The phone has a physical keyboard right? So why did they keep the navigation bar in the bottom is the screen?? Can we just use some of the keys to navigate?

The beautiful screen is only enough if it's fully used. They have to remove the bar so we can enjoy. Be creative people...
    Attached Thumbnails I think they made a huge mistake-img_20180612_175401.jpg  
    Last edited by Nizar Maaroufi; 06-12-18 at 07:49 AM. Reason: typo in the title
    06-12-18 07:09 AM
    The phone has a physical keyboard right? So why did they keep the navigation bar in the bottom is the screen?? Can we just use some of the keys to navigate?

The beautiful screen is only enough if it's fully used. They have to remove the bar so we can enjoy. Be creative people...
    https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13205033
    06-12-18 07:12 AM
    It's never a mistake to hug.
    06-12-18 07:18 AM
    It's never a mistake to hug.
    Except when it's inappropriate
    06-12-18 07:34 AM
    Yes. And may I therefore suggest you reconsider your posting name before hugging again.
    Grabber5.0, kbz1960 and Carl Estes like this.
    06-12-18 07:39 AM
    Sorry for the typo guys... I am disappointed with the key2 honestly. I was waiting to buy one but now I'm not excited anymore...
    06-12-18 07:55 AM
    I think that physical 3 navigation buttons would take too much real estate, which allows to have bigger keys than key1. I reckon key2 is well refinement of key1.
    PHughes likes this.
    06-12-18 08:05 AM
    I agree for the most part.. not the part about using physical keys to navigate though, but rather software nav keys. Most phones have had software nav keys for quite a while now, and they work just fine and disappear when not needed (though I suspect they aren't entirely controlled by the OS, as mine aren't disappearing right now using Tapatalk on this phone..) I hate that they show in screenshots though.

Edit: was this feature removed in Oreo? It's not in my settings anymore..
    06-12-18 08:07 AM
    Sorry for the typo guys... I am disappointed with the key2 honestly. I was waiting to buy one but now I'm not excited anymore...
    That's a silly reason not to buy the phone..thats a deal breaker for u? Lol..im buying it launch day and I'm pumped! Especially cause I'm getting it for free!
    06-12-18 08:16 AM
    That's a silly reason not to buy the phone..thats a deal breaker for u? Lol..im buying it launch day and I'm pumped! Especially cause I'm getting it for free!
    Hard not to get excited about a free phone tho
    SunnyD3687 likes this.
    06-12-18 08:35 AM
    Hard not to get excited about a free phone tho
    Oh I'm pumped man.technically I am paying a early upgrade fee but I've flipped a few keyones for profit..two specifically got for 300 and sold for 440 and 420 respectively so the profits on those are covering the early upgrade fee
    06-12-18 10:14 AM
    Well, You are getting it for free so you shouldn't mind issues with a gift right? But as a buyer who has to pay 600$ for a phone, I expect it to be better.

As of free things, I don't like being handed stuff. I like to work for things or I lose the interest in it.
    06-12-18 10:20 AM
    Well, You are getting it for free so you shouldn't mind issues with a gift right? But as a buyer who has to pay 600$ for a phone, I expect it to be better.

As of free things, I don't like being handed stuff. I like to work for things or I lose the interest in it.
    Even if I was paying for it I wouldn't nit pick like a petulant child is for something so minor. As for working for things I have a house and 2 kids that I have worked hard for. Any other brilliant insights sparky?
    06-12-18 10:59 AM

And I'm getting it for free because I worked hard to sell the phones to get the profit needed to pay the early upgrade fee. So it's not being handed to me.
    Nizar Maaroufi likes this.
    06-12-18 11:01 AM
    No such thing as inappropriate hugs. Only appropriate misunderstandings.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-12-18 09:39 PM
    And I'm getting it for free because I worked hard to sell the phones to get the profit needed to pay the early upgrade fee. So it's not being handed to me.
    If it’s free, gimme three!

Nice work lining up the funds for the new kid in town. It’s going to be a great day when we get the K2 in our anxious little hands!
    SunnyD3687 likes this.
    06-12-18 09:48 PM
    I believe your WIFE worked hard to have those kids.
    06-15-18 12:24 PM
    It doesn't use the keyboard for navigation because that's not how Android operates. They aren't going to rewrite everything and then hope that apps allow for the shortcuts to work via an update.

Plus, once it gets the Android P update it should have the new gesture support. At least the buttons aren't in the display like they were on the KEYone.
    06-15-18 03:53 PM
    It doesn't use the keyboard for navigation because that's not how Android operates. They aren't going to rewrite everything and then hope that apps allow for the shortcuts to work via an update.

Plus, once it gets the Android P update it should have the new gesture support. At least the buttons aren't in the display like they were on the KEYone.
    Hopefully it does get P. So far I have seen nothing official said to that effect.
    Jared DiPane likes this.
    06-15-18 09:40 PM
    Hopefully it does get P. So far I have seen nothing official said to that effect.
    Not surprising since it's only still in beta from Google.
    06-15-18 09:42 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the case but if the Nav Bar is removed then there is a problem of us accidentally touching the screen while typing on the top row of the key board. Well if that issue can be sorted out then I also agree that the Nav bar can be replaced with the screen with software Nav bar.
    06-15-18 10:26 PM