So, for starters, I apologize because this problem, from what I've read, has basically been beaten to death.

I am just done with my iPhone, completely done. I have the XS Max on Verizon and unfortunately can't switch networks because my work pays for it, they have negotiations with Verizon, blah blah blah. But I am over my iPhone, for the cost it has been the biggest piece of crap, and I'm not looking forward to the new one either. I'm pretty much dead set on the Key2 or Key2 LE, because its affordable enough I can just buy it outright myself and slap a NonCDMA profile sim, or whatever you call it, inside and call Verizon if there are any kinks.

However I have a problem. My house is at the bottom of a hill and we have metal siding. So 1-2 bars of LTE outside, absolutely nothing inside.

I know, and I have read that the Key2 and the Key2 LE are problem children with Verizon but I don't mind putting the effort in to get them to work. My question is, has ANYONE had luck getting Wifi-Calling through Verizon?

And if not, I looked into getting a Signal Booster through Verizon. Problem is, it says in it's "Compatibility List" the Key2 LE and Key2 aren't supported. Which brought me searching online finding Signal Boosters from Weboot in the hundreds of dollars, to cheap boosters from China on eBay. Does anyone have any experience with any of these?

I might just say screw it, and deal with no service, although it would suck.

Any feedback is great. Thank you so much!
    07-16-19 05:56 PM
    WiFi isn't curently being enabled...

KEY2 LE is whitelisted and easier to get "supported" on Verizon. Many have the KEY2 working, but it's just not as easy..

Signal Boosters... I've known a few that have bought some sub $100 and they are junk. One did get a unit that was about $500 that worked great. At the time Verizon wasn't offering any Signal Booster to consumers.... They offered you one? Do you know what it was? These things are usually pretty generic in what phones they'll work with, unless VZW has it locked down.
    07-17-19 09:02 AM
    07-17-19 10:20 AM
    Thank you guys so much. I'm in such a dilemma here... I know the Key2 LE would be a much easier go, but I don't know if I can give up the camera change and the capacitive keyboard...
    07-18-19 11:16 AM
    Thank you guys so much. I'm in such a dilemma here... I know the Key2 LE would be a much easier go, but I don't know if I can give up the camera change and the capacitive keyboard...
    Even if you chose the KEY2, the camera would still be a MASSIVE downgrade from the iPhone XS Max.

Based on your needs of a device that is guaranteed to work on Verizon and you living in a low coverage area, the LE is the obvious logical choice and I would recommend it over both the other KEY devices for those reasons.

You are basically the perfect profile for the LE lol.

The two major downgrades from your current iPhone will be the camera and display.
    07-19-19 08:54 AM
    Can you buy via Verizon Business? If not it's not worth the risk, as too many others have said WiFi calling doesn't work.

I'd want to see comments from more than one person on the internet...
    07-22-19 08:15 AM
    As good as verizon's service usually is, why the need for WiFi calling? Me personally having tmobile, I can see the desperate need for WiFi calling but verizon I don't really see that as a thing.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-19 03:13 AM
    As good as verizon's service usually is, why the need for WiFi calling? Me personally having tmobile, I can see the desperate need for WiFi calling but verizon I don't really see that as a thing.

Posted via CB10
    The OP explained his NEED... it's pretty clear why WiFi Calling is important too him.

You might not see a need, but that doesn't mean there are a lot of people today that have that need.
    07-24-19 08:00 AM
    I'd go for a used KEY2 and if you have issues just sell it on and go LE.
    07-24-19 10:44 AM
    I'd go for a used KEY2 and if you have issues just sell it on and go LE.

Do you know of anyone that has gotten the unlisted by Verizon KEY2 working with WiFi calling?
    07-24-19 11:45 AM
    Do you know of anyone that has gotten the unlisted by Verizon KEY2 working with WiFi calling?
    I don't but then again I've never looked into it. I've only been on the KEY2 on VZW for a couple of weeks and I'm just happy to have full SMS/MMS/Data/Phone working.
    07-24-19 12:08 PM