I am currently using Key2 LE and enjoy it quite a bit. I am coming from Black Edition KeyOne. On the LE I do miss the capacitive touch keyboard and battery life. I see a reasonably priced Key2 in my area and am curious about a few things...

1) Is the speed of Key2 'significant' over the Key2 LE or just 'marginal'?

2) It was suggested I only keep no more than 2 or 3 apps open at a time to reduce slowdown. Is this also an issue with Key2?

3) How is the keyboard typing experience compared to the Key2 LE?

4) Is the capacitive touch keyboard sensitivity and accuracy as good or better than the KeyOne?

5) Is the battery life more comparable to the KeyOne or Key2 LE?

For me, I should be able to get a good price for my Key2 LE as it's the 64gb version with dual SIM. That can help counter the some of cost of the Key2. I'm hoping I can get good feedback on my above questions to help me determine if it's worth the jump for me. Thanks in advance!
    05-16-20 08:54 AM
    I am currently using Key2 LE and enjoy it quite a bit. I am coming from Black Edition KeyOne. On the LE I do miss the capacitive touch keyboard and battery life. I see a reasonably priced Key2 in my area and am curious about a few things...

1) Is the speed of Key2 'significant' over the Key2 LE or just 'marginal'?

2) It was suggested I only keep no more than 2 or 3 apps open at a time to reduce slowdown. Is this also an issue with Key2?

3) How is the keyboard typing experience compared to the Key2 LE?

4) Is the capacitive touch keyboard sensitivity and accuracy as good or better than the KeyOne?

5) Is the battery life more comparable to the KeyOne or Key2 LE?

For me, I should be able to get a good price for my Key2 LE as it's the 64gb version with dual SIM. That can help counter the some of cost of the Key2. I'm hoping I can get good feedback on my above questions to help me determine if it's worth the jump for me. Thanks in advance!
    Performance is better, but not spectacularly so.

The extra 2GB of ram will definitely improve your "open" app issue. If you can do 2-3 now, you'll be able to at least double (or maybe triple) that.

Keyboard is another 10% bigger than the LE. I have no issues with scrolling or swiping back. I don't use word selection much.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-16-20 09:20 AM
    Performance is better, but not spectacularly so.

The extra 2GB of ram will definitely improve your "open" app issue. If you can do 2-3 now, you'll be able to at least double (or maybe triple) that.

Keyboard is another 10% bigger than the LE. I have no issues with scrolling or swiping back. I don't use word selection much.
    I used the swipe back to delete words all the time on the KeyOne. Also, double tapping on the keyboard to move cursor in text, I used a bit too. I really miss those. Playing with the Priv recently reminded me of how much I enjoyed that. Sweeping up on words works great on the Priv. I do recall some issues with consistency on the KeyOne, but wasn't a deal breaker.

One thing I would be looking forward to if buying the Key2 is a better selection of cases. Key2 LE's case selection is very weak.
    05-16-20 09:35 AM
    KEY2 will solve all your problems. I hope to keep mine for at least 2 more years and hopefully more
    05-17-20 09:10 PM
    I just nabbed a refurbished Key2 off eBay.ca for $650 and taxes. Hopefully should get it in a week or 2. It's the BBF100-6 model, but I hear it works on Canadian networks like Rogers.

The frustrating thing with eBay is I couldn't find the the seller through eBay. I found by searching through Google, it listed his ad first. The buyer still has 3 remaining.
    05-18-20 10:29 AM
    I just nabbed a refurbished Key2 off eBay.ca for $650 and taxes. Hopefully should get it in a week or 2. It's the BBF100-6 model, but I hear it works on Canadian networks like Rogers.

The frustrating thing with eBay is I couldn't find the the seller through eBay. I found by searching through Google, it listed his ad first. The buyer still has 3 remaining.
    Damn that's expensive. Hope you didn't get the Indian variant.
    05-18-20 10:38 AM
    Damn that's expensive. Hope you didn't get the Indian variant.
    Yes, it's the Indian variant.$650 Canadian is the cheapest I can find in Canada. $900+ is the going rate.
    05-18-20 10:55 AM
    Yes, it's the Indian variant.$650 Canadian is the cheapest I can find in Canada. $900+ is the going rate.
    Omg. Send it back.
    05-18-20 10:59 AM
    Omg. Send it back.
    Not everyone cares about patches.... (or 911 being tied to the power button).
    05-18-20 11:07 AM
    Omg. Send it back.
    I apologize, I actually don't know if it's the Indian variant or not since I don't have the phone. The instant I get the phone, I will check.
    05-18-20 11:37 AM
    I apologize, I actually don't know if it's the Indian variant or not since I don't have the phone. The instant I get the phone, I will check.
    There are 45 variants of the BBF100-6, only one of which is the Indian variant.
    05-18-20 11:43 AM
    There are 45 variants of the BBF100-6, only one of which is the Indian variant.
    I assume the Indian variant is not getting updates like the other variants?
    05-18-20 11:45 AM
    I assume the Indian variant is not getting updates like the other variants?
    The last OS we can put on the Indian variant is from April 2019.

The others have, so far, March 2020.
    05-18-20 11:51 AM

Yikes!

I have contacted the seller.

I mentioned that if it's the Indian variant, cancel the purchase.

If I want a phone without security updates for the last year, I'd get a KeyOne and save some money.
    05-18-20 11:54 AM
    Yikes!

I have contacted the seller.

I mentioned that if it's the Indian variant, cancel the purchase.

If I want a phone without security updates for the last year, I'd get a KeyOne and save some money.
    It's PRD-63828-031 that you DON'T want then.
    DOCTOREVIL8 and pgg101 like this.
    05-18-20 11:58 AM

My Hong Kong variant is still rocking the November 2019 OTA. But I retired my K2 back on February so I don't really care anymore.
    05-18-20 12:13 PM
    My Hong Kong variant is still rocking the November 2019 OTA. But I retired my K2 back on February so I don't really care anymore.
    Sure, but you can load March manually. No problem.
    05-18-20 12:16 PM
    Sure, but you can load March manually. No problem.
    I'm too old and lazy for that kind of tinkering. It just needs to work out of the box. There are days I miss the K2 keyboard, but they are further and farther apart. Everything just works so well and smoothly on my Pixel.
    05-18-20 12:21 PM
    It's PRD-63828-031 that you DON'T want then.
    The eBay seller confirmed the phone is the Indian variant that does not get recent updates. They cancelled the order without issue.
    pgg101 likes this.
    05-19-20 04:49 AM
    The eBay seller confirmed the phone is the Indian variant that does not get recent updates. They cancelled the order without issue.
    On Amazon USA, GoTalk has slightly used Key2 listed $451 USD as of 30 minutes ago.
    05-19-20 04:56 AM
    On Amazon USA, GoTalk has slightly used Key2 listed $451 USD as of 30 minutes ago.
    I think that's gone now. Most others won't even ship to Canada. I would prefer complete in box too. This limits my options.
    05-19-20 05:45 AM
    I think that's gone now. Most others won't even ship to Canada. I would prefer complete in box too. This limits my options.
    Still there on Amazon USA site. I'm not sure if ships to Canada or not but that's because I live here in Florida until I can find an island to buy.....
    05-20-20 06:58 AM
    Keep your eyes peeled on Amazon, eBay, and even Kijiji. You'll find one... eventually.
    There's a new silver on Kijiji in GTA right now...for $700 though.
    DOCTOREVIL8 likes this.
    05-20-20 08:58 AM
    Keep your eyes peeled on Amazon, eBay, and even Kijiji. You'll find one... eventually.
    There's a new silver on Kijiji in GTA right now...for $700 though.
    Appreciate that. That phone was $640 last week when I messaged the guy. He's not quick to respond and didn't even answer my question when I asked which variant it was. And now this week, it's $700.

Almost as bad as I guy I contacted about a Unihertz Titan. Listed for $350 as brand new, never opened (this is $350 Canadian, so not a bad price). I agreed to buy for his asking price, then he changed the price to $380, stating it's a typo. I said fine still interested. Then his ad changes that it's been used twice and now no box. I told him, not interested anymore. He tells me he's going to keep it anyway and pulls his ad. One day later, he's listed again for $400.

I made the decision to buy the Unihertz Titan direct from their own website. At least I'll get a warranty and no BS.
    05-20-20 09:18 AM