feels amazing to have up to date software.
    It sure does, but it feels even better to have a real QWERTY to enjoy every single word typed.
    10-10-19 10:10 PM
    been thinking about this a lot lately actually. Unihertz Titan would be fun to try, but if it was garbage (I have my suspicions) probably Nokia or Moto. Something I can unlock the bootloader and flash my own OS when support gets dropped.
    10-11-19 10:41 PM
    This thread has been the most useful... I need a replacement for my priv... i got it second hand and it's showing its age...

I personally would never ever go to Apple... just hate it. I was thinking of Samsung S10+ and was looking at those Chinese brands (Umidigi and Redmi) but I forgot about Sony and Nokia. So, I will add them to my potential list of phones.

My basic requirement on the phone must have:
    SD card slot
    audio jack
    reasonable price

would anyone buy renew phones from Amazon?
    10-12-19 12:17 PM
    This thread has been the most useful... I need a replacement for my priv... i got it second hand and it's showing its age...

I personally would never ever go to Apple... just hate it. I was thinking of Samsung S10+ and was looking at those Chinese brands (Umidigi and Redmi) but I forgot about Sony and Nokia. So, I will add them to my potential list of phones.

SD card slot
    audio jack
    reasonable price

Reasonable price is subjective based on what’s important to you spec-wise.
    As far as the SD card slot and the audio jack, those appear to be getting phased out. At some point, like PKB or slider, OEMs and consumer treat as potential failure point than feature desired. Even now, most OEMs treat as only for mid-tier and lower priced hardware. Internal storage and cloud storage are being refined to create better experience for users. Same thing on wireless headphones using Bluetooth pairing.
    10-12-19 12:24 PM
    would get the sony phones over both
    10-12-19 07:26 PM

SD card slot
    audio jack
    reasonable price

You might want to consider a phone with larger internal storage that's fast UFS 3.0 (Note 10, OnePlus 7/T lines) unless you have some special need to remove the disk. In that case the Note 10+ would get you up to 512 GB internal plus up to 256 GB removable storage. OnePlus 7T is a good option except no headphone jack.
    10-12-19 08:18 PM
    iOS with no hesitation or doubt!

Posted via my Passport
    elfabio80 likes this.
    10-12-19 11:17 PM
    Probably a Samsung because Im invested in the Microsoft ecosystem. Google and Android play nicer with Microsoft then Apple.
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-13-19 12:12 AM
    Don't buy either .

Right now, that MS Duo looks interesting , especially for lottery winners.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    10-13-19 03:45 AM
    Would consider the latest Razer phone. I don't play games, but I figure if that phone is good enough to play games, then it aughta be great for my boring every day stuff. Also has a pretty hefty battery. Razer Phone 2 is $400 US on Amazon.com right now. It's actually tempting.
    10-13-19 06:45 AM
    Would consider the latest Razer phone. I don't play games, but I figure if that phone is good enough to play games, then it aughta be great for my boring every day stuff. Also has a pretty hefty battery. Razer Phone 2 is $400 US on Amazon.com right now. It's actually tempting.
    Any mid ranger or flagship of the last 3 years is "good enough to play games".

I'd skip the Razor mostly for the uncomfortable sharp corners and huge top and bottom bezels/speakers.
    10-13-19 07:48 AM
    OP, as you can see by the replies, there are many choices that can fit your needs.
    I would go to a store and play with both Android and iPhone. Android does have, as someone mentioned, excellent mid tier devices. At the upper end both are excellent.
    Best of luck!
    10-13-19 08:02 AM
    I replaced it with a Pixel device.
    Byrese likes this.
    10-13-19 09:40 AM
    I replaced it with a Pixel device.
    Which one? Pixel 3?
    10-13-19 12:03 PM
    After my wife's keyone took a swim Friday evening, she got my key2 and I'm now sporting the Note 10+.

I was skeptical of the S-pen but now that I have tried it I'm impressed. It can read my Sloppy handwriting better than me.

... and the camera is incredible!!!
    Byrese and antony99 like this.
    10-13-19 12:08 PM
    After my wife's keyone took a swim Friday evening, she got my key2 and I'm now sporting the Note 10+.

I was skeptical of the S-pen but now that I have tried it I'm impressed. It can read my Sloppy handwriting better than me.

... and the camera is incredible!!!
    How are you adjusting to the size from the key2?
    10-13-19 12:14 PM
    You might want to consider a phone with larger internal storage that's fast UFS 3.0 (Note 10, OnePlus 7/T lines) unless you have some special need to remove the disk. In that case the Note 10+ would get you up to 512 GB internal plus up to 256 GB removable storage. OnePlus 7T is a good option except no headphone jack.
    The note 10's in theory can support up to 2 terabytes on SD cards.
    Is even a few BlackBerry Key2's running one terabyte SD cards
    10-13-19 12:18 PM
    How are you adjusting to the size from the key2?
    It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I must say that I like it thus far. l only wish I had BB 10 gestures.
    10-13-19 12:20 PM
    ONEPLUS All THE WAY!!!!!

I have a Oneplus 3T and I have Android 9
    I think that says enough....

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    Byrese likes this.
    10-13-19 01:28 PM
    At this point, without a successor to the Key2 on the near horizon, I'd look at the Sony Xperia 1. If longer term (as in next year), I'm more intrigued by the Microsoft Surface Duo. I've had no problems with my Key2 whatsoever - no slowdowns, no app troubles, so I'll keep with it. I've had the iPhoneX, and my wife has the Note8, but I still find it easier to work with the Key2. I don't find either of the competitors to have great cameras - grainy, muddled pictures especially on the X. I gave that to my son - he's hoping for something better now.
    10-13-19 03:00 PM
    Sadly, I jumped ship a while ago, when my Dtek50 decided to stop receiving any signal. Reboots, factory resets, all would not sort the problem (tried 2 different sims, neither worked in the Dtek, but both work 100% in my Z10!!!)
    As there is no longer anything to purchase BB wise, and doesn't look as though that's going to change any day soon (unless its a year old 'cobbled together from spare parts' offering that 'might' work in the UK, but then again won't get any updates or patches) I have purchased a Nokia 7 plus, for £149 (UK) brand new. Came with 'O' but within 2 days of using it, it updated to 'P' and, apparently will get 'Q' as well!!
    Considering this is a brand new phone, in sealed box, for £149, and the prices for the key2 (when you can find one) range from £255 to over £450 2nd hand, and up to £700!!! for 'new' (old stock!!) then basically it's a no brainer...
    The Nokia is not a bad phone, (obviously better than the Dtek) and for the price, personally I think very good value for money. Same memory/storage as a Key2, and having had it for 2 weeks, am pleased with it, and at least secure in the knowledge I have a full years warranty from Nokia (having registered the phone with them) and will get regular updates as well as a possible OS update as well, all for less than a third of the price of a key2....
    This is my first 'non BB' phone since I bought a BB 8700 many years ago, and have always had BB since....sadly, no more....
    But, that's life, and so, onwards we go....
    elfabio80 and Laura Knotek like this.
    10-13-19 03:29 PM
    I am getting fed up with the functionality issues of the Key2. My main problems include:

1) word substitution not working much of the time

2) processor speed and memory constipation

3) mic/audio blur, not clear

4) apps not fully compatible (car won't integrate, many other apps which are ok for Android are "buggy" on the Key2.

5) sub-par camera quality

6) terrible video zoom / blurry video

I am hoping Key3 will be better but doubt it will be much better.

If you were to ditch BlackBerry, would you get a high end Samsung or iPhone XI?
    iPhone for me. I’ve been on the iPhone X for the past year now and I’ve been fairly satisfied. I think what always drew me to a BlackBerry in the first place was its unmatched communication. iMessage for me is a deal breaker.
    10-13-19 04:52 PM
    It hasn't been 24 hours yet but I must say that I like it thus far. l only wish I had BB 10 gestures.
    Check out One Hand Operation+ in Good Lock. That's what has helped me the most.
    10-13-19 07:26 PM
    I saw a Oneplus 7T Pro today . I can't lie, I was jealous. The screen was crazy.
    Last edited by Byrese; 10-13-19 at 09:14 PM.
    10-13-19 08:47 PM
    Check out One Hand Operation+ in Good Lock. That's what has helped me the most.
    Checkout two handed use on the Passport using BB10
    Lmao

Hammered out on my Precious Passport
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    10-13-19 09:04 PM
88 1234