Apparently so, although I haven't received it yet (Rogers, Canada)
    Well, I'm going to hold off on this sale then. The camera is the only issue I have. I'll hang tight for another few weeks and see what happens
    07-27-18 12:58 PM
    Well, I'm going to hold off on this sale then. The camera is the only issue I have. I'll hang tight for another few weeks and see what happens
    Me too. I think I can live with the space bar issue but not the camera.
    07-27-18 01:25 PM
    i just sold and shipped the phone off. i have a note 9 coming friday. excited to get it. its an excellent phone for business and play. you wont have to make any sacrifices with this phone.

gave the key2 a little more time to see if any improvements would come to the camera. doesnt seem like thats happening. i havent even seen BB acknowledge the fact that their camera is awful.

maybe next year, BB
    08-20-18 04:18 PM
    i just sold and shipped the phone off. i have a note 9 coming friday. excited to get it. its an excellent phone for business and play. you wont have to make any sacrifices with this phone.

gave the key2 a little more time to see if any improvements would come to the camera. doesnt seem like thats happening. i havent even seen BB acknowledge the fact that their camera is awful.

maybe next year, BB
    The Note 9 is a beast and combines all of Samsung top hardware. Of course you don't get the pkb but you do get other features. The Note and the Key series are definitely in different leagues and price points. Enjoy your new phone.
    jd3232 likes this.
    08-20-18 05:23 PM
    Count me in also. Sadly I returned my Key2 as apart from the usual “glitches” ( space bar, Bluetooth, camera etc issues) I had a terrible reception with calls being dropped off constantly. Loved the design and software but it seems that each unit has an extra bad surprise for the owner. Simply it’s not quite a BlackBerry yet... now I am enjoying my iPhone 8 Plus even without a PKB...
    08-20-18 05:31 PM
    Agreed the camera was a let-down. However, it does perform better if I manually lower the ISO.
    I like the rest of the phone too much to be bothered by this. Hoping for a few sweet software updates.

I do however like the document scanning feature.
    the_boon likes this.
    08-20-18 05:45 PM
    ...unless you like typing on real keys

"No matter how many fancy the glass, it still feels like typing on glass"

-Mr Mobile

However, PKB apart, the Note 9 does look dope. But remember, it costs a whole grand, + whatever you're gonna put in for cases/screen protector.
    08-21-18 04:18 AM
    I think they should have built at least a medium camera. This is a bad camera.
    The wobbly space bar + the poor camera are two things that make me return the device.
    I am really disappointing because i really like very much this device.
    08-21-18 05:48 AM
    Camera good enough for me. I'm not David Bailey
    JOHNGAETANO likes this.
    08-21-18 06:30 AM
    Agreed the camera was a let-down. However, it does perform better if I manually lower the ISO.
    I like the rest of the phone too much to be bothered by this. Hoping for a few sweet software updates.

I do however like the document scanning feature.
    Good info. I also lowered the iso and did get better pics. Thanks for your input
    08-21-18 10:59 AM
    I took these pics yesterday. Just opened the app and pressed click. Don't know how to use the settings.

They look decent enough to me.
    Attached Thumbnails I went ahead and sold...-img_20180821_1823325.jpg   I went ahead and sold...-img_20180821_1820457.jpg  
    08-22-18 02:13 AM
    What is actually sad: The Keyone seems to have a far better camera than it's successor, I even dare to say I wish they would have stayed with that camera before switching to a mediocre dual-camera setup. I also understand how important cameras are nowadays on a phone and, sadly, this is a 650€ device and one should expect a good quality for this price. Yet it seems to deliver about the same quality as the dual-camera setup of a Huawei P Smart or Honor 10 Lite. Both devices only cost a third of the Key2 so you simply expect there are drawbacks like camera quality.

I have also been eyeing the Note 9, however I don't want to give up on the K2 just yet. The camera is still ok for my needs but the still troubling keyboard is my main gripe. Question is what's better: A slightly flawed but otherwise very good PKB or a huge glass surface without flaws. S-Pen has always been nice but for me it always was more gimmicky while a PKB offers actual value.
    08-22-18 02:52 AM
    Well, the KEYone has a pretty slippery back compared to previous BB ltd devices. Also, the sides are rounded which makes it even easier to slip out of the hand. And above all, the damn keyboard is glossy, which previous BB's didn't have (p9983 excluded).

So... I'm not entirely disappointed at TCL's design team, especially since some of them are apparently former BB ltd employees.
    Plus the KEY²'s design is truly original. The KEY1's Frankenstein look was a mix of Passport (top) and iphonish or whatever else rounded sides. Thought it looked ugly, ordered it anyway and sent it back right away. The tacky glossy keyboard was probably the final touch, I agree.
    As usual, my totally unbiased personal opinion
    08-22-18 03:28 AM
    Plus the KEY²'s design is truly original. The KEY1's Frankenstein look was a mix of Passport (top) and iphonish or whatever else rounded sides. Thought it looked ugly, ordered it anyway and sent it back right away. The tacky glossy keyboard was probably the final touch, I agree.
    Interesting, I feel the exact opposite about KEY2 vs KEYone, had and tried a KEY2, sent it back and returned to a KEYone. I feel all aspects you pointed out in favor of KEY2 are superior on KEYone.
    08-22-18 05:45 AM
    When KEY² was announced, lots of people thought it looks like a big passport.
    08-22-18 06:33 AM

Question is what's better: A slightly flawed but otherwise very good PKB or a huge glass surface without flaws.
    The huge glass surface IS a flaw if you type alot

However, if you're gonna be VKB'ing, imo a big slab is always better than a small one. Grab an iPhone SE and a Note 9, switch off autocorrect and swype on both phones and I guarantee you the iPhone will be the one flying across the room.
    08-22-18 06:39 AM
    The huge glass surface IS a flaw if you type alot

However, if you're gonna be VKB'ing, imo a big slab is always better than a small one. Grab an iPhone SE and a Note 9, switch off autocorrect and swype on both phones and I guarantee you the iPhone will be the one flying across the room.
    Im equal in speed with touch and pkb. I will go as far to say that end of day going back to a display keyboard was much satisfying and relaxing after clicking buttons all day on the key two.

Although it matters very much which visual keyboard you use and the OS. earlier iOS versions were pretty awful. iOS 12 beta seems to be pretty darn good and accurate.

So I was digging to find old cables, and dug up the curve, bold 9900...I will confidence say that I rather type on display then use those keyboards. But my god how I miss the BOLD.........
    08-22-18 08:46 AM
    Im equal in speed with touch and pkb. I will go as far to say that end of day going back to a display keyboard was much satisfying and relaxing after clicking buttons all day on the key two.

Although it matters very much which visual keyboard you use and the OS. earlier iOS versions were pretty awful. iOS 12 beta seems to be pretty darn good and accurate.

So I was digging to find old cables, and dug up the curve, bold 9900...I will confidence say that I rather type on display then use those keyboards. But my god how I miss the BOLD.........
    You must be a rare exception, because usually the words "typing on glass/touchscreen" and "satisfying" don't go together.

Tapping glass feels stale.

However, a PKB does obviously require more force which is why device weight distribution and form factor is even more important with this type of input method
    08-22-18 09:56 AM
    You must be a rare exception, because usually the words "typing on glass/touchscreen" and "satisfying" don't go together.

Tapping glass feels stale.

However, a PKB does obviously require more force which is why device weight distribution and form factor is even more important with this type of input method
    A year after using KEYone, typing on the pkb between two languages (English and Chinese) is actually not as efficient as on vkb.
    08-22-18 06:47 PM
    You guys sound like you never used a Q10. Or a Classic. Or a Passport.
    As a professional photographer, I never did understand the obsession with camera phones. And just what is so important that you are photographing with a cellphone to begin with? All cell phone photos are crap. Thats why I carry a Ricoh GRD Digital. I wish they would stop including cameras on phones.
    08-22-18 10:59 PM
    A year after using KEYone, typing on the pkb between two languages (English and Chinese) is actually not as efficient as on vkb.
    Well, in your specific case, I could totally understand.

I'm guessing the real advantage is when using languages with Latin characters
    08-23-18 12:07 AM
    so the person i sold to is on Sprint. She says Sprint is telling her that they dont support the key2, but they do support the keyOne. Really Sprint??

i feel bad that she's stuck with a phone she cant use so i told her that i would refund her money if she ships it back.

looks like the key2 is coming back my way lol...dang!
    08-25-18 02:34 AM
    play with camera setting just like you use digital camera is key (someone already noted to lower the ISO helped) - if you use auto on digital camera - you get sub standard photo. In addition, there are preference of each user as for the image quality (besides of pixel counts - the sensor pixel structure got a lot to do with the quality. software can only do so much if the raw data is crapy... K2 camera is not bad, if software up date can fix some what). User preference some times is like two lily pond paintings by master M... IMHO.
    08-25-18 04:26 AM
    "lily pond painting" - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...rry-style.html
    as the painting's author stated - the intend is "for the pleasure of the eyes"... user eyes are not universal...
    however, Sony sensor appear to be good, design of optical path got a lot of to do with proper capture of the light. As simple as wrong selection of cover glass can set you back to lost of light around 5-7%. TCL should pay attention to anything in the optical path and the distance in between... best of luck. (since most of user likely not going to chance setting, the default setting might want to be some what "optimize", rather than flat... like Kodak film image rather than Fuji for example;-).
    08-25-18 04:49 AM
    I still find it amazing that people will bash one phone camera (I agree that K2 camera is just OK) and then carry another PHONE for their primary camera! Seriously, for the price of a phone with a great camera like that Pixel2, you can get a REAL camera that will blow the Pixel2 out of the water every time in every lighting condition.

Have we all lost sight to the fact that a phone is a PHONE with smart features, not a CAMERA with telephony?

I don't think I will be using a plastic butter knife to cut up perfect slices of cheese or fresh bread... even though it's a knife. Shouldn't it cut it as well as a professional cheese knife? Why is it so bad at it?!?!?
    08-25-18 10:26 PM
50 12