Hello!

Just received and set up my Key2 today. I love the feel, the keyboard (though I do think there may be double-type, it seems definitely software related to me - and I think it will be addressed quickly), the speed of the phone.

However, one thing is giving me pause with my particular unit - when I make a phone call, there is like a squeaking/digital noise in the background (more squeaky than digital). This is a normal voice phone call, and in a Google Voice VOIP call. I will test other apps, but it seems like it may just be the speaker?

If you have a Key2, can you tell me if there is a squeaking (like cicadas from miles away) when you make a call?

Either way, I am certain the Key2 will remain my next phone, but I do kinda find the squeaking pretty distracting.

Thanks!
    Last edited by NSchuyler; 07-17-18 at 01:42 PM.
    07-17-18 04:59 AM
    Hello!

Just received and set up my Key2 today. I love the feel, the keyboard (though I do think there may be double-type, it seems definitely software related to me - and I think it will be addressed quickly), the speed of the phone.

However, one thing is giving me pause with my particular unit - when I make a phone call, there is like a squeaking/digital noise in the background (more squeaky than digital). This is a normal voice phone call, and in a Google Voice VOIP call. I will test other apps, but it seems like it may just be the speaker?

If you have a Key2, can you tell me if there is a squeaking (like cicadas from miles away) when you make a call?

Either way, I am certain the Key2 will remain my next phone, but I do kinda find the squeaking pretty distracting.

Thanks!
    Well... right after I posted this, I checked for the update and received ABC432 - and the speaker squeak is gone.... so.... I'm back to being happy and kudos to Blackberry/TCL for releasing an update so quickly.
    herr_tan likes this.
    07-17-18 01:41 PM
    I have ABE181 update and my device is making this kind of noise all the time during phone calls and it makes calling ubearable (thus i often switch to headphone for longer calls). anybody else has experienced that?
    bb k2 black/64, polish distribution
    10-11-18 02:52 AM
    I have ABE181 update and my device is making this kind of noise all the time during phone calls and it makes calling ubearable (thus i often switch to headphone for longer calls). anybody else has experienced that?
    bb k2 black/64, polish distribution
    I have the same situation.
    In my Key2 is ABI067 and there is noise.
    In addition, I have reservations about the quality of photos and the weak main speaker, but the noise in the handset is unacceptable.
    There are no more automatic updates yet, and the noise is so burdensome that it is impossible to focus on the conversation.
    I have the same bb k2 black/64, polish distribution BBF100-1
    11-29-18 09:36 AM
    maybe they have send some trash models to Poland. For me it seems like the it is hardware issue. do you also experience noise during charging the battery?

updates have changed nothing

the question is if it's still worth sending it to service if all model for pl are the same..
    11-29-18 10:41 AM
    I had the Dualband model for the same price, but I chose from the official distribution and as you can see it is not necessarily better .
    I checked a moment ago and during charging I have no noise effect.
    The disturbance is only on working on the battery itself and it does not matter how much it has a percentage.
    During the conversation, when I connect the charger, the noise is lost, and when I disconnect it returns.
    It also does not affect whether WiFi and Bluetooth are turned on or off.
    In the battery saving mode also nothing change.
    It looks like hardware problems, but nowadays much can be changed in the software itself, so there is a chance.
    I have sent an application to BB because I talk a lot and despite other cool features Key2 will not accept this sound.
    I doubt that the problem only applies to PL, as already to the entire BBF100-1 group.
    I really hope that they are able to repair it in a software way.
    A check for a reply from BB and send to the service.
    11-29-18 12:28 PM
    @ what address have submitted the complaint? maybe i can send it too.

and where have you bought the phone? i ve used "oleole" online shop

BTW is there official bb service in Poland?
    11-30-18 02:29 AM
    I wrote to BB both from their main page and from the application "support center, opinions" which I have in the preinstallation of the phone.
    I bought the same with OleOle.
    I have a distributor "Cyfrowe Centrum Serwisowe" on Puławska 40a street, Piaseczno.
    After talking to them and checking imei, I determined that they are servicing Key2.
    11-30-18 01:15 PM
    get back to us as soon as you get any feedback from the service
    12-01-18 09:36 AM
    I already have a telephone after repair and I inform that the repair has resulted.
    It lasted a long time, because I was testing, but now I have no problem with squeak.
    Service CCS Poland, Warsaw repaired key2 in 2 days and replaced the main board.
    They suggested that I do an independent test before sending in emergency mode and a test in MMI.
    MMI test: * # 2886 #
    Now my Key2 is working properly.
    12-16-18 03:50 PM
    thanks! so i will send my unit too
    12-19-18 01:04 PM
    hardware issue was confirmed - service replaced my phone with new one. initially is seems that the issue with squeaky noise is solved

they also replaced charger with new one, only they got me uk version instead of eu, not sure why..
    01-10-19 03:16 AM
    hardware issue was confirmed - service replaced my phone with new one. initially is seems that the issue with squeaky noise is solved

they also replaced charger with new one, only they got me uk version instead of eu, not sure why..
    btrojnar, Do you have a video connection on your phone after replacing it?
    I'm not sure if I had before, but they should be.
    When the video is connected to me, the sender gets information that the phone does not support video calls ???
    WTF??
    01-23-19 07:15 AM
    never had issue with video calls (whatsup,messenger) and do not have now - everything works properly in this regard

i still hear this noise though in the background during normal call, but to lower magnitude. hope it will not increase to the level it was with the previous device
    01-24-19 03:26 AM