I can not be a shoemaker and walk around with broken shoes.. if you work on a project, you must be the first to convince me that the project is the best.
    Lol you sound like you are looking for someone tell you what do to do.

Use whatever phone floats your boat and forget about what other people are doing.

High-school is over!
    02-07-19 10:27 AM
    Much ado about nothing or the Tempest or The Comedy of Errors, me thinks.
    02-07-19 11:23 AM
    BlackBerry Ltd probably makes more money securing iPhones today than it does on the license fees from other companies making BlackBerry branded phones?
    02-07-19 11:23 AM
    Because BlackBerry Limited isn't the company making BlackBerry phones. He probably spends less than. 0.01% of his time on the phone business.

BlackBerry almost certainly makes more money from companies securing iPhones with UEM than it does from its BlackBerry Android business.

If that bothers you, I understand, but it's the reality of 2019.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    The percentage doesn't even matter. Even Microsoft's previous CEO was spotted with a MacBook Pro with OS X when he was still CEO, so if he couldn't even be bothered to use a Windows laptop despite the market share and the fact that it's MS's core business...
    02-07-19 12:09 PM
    LOL yourself. Sorry, you can't use ignorance as a defence.

And the iPhone is also more secure than a BlackBerry Android. I guess it makes sense someone who works for a security software company would use one?
    Seriously, that photo? Sure a new iPhone has a much better camera than my six year-old Z10, but my Z10 can take that photo 100 times out of 100.

As for iPhone's security, other than the recent FaceTime fiasco, Apple has a very good record, though there is no evidence the iPhone is more secure than a properly secured Android. Apple (iOS 11), BlackBerry (BB10.3.3) and several Android OEMs (not including BlackBerry Mobile) are certified for use by NATO governments.

I know you're passionate about the importance of a great camera in a phone, but there isn't a single decent phone made in the past 5 years that couldn't have taken THAT photo equally well.

Vistaus and LG8 like this.
    02-07-19 12:09 PM
    Well, how could we forget Chen speaking about the Priv with a journalist and not being able to use it? That was ridiculous....
    02-07-19 12:16 PM
    Well gents, here are my two cents worth, no change. Depending where you are on the corporate ladder, nurturing, building and promoting brand loyalty is one of your top priorities and you better lead by example! When did this change?!? Enzo Ferrari owned Ferrari's, John Delorean owned Pontiac's and then Delorean's, Steve Jobs owned Apple products, Bill Gates worked on Windows, the Queen of England owns British automobiles, so on and so on! Call me a dinosaur if you wish, but this topic should be black & white, yet, it appears it is not, dumb founding to me really. Cheers,
    Last edited by Crusader03; 02-07-19 at 03:36 PM.
    02-07-19 02:05 PM
    Ms Key and Mr. Chen were different cases - both occured when BB still in handset business. No excuse to collect BB salary but use competitor's product. Currently, I have no issue for Palma to use other brand of handsets since BB primary products is cross platform (actually, his test team should use different brands to test BB software... just like BB used to test both BBOS and BB10 to make sure it is compatible with all the Rev). However, if his handset is his own BYOD because increase of new high level overhead (new COO) as cost cutting measure, I would be worry (cash depletion possibly reach to a critical level sooner than later, although the quarterly report showed rosy picture... can someone ask him if his iphone is his BYOD or borrowed from son or daughter - more scary...;-(. wake me up when he is using a P20 or xiaomi - possibly, time to short BB stock or sell it fast...
    02-07-19 02:08 PM
    .I have no words.. Bryan Palma tweeted with iphone-screenshot_20190207-113026.jpeg
    anon(10387168) and Sime0n_S like this.
    02-07-19 02:20 PM
    Dual Carry? One BB and one apple phone
    02-07-19 02:42 PM
    Well gents, here are my two cents worth, no change. Depending where you are on the corporate ladder, nurturing, building and promoting brand loyalty is one of your top priorities and you better lead by example! When did this change?!? Enzo Ferrari owned Ferrari's, John Delorean owned Pontiac's and then Delorean's, Steve Jobs owned Apple products, Bill Gates worked on Windows, the Queen of England owns British automobiles, so on and so on! Call me a dinosaur if you wish, but this topic should be black and white, yet, it appears it is not, dumb founding to me really. Cheers,
    On point!
    anon(10387168) and elfabio80 like this.
    02-07-19 02:45 PM
    The percentage doesn't even matter. Even Microsoft's previous CEO was spotted with a MacBook Pro with OS X when he was still CEO, so if he couldn't even be bothered to use a Windows laptop despite the market share and the fact that it's MS's core business...
    That's almost impossible and doesn't make any sense... Quick Google search connects Satya Nadalla only to Office for iProducts stuff...

And Steve Ballmer was against everything Apple related... (Just only remember his rant on the iPhone intro...)
    02-07-19 03:48 PM
    He should get a BlackBerry...the best one that's currently being offered, probably Key2.
    drobbie and joshualebowitz like this.
    02-07-19 03:56 PM
    That's almost impossible and doesn't make any sense... Quick Google search connects Satya Nadalla only to Office for iProducts stuff...

And Steve Ballmer was against everything Apple related... (Just only remember his rant on the iPhone intro...)
    Of course I was taking about Steve Ballmer. After all, he was the "previous CEO". And he really did use a MacBook:
    https://gizmodo.com/steve-ballmers-p...-choice-384479
    And he took back what he said about the iPhone: https://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/07...-wrong-iphone/
    02-07-19 04:10 PM
    Of course I was taking about Steve Ballmer. After all, he was the "previous CEO". And he really did use a MacBook:
    https://gizmodo.com/steve-ballmers-p...-choice-384479
    And he took back what he said about the iPhone: https://www.macrumors.com/2016/11/07...-wrong-iphone/
    Besides that you're totally right and on point, Steve Ballmer was a complete idiot...
    Vistaus likes this.
    02-07-19 04:13 PM
    Who you calling ridiculous? :-P

Ummm. I know you’re joking but I still hope it didn’t sound wrong....
    02-07-19 05:06 PM
    Well gents, here are my two cents worth, no change. Depending where you are on the corporate ladder, nurturing, building and promoting brand loyalty is one of your top priorities and you better lead by example! When did this change?!? Enzo Ferrari owned Ferrari's, John Delorean owned Pontiac's and then Delorean's, Steve Jobs owned Apple products, Bill Gates worked on Windows, the Queen of England owns British automobiles, so on and so on! Call me a dinosaur if you wish, but this topic should be black & white, yet, it appears it is not, dumb founding to me really. Cheers,
    I agree with this... At this point, BB doesn’t make phones anymore. Wouldn’t it make sense to show your support for your biggest clients which use Android/IOS hardware that isn’t TCL or BBMo since most profits come from those other vendors...
    anon(10387168) likes this.
    02-07-19 05:11 PM
    Ummm. I know you’re joking but I still hope it didn’t sound wrong....
    No, it didn't. I knew what you meant. It never occurred to me that you were calling people who still used BB10 ridiculous

02-07-19 05:40 PM
    Microsoft shoved Windows mobile phones into employees pockets. No iPhones they said. In the end, the MS devices themselves dropped out of favour with the market and the MS employees who swear by iPhones.

And Toyota sells Toyota badged cars with BMW diesel engines in EUROPE.
    02-08-19 12:18 AM
    Dual carry? Maybe he owns a BB and and IPhone.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-19 01:47 AM
    BlackBerry Limited time exited hardware business months ago.

Current BlackBerry smartphones are from a different company.
    02-08-19 01:56 AM
    Lol you sound like you are looking for someone tell you what do to do. Use whatever phone floats your boat and forget about what other people are doing. High-school is over!
    you are insulting me if you think that I will throw in my toilet my Key2 and I will buy an iphone because I saw that Bryan Palma publishes his twitt from an iphone .. I have done this provocative article to hope that consistency in behaviors arrives to "our" CEO .. if you are a manager of a BlackBerry project you have to work with BlackBerry and you must use products branded BlackBerry .. otherwise if you do not believe it, stay in Cisco and continue to tweet with iPhone.
    02-08-19 02:16 AM
    you are insulting me if you think that I will throw in my toilet my Key2 and I will buy an iphone because I saw that Bryan Palma publishes his twitt from an iphone .. I have done this provocative article to hope that consistency in behaviors arrives to "our" CEO .. if you are a manager of a BlackBerry project you have to work with BlackBerry and you must use products branded BlackBerry .. otherwise if you do not believe it, stay in Cisco and continue to tweet with iPhone.
    And what if he's using BlackBerry UEM with his iPhone, which he almost certainly is? BlackBerry is now like Microsoft, they are platform agnostic for 99% of their business. That's why they got out of hardware, so they could partner with everyone instead of competing.

app_Developer likes this.
    02-08-19 04:37 AM
    In french, we say ''Les cordonniers sont toujours les plus mal chaussés''
    England has a similar saying; "The mechanic's bicycle is the worst one in the town".
    02-08-19 05:58 AM
    Seriously, that photo? Sure a new iPhone has a much better camera than my six year-old Z10, but my Z10 can take that photo 100 times out of 100.

As for iPhone's security, other than the recent FaceTime fiasco, Apple has a very good record, though there is no evidence the iPhone is more secure than a properly secured Android. Apple (iOS 11), BlackBerry (BB10.3.3) and several Android OEMs (not including BlackBerry Mobile) are certified for use by NATO governments.

I know you're passionate about the importance of a great camera in a phone, but there isn't a single decent phone made in the past 5 years that couldn't have taken THAT photo equally well.

That photo, and any other. The better photo you start with, the better the end result. Even if social media reduces the resolution. It seems even BlackBerry's own PR people understand this basic fact.

And yes the camera does make a difference...even for pictures ”like that".

I find all of this a little ironic, from a guy using a BB10 phone that probably couldn't post a photo to Twitter if he wanted to, let alone snap a passable photograph of human beings (by today's standards).
    02-08-19 07:55 AM
164 1234 ...