 30 mins later.

If I receive a text message, I maybe wont see the notification for up to 30 mins.
    All of the device notifications are being delayed, from all apps.

If I go into Messages, I see new messages that I have yet to be notified about.
    Some time later, ever after having read the message - I get a notification that it has been received.

I need to wipe a notification cache or reset something - but I don't know where - I obviously do not want to do a full wipe, but that is a last resort for sure.
    Does the Blackberry Launcher also control the notifications - maybe that has a corrupted cache, but how does that impact the Inbox app from being up to date? If I kill the Launcher, when it re-starts it doesn't fix anything. Clearing the Launcher cache doesn't fix anything.

Where could the notification cache be hiding?

I did try clearing cache for Inbox, Hub Services - but it made no difference; and those apps wouldn't explain why other notifications are also being delayed.

Why would a 2nd clock not tick its minutes at the same rate as the main clock - and how can that be related to the Inbox not being bang up to date on messages.

I am loosing my hair!

I am on last months build ACE748.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Antony.
    12-12-19 02:47 AM
    Howdy All,

I have been pulling my hair out in frustration, so I am hoping someone has some good ideas before I am fully bald.

My KEY2 Red has been behaving strangely for the past few weeks.

I have noticed that my Blackberry Hub Inbox is sometimes up to approx 30 minutes out-of-date.
    All notifications from all apps are sometimes delayed by approx 30 minutes.
    A 2nd clock widget that is on my home screen is sometimes slow by up to 30 minutes.

When I say up to 30 mins, I mean sometimes the delay could be 5 mins, or 30 mins - or anything in between.

From time to time it self-sorts, and everything is back up to date for a while - and then it starts to slip again.

A reboot fixes the issue, and I then get instant notifications and Inbox works fine as it should - but these issues all come back maybe an hour or a few hours later.

The device is not slow, or over-heating.
    Everything else seems normal and fine.

I can send an email OK, but it won't show up as having been sent within the Inbox until some time passes - but I have proved the email is sent straight away.
    The problem is not with one email account - I can email two of my accounts at the same time, and their two notifications will appear on the KEY2 together maybe 30 mins later.

If I receive a text message, I maybe wont see the notification for up to 30 mins.
    All of the device notifications are being delayed, from all apps.

If I go into Messages, I see new messages that I have yet to be notified about.
    Some time later, ever after having read the message - I get a notification that it has been received.

I need to wipe a notification cache or reset something - but I don't know where - I obviously do not want to do a full wipe, but that is a last resort for sure.
    Does the Blackberry Launcher also control the notifications - maybe that has a corrupted cache, but how does that impact the Inbox app from being up to date? If I kill the Launcher, when it re-starts it doesn't fix anything. Clearing the Launcher cache doesn't fix anything.

Where could the notification cache be hiding?

I did try clearing cache for Inbox, Hub Services - but it made no difference; and those apps wouldn't explain why other notifications are also being delayed.

Why would a 2nd clock not tick its minutes at the same rate as the main clock - and how can that be related to the Inbox not being bang up to date on messages.

I am loosing my hair!

I am on last months build ACE748.

Thanks for any advice.

Regards,

Antony.
    I had this myself, I installed Cc cleaner and it cleaned all the cache available. It cleared the issue. On another phone, same model it required a wipe and install. one of the app updates/system/hub updates must of broke something.
    12-12-19 11:44 AM
    You have to laugh, but after a few weeks of being a major pain , I was prepared to fully wipe and start afresh...

I decided against cc cleaner, having read scathing reviews of the current version.

However, since making the decision to factory reset, but not actually yet doing it - the KEY2 has performed absolutely perfectly with no hint of the issues that have been causing me hair loss for several weeks now.

No idea why it's now behaving - I haven't received the latest security update just being released, many apps update each day as usual - so maybe one of them made the difference... or maybe this is just a Blackberry Android thing.

How did it know it was about to get a full wipe!!
    12-12-19 05:30 PM
    You have to laugh, but after a few weeks of being a major pain , I was prepared to fully wipe and start afresh...

I decided against cc cleaner, having read scathing reviews of the current version.

However, since making the decision to factory reset, but not actually yet doing it - the KEY2 has performed absolutely perfectly with no hint of the issues that have been causing me hair loss for several weeks now.

No idea why it's now behaving - I haven't received the latest security update just being released, many apps update each day as usual - so maybe one of them made the difference... or maybe this is just a Blackberry Android thing.

How did it know it was about to get a full wipe!!
    Funny I use it with no issues, might be I have the full version.
    12-12-19 06:21 PM
    Similar issue for me with the hub on a Key2 LE. I have 10 email accounts (combination of hotmail, gmail and ISP provided). Recently, I've noticed at times throughout the day that I have not received any emails or email notifications for a few hours. I'll open up the hub and try to refresh and nothing. Then, if I open an app, say Reddit for example, as soon as it connects the email notifications come flooding in. This behavior started within the last couple of months. It's almost like some app needs to open the gateway in order for the hub to work?

Any suggestions? I'd hate to have to uninstall/reinstall the app and have to re-enter all of these accounts, or worse, wipe the phone all together.
    12-27-19 10:47 PM
    Same here, I have stopped using the HUB as my reference. Installed Outlook and Gmail apps, can't afford missing some notifications.
    12-28-19 01:51 AM