BlackBerry logo was always in silver on whatever color BB device and BlackBerry logo is one of the nicest phone logos in the market and make it invisible by making it black on black is a nonsense, who's thinking the same?

BBMo must make BB logo visible again!
    03-18-19 04:31 PM
    BlackBerry logo was always in silver on whatever color BB device and BlackBerry logo is one of the nicest phone logos in the market and make it invisible by making it black on black is a nonsense, who's thinking the same?

It's silver on the silver model, and black on the black model. People seemed to like that on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so they did it again.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-18-19 06:31 PM
    Yes, the previous BlackBerry devices had a logo that was silver and I was okay with that. I'm also fine with the logo being black on my Black KEY2. I like the subtlety of the logo personally.

I know it's a BlackBerry and that is what matters the most... to me.

Bob
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-18-19 06:48 PM
    I agree with the OP. Maybe it would've been less of an issue if the word "BlackBerry" was written on the front of the device, like on older models (Passport, etc.).
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    03-18-19 06:52 PM
    I have a black Keyone and I like how subtle the all black look is personally.

Also, the all black look has not stopped people from recognizing that it is a Blackberry either.
    Bob80220, Gajja and IceCreamPlz like this.
    03-18-19 08:43 PM

Those older Berry's all had some kind of silver-ish or chrome-ish frame around it, as well as chrome frets so it made sense to have a matching logo.
    But on the Black KEYone or KEY2, a silver logo wouldn't match anything else on the device so I don't really see the necessity.

For example, on my slate LE, I would really have wanted silver frets on the keyboard to match the rear logo and camera ring.
    But since there are no silver frets, then I don't really care to have the silver logo.

That being said, I would be curious to see if chrome frets from the silver KEYone would fit my LE, but I'm not feeling adventurous enough to try prying them out
    03-18-19 08:51 PM

Also, the all black look has not stopped people from recognizing that it is a Blackberry either.
    + 1

Love the stealthy look of the black K2.
    IceCreamPlz likes this.
    03-18-19 09:27 PM
    + 1

Agreed... in comparison to all the slab devices the Black KEY2 looks freakin awesome... especially with the PKB front and center... 👍

I don't need no stinkin silver logo!!!

Bob
    03-18-19 09:32 PM

Why do you insist on words like "garbage", and "nonsense"? What good does silly hyperbole accomplish?

As you can see so far in this thread, there are sensible people on both sides of this aesthetic design choice.
    Sigewif and TgeekB like this.
    03-19-19 03:28 AM
    From a marketing stand point... a logo on the front and back that stands out is the wiser move.

From an aesthetic stand point.... no really visible logo looks the best.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    03-19-19 07:19 AM
    Or, for KEY3 they could do like the Razor phone and make the rear logo be like an LED notification light, that's highly customizable
    03-19-19 09:21 AM
    Familiar with the term....

"First world problems" ?
    BigBadWulf and TgeekB like this.
    03-19-19 11:52 AM
    Yes, the previous BlackBerry devices had a logo that was silver and I was okay with that. I'm also fine with the logo being black on my Black KEY2. I like the subtlety of the logo personally.

I know it's a BlackBerry and that is what matters the most... to me.

Bob
    De gustibus et coloribus non est disputandum.
    Bob80220 and BigBadWulf like this.
    03-19-19 02:09 PM
    Why do you insist on words like "garbage", and "nonsense"? What good does silly hyperbole accomplish?

As you can see so far in this thread, there are sensible people on both sides of this aesthetic design choice.
    Yes, thank you for correcting my thread, it is IMHO.

I just leave these two comparisons here

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvJ-DTko...d=wzqcc52qm0lb

And

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt_hFQvj...d=a8zsnbrwm48c

for you to judge of brand recognition. Can you see the difference?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrqDF5Vh...d=tghftzsidvu4
    03-19-19 03:06 PM

Yes, I can agree here are too many people who defend whatever BBMo delivers.
    03-19-19 03:20 PM

for you to judge of brand recognition. Can you see the difference?
    You only implied aesthetics in your first post ("one of the nicest phone logos in the market") - not maximizing recognition.

If the latter was your strick intent, then ok.

You can still provide your opinion without the words "garbage" or "nonsense".
    03-19-19 03:21 PM
    Yes, I can agree here are too many people who defend whatever BBMo delivers.
    Why denigrate their opinions with further verbal nonsense? Be respectful - we're all on the same team.
    Bob80220 and jamesharmeling like this.
    03-19-19 03:23 PM
    It's silver on the silver model, and black on the black model. People seemed to like that on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ, so they did it again.
    I would argue, IMHO people including me mostly choose KEYone BE just because of 4GB RAM.

Black on Black logo was a real disappointment for me like BB was ashamed to make logo visible on this kind of internal hardware.
    Shell is solid like a tank tough, KEY2 wouldn't survive so many drops like my KEYone BE did without a damage.
    03-19-19 03:31 PM
    Shell is solid like a tank tough, KEY2 wouldn't survive so many drops like my KEYone BE did without a damage.
    I guess someone would have to do a full statistical assessment to determine that.

The KEY² certainly passed jerryrigs' tests though.

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...rability-tests
    Bob80220 likes this.
    03-19-19 03:32 PM
    I like the subtlety of the logo personally.

Black on Black logo was a real disappointment for me like BB was ashamed to make logo visible on this kind of internal hardware.
    Ok. To each his own.
    Bob80220 and the_boon like this.
    03-19-19 03:35 PM
    Why denigrate their opinions with further verbal nonsense? Be respectful - we're all on the same team.
    I did not say any personal insult of whatever PC was just triggered. If you're making any subjective personal conclusion judgment it is your right to do so, but do not put your conclusions what you subjectively understand and make like I said it. Conite, with all respect, You just denigrate mine opinion by calling it verbal nonsense.

I just submitted a fact that here in CrackBerry too much people defend whatever BBMo delivers.

For ex. If KEY2 black was opposite with silver logo and someone said it should have black logo, all these people would go auto-defence with "noooo it's very nice what BBMo did", "I wanted a ****ty selfie and backend camera, I do not care about it", "high price? it is a niche device duhh", "capacitive navigation buttons are very convenient", etc, does it make sense what I'm saying?

IMHO this kind of auto-defence trolling is more harmful then helpful and I do not want to see KEY3 still with all the same weaknesses like KEYone was because this kind of "defence" encouraged BBMo to make KEY2 which did not cover any of previous model weaknesses and in some points become even worse. Make sense?

Exactly, we all are on the same team, this is why all opinions should be respected. Deleting or attacking on any inconvenient or at this point.. mine "non PC opinion" in your subjective perception, eliminates any possible discussion.

FYI, no real discussion is possible by not making someone sound offensive at some point, like you just obviously offend me by your conclusion that my opinion for you is a verbal nonsense, what makes you the right to be disrespectful with me? It is a little inconvenient too, isn't so?

I am here for the real discussions not small talks and I am not afraid to be "offended" in some points until it doesn't goes to the personal insults.

We all are here to discuss about pros and cons freely with no harmful personal intentions on any CB member in general, doesn't we?

By bringing that I'm disrespectful in pointing on too many unduly defence from others on whatever BBMo delivers I hope to hear objective objection based on facts not on hurt feelings. Does it make a point? Otherwise, if this forum is only about small talk PC rainbow worship whatever BS BBMo does.. General CB articles comment sections for this rainbow worship be just fine.. forum soon become left only by marketing salesman bragging about "perfect niche product" for random newbie visitor or maybe it's like this already? Hm
    03-19-19 05:57 PM
    I did not say any personal insult of whatever PC was just triggered. If you're making any subjective personal conclusion judgment it is your right to do so, but do not put your conclusions what you subjectively understand and make like I said it. Conite, with all respect, You just denigrate mine opinion by calling it verbal nonsense.

I just submitted a fact that here in CrackBerry too much people defend whatever BBMo delivers.

For ex. If KEY2 black was opposite with silver logo and someone said it should have black logo, all these people would go auto-defence with "noooo it's very nice what BBMo did", "I wanted a ****ty selfie and backend camera, I do not care about it", "high price? it is a niche device duhh", "capacitive navigation buttons are very convenient", etc, does it make sense what I'm saying?

IMHO this kind of auto-defence trolling is more harmful then helpful and I do not want to see KEY3 still with all the same weaknesses like KEYone was because this kind of "defence" encouraged BBMo to make KEY2 which did not cover any of previous model weaknesses and in some points become even worse. Make sense?

Exactly, we all are on the same team, this is why all opinions should be respected. Deleting or attacking on any inconvenient or at this point.. mine "non PC opinion" in your subjective perception, eliminates any possible discussion.

FYI, no real discussion is possible by not making someone sound offensive at some point, like you just obviously offend me by your conclusion that my opinion for you is a verbal nonsense, what makes you the right to be disrespectful with me? It is a little inconvenient too, isn't so?

I am here for the real discussions not small talks and I am not afraid to be "offended" in some points until it doesn't goes to the personal insults.

We all are here to discuss about pros and cons freely with no harmful personal intentions on any CB member in general, doesn't we?

By bringing that I'm disrespectful in pointing on too many unduly defence from others on whatever BBMo delivers I hope to hear objective objection based on facts not on hurt feelings. Does it make a point? Otherwise, if this forum is only about small talk PC rainbow worship whatever BS BBMo does.. General CB articles comment sections for this rainbow worship be just fine.. forum soon become left only by marketing salesman bragging about "perfect niche product" for random newbie visitor or maybe it's like this already? Hm
    It's one thing to say "I personally don't like black on black, and think BBMo should consider the promotional aspect of the logo", as opposed to "this is garbage, this is nonsense, and it is pro-BBMo trolling to think otherwise".

You are absolutely entitled to your personal tastes, or opinions on corporate strategy. But disagreeing with you should also be politefully permitted and respected.
    Last edited by conite; 03-19-19 at 07:32 PM.
    Sigewif and TgeekB like this.
    03-19-19 06:00 PM
    I guess someone would have to do a full statistical assessment to determine that.

The KEY² certainly passed jerryrigs' tests though.

https://crackberry.com/blackberry-ke...rability-tests
    I was talking about fallings. Zero drops was given in this video.
    03-19-19 06:03 PM
    I was talking about fallings. Zero drops was given in this video.
    Your statement was, the "KEY² wouldn't survive so many drops". Based on your gut does not a generalization make.
    03-19-19 06:07 PM
    + 1

But, but, hang on here fellas, hang on: I am willing to trade the black stealthy looking BlackBerry logo for a fully functioning as intended PKB! Heck, I will take a pink one too if I had to...
    Last edited by RK_BB; 03-19-19 at 06:24 PM.
    03-19-19 06:10 PM
69 123