I'd love one too!!
    Rico4you likes this.
    02-15-20 09:01 AM
    Black dual SIM now in use on Wi-Fi.
    I know this won't be popular to say, but although the keyboard as a typing tool is probably the best in terms of accuracy and speed, it has the lowest quality feel of the 3 models. It has a cheap plastic feel and is unpleasant on my fingers when scrolling.
    For me, the LE hits the sweet spot. A bit bigger and a good quality feel. and the keyone is also quality as long as you like shiny keys.

if you put them beside a classic or a Passport, the lower quality of the Chinese built phones is really highlighted.
    And I have had all 3 Android keyboard phones.
    the_boon, falbo and elfabio80 like this.
    02-18-20 10:25 AM
    Black dual SIM now in use on Wi-Fi.
    I know this won't be popular to say, but although the keyboard as a typing tool is probably the best in terms of accuracy and speed, it has the lowest quality feel of the 3 models. It has a cheap plastic feel and is unpleasant on my fingers when scrolling.
    For me, the LE hits the sweet spot. A bit bigger and a good quality feel. and the keyone is also quality as long as you like shiny keys.

if you put them beside a classic or a Passport, the lower quality of the Chinese built phones is really highlighted.
    And I have had all 3 Android keyboard phones.
    I've also had all three KEY phones as well as the Classic and Passport, and I wouldn't say that the KEY phones look cheaper, but they do have a bit less personality to them.

There are a few subtle design choices which might explain this, but the Classic had rounded corners on top and bottom, as well as a toolbelt and very visible silver frets.

The only KEY phone to have silver (more like chrome) frets is the Silver KEYone.

I can't say having a straight keyboard is the reason why because the last BB to have a curved one was running BBOS and came out 9 years ago.

Anyone on Photoshop can have an LE and make the frets silver, as well as the frame to match it, make the corners rounded to give it more of a Bold/Curve/Classic look.
    02-18-20 10:49 AM
    I agree with mrsimon that of the three TCL BB devices, the LE has the best feeling keyboard. If it was capacitive, it would be perfect!
    mrsimon likes this.
    02-18-20 10:57 AM
    I have typed on the Passport, Classic, PRIV, KEYone, LE, and KEY2. I find the key2 keyboard to be a close 2nd to the Passport in tactility, accuracy, and speed. Honestly it is only the spacebar that messes with my OCD.
    the_boon likes this.
    02-19-20 05:32 AM
    I have typed on the Passport, Classic, PRIV, KEYone, LE, and KEY2. I find the key2 keyboard to be a close 2nd to the Passport in tactility, accuracy, and speed. Honestly it is only the spacebar that messes with my OCD.
    What's with your KEY2's spacebar?
    02-19-20 08:24 AM
    What's with your KEY2's spacebar?
    The same as most key2's from what I read. Wobbliness and makes a clicky sound when swiping/tapping it (not pushing it). No missed keypresses though so I'm not concerned, just need to get used to it.

EDIT -
    Is it just or me or is there always some quirk with every blackberry? My passport double clicked (fixed via software update), I went through 7 PRIVs (yes seven warranty replacements) with clicky screens (never fixed btw--I just got sick of returning them and learned to live with it), My KEYone's screen fell off, etc. I still would rather put up with these quirks than ever give up the PKB.
    02-19-20 09:01 AM
    The same as most key2's from what I read. Wobbliness and makes a clicky sound when swiping/tapping it (not pushing it). No missed keypresses though so I'm not concerned, just need to get used to it.

EDIT -
    Is it just or me or is there always some quirk with every blackberry? My passport double clicked (fixed via software update), I went through 7 PRIVs (yes seven warranty replacements) with clicky screens (never fixed btw--I just got sick of returning them and learned to live with it), My KEYone's screen fell off, etc. I still would rather put up with these quirks than ever give up the PKB.
    Yeah I totally understand your OCD about the spacebar.

As for the Priv's clicky screen, I'm not surprised this would be a thing with a slider device.

However, you can sort of bend the plastic back forward in a way that it will reduce the clicking between the two parts.
    02-19-20 09:13 AM
    if u r looking for a dual SIM black they are available at a discount right now at Clove UK and the usual RRP on Amazon,.co.UK.

be quick!!
    02-24-20 02:37 PM
    if u r looking for a dual SIM black they are available at a discount right now at Clove UK and the usual RRP on Amazon,.co.UK.

be quick!!
    Not to mention that there's a chance that these black dual SIM models are made in 2019 with the improved keyboard/spacebar
    02-25-20 12:20 PM
    Not to mention that there's a chance that these black dual SIM models are made in 2019 with the improved keyboard/spacebar
    yes. mine is 100% OK from septiembre 2019. backlit ok, keys all ok. it's the same as the red model without the lipstick paintjob😍
    02-25-20 12:43 PM
    yes. mine is 100% OK from septiembre 2019. backlit ok, keys all ok. it's the same as the red model without the lipstick paintjob
    That's exactly the kind of KEY2 I'm after, except they're not available in the US!
    02-25-20 08:09 PM
    When you get it, let us know what's the build date and how the spacebar feels.

You can find the assembly date for the unit in the MMI test / Traceability menu

1. Dial *#2886#
    2. Press the MANU red button
    3. Touch the "Traceability" menu
    4. Hit PASS

You should get something like this, where the bottom line is a date of assembly:

YYYYMMDD

5. Hit PASS again
    6. Scroll to the bottom and hit Exit
    If the date displays all asterisks it's a refurb...
    02-27-20 01:06 PM
    If the date displays all asterisks it's a refurb...
    That's another thing, but it's quick to check the spacebar lol
    02-28-20 11:28 AM
    That's another thing, but it's quick to check the spacebar lol
    But the question remains if the spacebar would be loose in the Key version 2 models from the get-go or if the spacebar would become loose and later on. Which models were prone to that?
    02-28-20 11:50 AM
    But the question remains if the spacebar would be loose in the Key version 2 models from the get-go or if the spacebar would become loose and later on. Which models were prone to that?
    I think usually it's just from the get-go
    02-28-20 11:56 AM
    Where can I find the 128gb version online that's not double the price?

All the 128gb model seem to be around the $1000 range... :/
    02-28-20 09:43 PM
    Where can I find the 128gb version online that's not double the price?

All the 128gb model seem to be around the $1000 range... :/
    Dont think about paying that much for one.

$600 at the absolute very most for a 2019 unit
    02-29-20 06:14 PM
    03-01-20 05:06 AM
    After buying a Titan to replace my KEYone (working fine, but sooo slow and the battery life is terrible) and realizing it isn't nearly as good as the Passport was, I took the plunge and ordered a dual SIM Black KEY2 off eBay. Fingers crossed it has a secure spacebar. I paid $479 for a new unit.
    Can you send the link for such a unit? I already own a Dual-SIM Key2 in the US and it works GREAT. However, looking for a backup device and I can only find the BBF100-6 (Dual SIM Variant) for $850++.
    03-01-20 05:09 AM
    Can you send the link for such a unit? I already own a Dual-SIM Key2 in the US and it works GREAT. However, looking for a backup device and I can only find the BBF100-6 (Dual SIM Variant) for $850++.
    This unit was a dud. I bought it on eBay and returned it. Spacebar didn't function properly and it was the Indian variant. I bought a key2 red instead. Wobbly/loose spacebar but at least it registers keypresses!
    03-01-20 06:29 AM
    This unit was a dud. I bought it on eBay and returned it. Spacebar didn't function properly and it was the Indian variant. I bought a key2 red instead. Wobbly/loose spacebar but at least it registers keypresses!
    Wait what? Your red KEY2 came with a loose/wobbly spacebar?
    03-01-20 07:54 AM
    Wait what? Your red KEY2 came with a loose/wobbly spacebar?
    Yes. Clicky noise by simply touching or brushing over it and it clicks differently than the other keys. Honestly, I figured this was par for the course in KEY2 land. Like screens falling off the KEYone, clicky/loose screens on the PRIV, double typing on the Passport, etc. As long as it registers keypresses normally I'll get over it in time.
    03-01-20 09:07 AM
    Yes. Clicky noise by simply touching or brushing over it and it clicks differently than the other keys. Honestly, I figured this was par for the course in KEY2 land. Like screens falling off the KEYone, clicky/loose screens on the PRIV, double typing on the Passport, etc. As long as it registers keypresses normally I'll get over it in time.
    But no, the whole point of getting a Red KEY2 (aside from the color) is because the spacebar is NOT supposed to be wobbly like the early silver/black models.

If you can return/exchange it for another, I'd do it immediately.

Not all KEY2's have this, but many more do than there should be.
    03-01-20 09:34 AM
    This was an eBay purchase so I'm out of luck there. I've learned to live with it. Like I said, as long as it always functions as it should, it isn't a big deal to me.
    03-01-20 09:41 AM
108 ... 2345