It's one think to say "I personally don't like black on black, and think BBMo should consider the promotional aspect of the logo", as opposed to "this is garbage, this is nonsense, and it is pro-BBMo trolling to think otherwise".

You are absolutely entitled to your personal tastes, or opinions on corporate strategy. But disagreeing with you should also be politefully permitted and respected.
    I get what you mean like you get what I mean as I see, thanks.

I understand PC is popular in these days, but hyperbole becomes necessary then other obviously starts using your PC against you.

+ disagreeing without any argument is not disagreeing, like I said it's just unduly auto-defence which proofs nothing but worshiping whatever BS BBMo delivers.
    03-19-19 06:55 PM

+ disagreeing without any argument is not disagreeing, like I said it's just unduly auto-defence which proofs nothing but worshiping whatever BS BBMo delivers.
    There is no arguing of facts - it's a matter of personal taste, aesthetic preference, and choice.
    03-19-19 07:33 PM
    From a marketing stand point... a logo on the front and back that stands out is the wiser move.

From an aesthetic stand point.... no really visible logo looks the best.
    Is a physical keyboard not a strong enough brand? : D
    the_boon likes this.
    03-19-19 07:37 PM
    I find this thread disturbing!!!

Regards, Lord Vaderberry
    03-19-19 09:54 PM
    with all respect, You just denigrate mine opinion by calling it verbal nonsense.

I just submitted a fact that here in CrackBerry too much people defend whatever BBMo delivers.

For ex. If KEY2 black was opposite with silver logo and someone said it should have black logo, all these people would go auto-defence with "noooo it's very nice what BBMo did", "I wanted a ****ty selfie and backend camera, I do not care about it", "high price? it is a niche device duhh", "capacitive navigation buttons are very convenient", etc, does it make sense what I'm saying?

IMHO this kind of auto-defence trolling is more harmful then helpful
    Exactly, we all are on the same team, this is why all opinions should be respected
    We all are here to discuss about pros and cons freely with no harmful personal intentions on any CB member in general, doesn't we?
    By bringing that I'm disrespectful in pointing on too many unduly defence from others on whatever BBMo delivers I hope to hear objective objection based on facts not on hurt feelings. Does it make a point? Otherwise, if this forum is only about small talk PC rainbow worship whatever BS BBMo does.. General CB articles comment sections for this rainbow worship be just fine.. forum soon become left only by marketing salesman bragging about "perfect niche product" for random newbie visitor or maybe it's like this already? Hm
    I love a respectful debate. Unfortunately, all this from one post runs the gamut of insults. Opinion requires descriptive adjectives derived from thought, that engage people in the same, generating debate. Words like garbage and nonsense are expressions of feeling. They don't promote discussion, and instead promote the same emotional response from those who differ. Respect starts with the first post. How is one to debate whether something is garbage in a respectful way?

You don't like that your phone doesn't scream BlackBerry to all that see it. That's fine. It's how the thread should have been titled and expressed. Some care about that, some don't. I presume this wasn't a surprise upon receipt, that you chose your phone based primarily on function, and are otherwise happy with it. With respect to your issue with the phone, this may help. With respect to your issue with the discussion, the term "garbage in - garbage out" comes to mind.
    Bob80220, RK_BB, conite and 3 others like this.
    03-19-19 10:58 PM
    I love a respectful debate. Unfortunately, all this from one post runs the gamut of insults. Opinion requires descriptive adjectives derived from thought, that engage people in the same, generating debate. Words like garbage and nonsense are expressions of feeling. They don't promote discussion, and instead promote the same emotional response from those who differ. Respect starts with the first post. How is one to debate whether something is garbage in a respectful way?

You don't like that your phone doesn't scream BlackBerry to all that see it. That's fine. It's how the thread should have been titled and expressed. Some care about that, some don't. I presume this wasn't a surprise upon receipt, that you chose your phone based primarily on function, and are otherwise happy with it. With respect to your issue with the phone, this may help. With respect to your issue with the discussion, the term "garbage in - garbage out" comes to mind.
    Black on black logo for brand recognition is a garbage:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvuA8Epj..._sheet&igshid=

it is as it is and it doesn't matter how much your PC was triggered on a word "garbage" just make argument on why it is not a garbage instead of attacking me with personal dispute on your hurt feelings on a word "garbage". You do not make any argument, you just changing the topic in which I'm not interested.
    Last edited by iHadLastBB; 04-03-19 at 04:28 PM.
    04-03-19 04:10 PM
    Words carry weight!
    jamesharmeling and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-03-19 04:17 PM
    I'll have some more of that garbage, please!
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    04-03-19 05:43 PM
    Personally, I too am in the camp that BlackBerry's Iconic comeback could be better served with a traditional silver logo on all devices. It screams brand recognition and appeases the nostalgic frame of reference. Black on black, is elegant, no doubt! But in the end, when you're attempting to rebuild a brand, I would go with what is tried and true. Imho,
    04-03-19 05:56 PM
    If you dislike a logo, that is mere aesthetics. It doesn’t require emotional words. It’s just an opinion.
    Honestly, this forum should be more about teaching each other about BB devices, features, how to work through issues.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-03-19 06:11 PM
    If you dislike a logo, that is mere aesthetics. It doesn’t require emotional words. It’s just an opinion.
    Honestly, this forum should be more about teaching each other about BB devices, features, how to work through issues.
    Not at all a question of like or dislike for me. No emotional stock vested. Just common marketing strategies that have withstood the test of time. Cheers,
    04-03-19 06:13 PM
    Not at all a question of like or dislike for me. No emotional stock vested. Just common marketing strategies that have withstood the test of time. Cheers,
    I wasn’t specifically speaking to you.
    I understand marketing strategy but would argue that BB lost that one when it comes to hardware.
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    04-03-19 06:16 PM
    I wasn’t specifically speaking to you.
    I understand marketing strategy but would argue that BB lost that one when it comes to hardware.
    Hahaha, no doubt. Sadly, that seems to ring true.
    04-03-19 06:45 PM
    Hahaha, no doubt. Sadly, that seems to ring true.
    I think they should tweak it a bit, make it new and fresh. Software wise they seem to be rebounding.
    04-03-19 06:47 PM
    I think they should tweak it a bit, make it new and fresh. Software wise they seem to be rebounding.
    Yes agree, the challenge now is the manufacturing environment. BlackBerry was North American high quality standards based, TCL is a mid range manufacturer. Fingers crossed.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-03-19 06:51 PM

it is as it is and it doesn't matter how much your PC was triggered on a word "garbage" just make argument on why it is not a garbage instead of attacking me with personal dispute on your hurt feelings on a word "garbage". You do not make any argument, you just changing the topic in which I'm not interested.
    Bro, do you actually think that in 2019, the general public knows what the BB logo stands for?

Every single person that has asked me / had interest in my KEY berries did so because they saw a full QWERTY keyboard when no one else offers one.

No one has ever came up to me and asked about the phone when it was lying face down.

Therefore, adding a silver logo instead of black won't really do a damn thing to boost sales of a device.
    TgeekB likes this.
    04-03-19 07:05 PM
    Bro, do you actually think that in 2019, the general public knows what the BB logo stands for?

Every single person that has asked me / had interest in my KEY berries did so because they saw a full QWERTY keyboard when no one else offers one.

No one has ever came up to me and asked about the phone when it was lying face down.

Therefore, adding a silver logo instead of black won't really do a damn thing to boost sales of a device.
    Just food for thought, RIM/Blackberry had at one time 21 million subscribers, long time ago by technology standards, granted. Would those folks recognize the Silver Iconic logo, I believe so. BlackBerry has stated and some of the Guru's here have reiterated that BB10 is dead, and it will soon be. How many BlackBerry users are still not on the new Key platform? That, my Freind, would be low hanging fruit for a company that is struggling to increase market share and starving for profits. Would the Iconic Silver Logo be the differentiator? No! Would it be instantly recognizable to a nostalgic clientèle, Yes! It just makes sense to stay the course. All this of course is predicated on TCL making a good product!
    04-03-19 07:29 PM
    Just food for thought, RIM/Blackberry had at one time 21 million subscribers, long time ago by technology standards, granted. Would those folks recognize the Silver Iconic logo, I believe so. BlackBerry has stated and some of the Guru's here have reiterated that BB10 is dead, and it will soon be. How many BlackBerry users are still not on the new Key platform? That, my Freind, would be low hanging fruit for a company that is struggling to increase market share and starving for profits. Would the Iconic Silver Logo be the differentiator? No! Would it be instantly recognizable to a nostalgic clientèle, Yes! It just makes sense to stay the course. All this is of course is predicated on TCL making a good product!
    Sure, to someone that stuck around during the dark years (BB10) will recognize the logo, geekheads that were real Crackberries back then will also, but to a general consumer that put his BBOS device down back in 2012 and never picked another one up since?
    I seriously doubt it.
    04-03-19 07:31 PM
    Sure, to someone that stuck around during the dark years (BB10) will recognize the logo, geekheads that were real Crackberries back then will also, but to a general consumer that put his BBOS device down back in 2012 and never picked another one up since?
    I seriously doubt it.
    I hear you and respect your opinion, however our BlackBerry's are not marketed to the general consumer. That has not been their strategy through marketing, ads, social media and even here. One day, perhaps, but for the foreseeable critical future of BlackBerry, they need the nostalgic enthusiast back in great numbers to ensure future success. For now.
    Last edited by Crusader03; 04-03-19 at 07:52 PM.
    04-03-19 07:37 PM
    I hear you and respect your opinion, however our BlackBerry's are not marketed to the general consumer. That has not been their strategy through marketing, ads, social media and even here. One day, perhaps, but for the foreseeable critical future of BlackBerry, they need the nostalgic enthusiast back in great numbers to ensure future success. For now.
    Nostalgia is nice for the few people on here, but not enough to gain millions of users.
    Most people have moved on since the days that BB was the leader. I think we can only hope that a niche market can keep PKB devices alive for the small amount of us that still want them.
    04-03-19 08:07 PM
    Nostalgia is nice for the few people on here, but not enough to gain millions of users.
    Most people have moved on since the days that BB was the leader. I think we can only hope that a niche market can keep PKB devices alive for the small amount of us that still want them.
    Agreed, I left BlackBerry after the 9900. Seeing the Silver Logo on the K1 on my Facebook feed is what tweaked my interest and resulted in owning both the K1 and the K2. I assure you, I am not unique to this consumer behaviour.
    04-03-19 08:14 PM
    should be silver on a black phone and stop making silver phones lol
    04-03-19 08:22 PM

You use garbage and nonsense as your best descriptive argument against a styling choice BBMo made, then say I was triggered. LoL! Please, if there was a personal attack in my post, report it and be specific. I'm no more above the rules than anyone else here.

As for that style choice, I'm a fan, as you can see from my tool box:

IMO, the black BlackBerry logo is garbage.-img_20190403_180146120.jpg

Brand recognition is the manufacturer's problem, not mine. There are many examples of stealth logo implementation. I presume in BBMo's mind, as others have said, the keyboard says BlackBerry loud enough for anyone to see.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    04-03-19 09:05 PM
    You use garbage and nonsense as your best descriptive argument against a styling choice BBMo made, then say I was triggered. LoL! Please, if there was a personal attack in my post, report it and be specific. I'm no more above the rules than anyone else here.

As for that style choice, I'm a fan, as you can see from my tool box:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190403_180146120.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	150.8 KB 
ID:	443708

Brand recognition is the manufacturer's problem, not mine. There are many examples of stealth logo implementation. I presume in BBMo's mind, as others have said, the keyboard says BlackBerry loud enough for anyone to see.
    Not from the back it doesn't! Just sayin! Nice tool box by the way! Cheers,
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-03-19 09:28 PM
    I do think that BlackBerry at a minimum, has brand guidelines as TCL is only allowed to license the use of the silver or black logo. I think BB should loosen up a bit and allow other colours. How sick would the LE Atomic or KEY2 Red Edition look with a red logo on the back?
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-03-19 09:33 PM
69 123