After probably 12 months away from BlackBerry, having enjoyed Samsung flagship and the latest from Apple. I gave in, and returned to the fold. I re-purchased a BlackBerry Key2 in silver. I've come home so to speak. Whilst the flagship have wonderful features, it's the Key2 from BlackBerry mobile, that brings a smile to my face as I use it. It's the phone, that catches a lot of attention, amongst a plethora of flagship apples and Samsung's. So in 2019, the Key2 is still a solid, productive highly enjoyable device to use.
    conite, Sigewif, bh7171 and 5 others like this.
    11-19-19 05:34 PM
    Welcome back

Where did you buy your new silver KEY2?
    11-19-19 06:48 PM
    should've never left!
    11-19-19 08:27 PM
    it's true, but it's a sweet experience returning. I purchased it from an independent retailer.
    11-19-19 11:35 PM
    IT'S NOT "we" who left.
    IT WAS BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    falbo and SoundChaser007 like this.
    11-20-19 01:11 AM
    Welcome back

Where did you buy your new silver KEY2?
    I purchased it from an independent retailer. The build date is June 2018. Purchased sealed and brand new. No issues whatsoever. Spacebar is tight and as I would expect it to perform.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-20-19 09:45 AM
    I purchased it from an independent retailer. The build date is June 2018. Purchased sealed and brand new. No issues whatsoever. Spacebar is tight and as I would expect it to perform.
    Ok great! which day exactly of June?
    11-20-19 10:47 AM
    I'm also back from a Samsung to a wonderful KEY2 LE Best choice ever
    the_boon, Sigewif and Bob80220 like this.
    11-21-19 03:51 PM
    The flagships and new releases are enticing and ok for a bit but then they get boring and are "just a slab" and well all slabs do everything the same except maybe for speed here and there. I traded my S7 for the S9 in March of '18. S9 is a dang good slab and I have zero qualms. But when I saw the BE KeyOne's on sale last January I just had to have one. I missed my Classic PKB and shortcuts. My BE 100 percent filled my void. It does so much so well and with two day battery life. Now if they would just throw us another OS version and continued security patches. That being said it does not change my thoughts of this great hardware and form factor for my needs.
    Sigewif likes this.
    11-21-19 11:24 PM
    I purchased my key2 in July 18th 2018 and still enjoying it so much as my primary phone (Even if I typed this comment from my BlackBerry Q10 that is still in very good shape ! )

Posted via CB10
    Sigewif likes this.
    11-22-19 01:35 AM
    After probably 12 months away from BlackBerry, having enjoyed Samsung flagship and the latest from Apple. I gave in, and returned to the fold. I re-purchased a BlackBerry Key2 in silver. I've come home so to speak. Whilst the flagship have wonderful features, it's the Key2 from BlackBerry mobile, that brings a smile to my face as I use it. It's the phone, that catches a lot of attention, amongst a plethora of flagship apples and Samsung's. So in 2019, the Key2 is still a solid, productive highly enjoyable device to use.
    Welcome back! I appreciate the feedback from your experience of having "tried the rest and returned to the best."
    I love the KEY2 as well. I have had one since late June.
    11-22-19 04:53 AM
    I've never left ... Classic to PRIV to Key2 - adapting to Android was confusing at times, but I made it.
    Then, the Key2's keyboard ... WOW.

When I ordered my Key2 it came with 6G of memory and speed has never been an issue, meaning that the "extra capability" of the competition "Flagship" slabs just doesn't mean anything to me.

Hopefully more BB phones lurk in the future.
    11-22-19 11:38 AM
    I am thinking this is the last Blackberry unless Chen pulls the trigger again we can only hope. A Bold like device with top specs would sell very well.
    11-22-19 08:11 PM
    Chen will pull no trigger! He was never a BlackBerry phone enthusiast! He has no loyalty to the Iconic BlackBerry Phone brand! He has no passion for the licensee's either! He is not a visionary! He strikes me as a bit of an idiot savant! Stocks are dropping like a rock! He says silly things in interviews! He is at best a bargain basement CEO! Hopefully the board will wise up, or not! Comments no doubt will emphasize new businesses and business model, I would once again mention the Stock direction and soon investor confidence! Now please by all means point out how wrong I am!

Posted via my Passport
    elfabio80 likes this.
    11-22-19 08:51 PM
    Chen will pull no trigger! He was never a BlackBerry phone enthusiast! He has no loyalty to the Iconic BlackBerry Phone brand! He has no passion for the licensee's either! He is not a visionary! He strikes me as a bit of an idiot savant! Stocks are dropping like a rock! He says silly things in interviews! He is at best a bargain basement CEO! Hopefully the board will wise up, or not! Comments no doubt will emphasize new businesses and business model, I would once again mention the Stock direction and soon investor confidence! Now please by all means point out how wrong I am!

Posted via my Passport
    If he sees money in making a device again he would do it but I dont see a device for the massed just a business device would be fine. If it secure and follows the original bold form it would be a winner. I know I would drop my iPhone for one as long as the specs are current with a great camera. Never say never this world is fast moving and anything is possible.
    11-22-19 09:08 PM
    I would be one of the first in line! Unfortunately, he's not the guy to get that done even if it were possible!
    Don't get me wrong, I have a K2 also, I'm using a Passport, that speaks volumes!

Posted via my Passport
    11-22-19 09:12 PM
    Chen is and for that matter always has been a software guy. That’s why Prem Watsa put him in charge of BlackBerry at time. Institutional shareholders don’t want the resources wasted on BlackBerry hardware or even software since demand isn’t enough for positive returns.
    11-22-19 11:01 PM
    Good choice! I couldn't change Key2 for no samsung or iPhone, so I am stuck with it...and I like it!!!
    Bob80220 and the_boon like this.
    11-23-19 12:13 PM
    I have been thinking of coming back to Blackberry as I used to rock the Z30 and before that the Bold 9900 and on and on. My question is how has everyone adjusted to the aspect ratio and smaller screen
    11-23-19 12:15 PM
    I have been thinking of coming back to Blackberry as I used to rock the Z30 and before that the Bold 9900 and on and on. My question is how has everyone adjusted to the aspect ratio and smaller screen
    If you're into media consumption, you probably never will adjust.

The Key series is really just a platform built around its keyboard. Typing has to be your top priority.
    Last edited by conite; 11-23-19 at 02:16 PM.
    TgeekB likes this.
    11-23-19 12:18 PM
    The key2 is a great device just not up to date with the latest specs. I have always kept a blackberry as a secondary device due to the keyboard. As I have said before if they came out with a new bold with top specs and camera it would sell like hotcakes.
    11-23-19 01:16 PM
    If you're into media consumption, you probably never will adjust.

The Key series is really just a platform built around its keyboard. Typing has to be your top priority.
    I think the battery life is also worth mentioning. 2 days on my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne is exceptional and exceeds any mobile smartphone I have owned. The PKB and shortcuts are excellent. I think the screen to keyboard ratio is damn near ideal. It's perfectly fine for watching the occasional YouTube and or any other video. I don't game on my smartphone nor do I watch movies on one. I have a '65 TV, 10 in tablet and XBox for those leisure activities.
    11-23-19 05:18 PM
    I think the battery life is also worth mentioning. 2 days on my Black Edition Blackberry KeyOne is exceptional and exceeds any mobile smartphone I have owned. The PKB and shortcuts are excellent. I think the screen to keyboard ratio is damn near ideal. It's perfectly fine for watching the occasional YouTube and or any other video. I don't game on my smartphone nor do I watch movies on one. I have a '65 TV, 10 in tablet and XBox for those leisure activities.
    I have never had 2 days of battery life on any of my BlackBerry phones. The most screen on time I get is 4 to 5hours. Correction I get 3 to 4 days on my LE that sits in my home office as a media Player but that doesn't count
    11-23-19 07:46 PM
    Ok great! which day exactly of June?
    18th.
    the_boon likes this.
    11-24-19 08:01 PM