I am getting fed up with the functionality issues of the Key2. My main problems include:

1) word substitution not working much of the time

2) processor speed and memory constipation

3) mic/audio blur, not clear

4) apps not fully compatible (car won't integrate, many other apps which are ok for Android are "buggy" on the Key2.

5) sub-par camera quality

6) terrible video zoom / blurry video

I am hoping Key3 will be better but doubt it will be much better.

If you were to ditch BlackBerry, would you get a high end Samsung or iPhone XI?
    10-06-19 06:58 PM
    i would get a iphone pro or oneplus device
    john_v and Smply_Rckless like this.
    10-06-19 07:02 PM
    Samsung Note or OnePlus phone. I lean Samsung, just like the improving experience and support.
    10-06-19 07:22 PM
    10-06-19 07:32 PM
    I would get the latest iPhone or Pixel. They are the only devices that have a long enough update lifecycle. Hardware and software integration is the best formula.
    Bbnivende and Smply_Rckless like this.
    10-06-19 08:07 PM
    If i had the same.interests I used to have when I was a K1 user, I would say iPhone, with no doubts. Actually I changed my K1 for an iPhone X. Now, however, I consider productivity a key factor, so I'm using a Note 10+. Without abandoning my iPhone, now my frequent used backup. My K1? Is in some place in my home, together with some old stuff I don't care anymore and which will be thrashed away in no time...
    10-06-19 08:59 PM
    Right now, if I were to leave BlackBerry, I'd get an F(x) Tec Pro 1 and nothing else

You couldn't possibly pay me to use an iSlab 11/Pro/Max.

If it had to be a standard piece of glass, it would be a Pixel 3.
    10-06-19 10:01 PM
    I just ditched my bb for a OnePlus 7. First non BlackBerry in 9 phones.
    john_v likes this.
    10-06-19 11:11 PM
    Neither of those would be on my list. There are many phones out there offering excellent specs for price.

I use a Nokia 6.1 (mid ranged specs + android one). I have zero slow downs, stutters or memory management issues. I run the BB hub and a windows launcher.

This phone has excellent build quality that is robust and attractive. No glass backs; nicely finished blue aluminium. It cost $210 USD and came with android 8. It currently runs pie and will receive 10 in several months.

I see zero improvement in my user experience by changing to a Samsung or iPhone.
    John Albert and john_v like this.
    10-06-19 11:28 PM
    For me I would find a used Sony Xperia compact, because all the other phones are too large for me. If I had to buy a new phone, I would wait for the Pixel 4 that ships with Android 10.

==========
    Composed and edited on the exceptional BlackBerry VKB on my trusty Z10. Any typographic errors, misspells, or grammatical errors are likely due to my inattention and lack of interest in word-perfect communications on an Internet tech fan forum.
    10-06-19 11:54 PM
    I just ditched my bb for a OnePlus 7. First non BlackBerry in 9 phones.
    How do you find it? It does have very good reviews.
    10-07-19 02:23 AM
    For me I would find a used Sony Xperia compact, because all the other phones are too large for me. If I had to buy a new phone, I would wait for the Pixel 4 that ships with Android 10.
    I used to love the Sony compact series, could be tempted back by the Xperia 5
    10-07-19 02:26 AM
    Without BlackBerry, I will take iOS device for sure.
    10-07-19 03:28 AM
    I would get a S10 or Note 10, or any samsung with dex support
    10-07-19 03:50 AM
    For me, I may go to Pixel or Nokia or Sony Xperia (or maybe Oneplus 7 pro).... updates are faster and specs far ahead than k2
    10-07-19 06:27 AM
    Pixel or Android One device.

I don't want to be locked in by Apple, and I much prefer stock Android to bloat or "re-imagining" .
    Last edited by conite; 10-07-19 at 10:50 AM.
    10-07-19 07:39 AM
    10-07-19 08:00 AM
    switch to a Note 10+ a couple weeks ago. First non bb phone in 13 years

main reason i went Samsung was:
    Samsung Pay (with MST)
    GoodLock options which allow you to customize a lot
    Apps Edge which is similar to the Productivity Tab, but better.
    Last edited by lonestar1135; 10-07-19 at 04:21 PM.
    10-07-19 08:40 AM
    Made my home screen look like a BB. Each key opens one app with a tap, and anther by swiping up on it. It's not as good of course, but good enough
    Attached Thumbnails If you were to ditch your KEY2, would you get a Samsung or an iPhone?-10119.jpg  
    10-07-19 08:43 AM
    It would be a pixal for me. Hoping that is not the case for a long while.

Blackberry KEY² Silver Edition
    Reg
    10-07-19 10:05 AM
    I took the Huawei Mate 20 as the second device beside my Keyone.
    Good build quality and camera.
    But typing on glass is not the same as a physical keyboard. I am looking forward to the Pro1 by fxtec.
    10-07-19 10:53 AM
    I took the Huawei Mate 20 as the second device beside my Keyone.
    Good build quality and camera.
    But typing on glass is not the same as a physical keyboard. I am looking forward to the Pro1 by fxtec.
    Say hi to Xi for me.
    10-07-19 10:59 AM
    I'd use Pixel or Android One device.

I'm currently using a Nokia 2.2. It's a $150 Android One phone released in June 2019. It will get 3 years of guaranteed updates - major OS updates until at least May 2021 and security updates until at least May 2022. It uses a clunky MediaTek chipset, so performance is far from flagship, but it handles what I need quite well, and battery life is fantastic. It also has a headphone jack, SD card slot, and removable battery.

I don't mind iPhones - I've used them off and on for many years and they excel at what they do. Their hardware and software are excellent in quality and performance. Many companies - including Google - release the newest versions of their apps to iOS first, and the iOS versions are often look and perform better than the Android versions.

However, Apple's walled garden is frustrating and annoying at times. For example, why can you set an Apple Music track as an alarm tone, but not as a ring tone? Why must you jump through a ridiculous amount of hoops or spend more money just to set a custom ringtone? Like so many other such annoyances Apple has created, it's an arbitrary restriction intended to extract more money from iPhone users and/or lock them into the Apple ecosystem. The ringtone thing may seem innocuous, but if someone spent a total of $50 on custom ringtones that they can ONLY use on an iPhone, they might think twice before switching to Android because they would lose access to those ringtones.

I also lament the iPhone's lack of a headphone jack and SD card slot. Thankfully, Android phones offer a variety of hardware configurations to suit most requirements and tastes. Even physical keyboards.
    10-07-19 11:29 AM
    I went OnePlus 7 Pro. Replaced my KEY2 and LG G8 with it. It's nice having only one phone to carry around and the software load is good. With the KEY2 all the way back on Android 8 and the G8 months away from seeing Android 10 it's refreshing to have an up to date device. Haven't had one since I gave up my Pixel 2 XL a few months ago. For me, the KEY2 is a fun phone to use and it is interesting because it is almost unique. I'm glad to have access to it but I don't think I'll be going back to it full time anytime soon.
    john_v likes this.
    10-07-19 01:49 PM
    Personally I like my new iPhone better than the old Samsung.... usage just seems simpler.

Tasker was a great 3rd party solution for Android, but iPhone Shortcuts are built in and compatible with many apps.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    10-07-19 01:58 PM
88 123 ...