No proof that it would or doubt it...but it would raise awareness.
    If BlackBerry wanted you to know ONE thing about devices, it's that they can serve all platforms.

It's BBMo's issue to worry about the BlackBerry-branded device specifically.
    02-11-19 06:20 PM
    If BlackBerry wanted you to know ONE thing about devices, it's that they can serve all platforms.

It's BBMo's issue to worry about the BlackBerry-branded device specifically.
    Of course...hence why in my original post I supported the idea of Bryan Palma using an iPhone or non BlackBerry Android device for that very reason.
    02-11-19 06:30 PM
    I get your point that the iPhone has a better camera .

In any case, buy a phone you like for your needs and enjoy it, while the rest of us do the same.
    Exactly. I'm glad you agree. Which is why Palma or some marketing person at BlackBerry using an iPhone with a vastly superior camera to take photos and post them to social media should come as no surprise to anyone.
    02-12-19 07:16 AM
    Exactly. I'm glad you agree. Which is why Palma or some marketing person at BlackBerry using an iPhone with a vastly superior camera to take photos and post them to social media should come as no surprise to anyone.
    That’s logic fail coming to a faulty conclusion.... I own two iPhones and three iPads that I’ve never cared about the camera.... I’ve purchased three other iPads and five other iPhones for our family at their request when any device was acceptable. No one cared about the camera beyond it having a functioning camera. The greatest phone camera for it’s time was the Lumia 1520 camera. Wife enjoyed the phone, however the camera wasn’t the highest priority....

Just because you find camera most important feature, doesn’t mean it’s primary for everyone. Most people including Palma, just buy whatever they want based on multitude of needs. The OS ecosystem and the overall functionality for multitude of daily tasks is the main driver. I’m sure Palma isn’t paid for taking photos all day long. If cameras were the primary driver of phone sales, it would be part of the sales message beyond seeing people taking selfies. That was part of some phone advertisement in the past.

Ten years of sales data and differentiation allows OEMs to analyze how their customer base and the industry customers as whole rank device features..
    02-12-19 07:44 AM
    That’s logic fail coming to a faulty conclusion.... I own two iPhones and three iPads that I’ve never cared about the camera.... I’ve purchased three other iPads and five other iPhones for our family at their request when any device was acceptable. No one cared about the camera beyond it having a functioning camera. The greatest phone camera for it’s time was the Lumia 1520 camera. Wife enjoyed the phone, however the camera wasn’t the highest priority....

Just because you find camera most important feature, doesn’t mean it’s primary for everyone. Most people including Palma, just buy whatever they want based on multitude of needs. The OS ecosystem and the overall functionality for multitude of daily tasks is the main driver. I’m sure Palma isn’t paid for taking photos all day long. If cameras were the primary driver of phone sales, it would be part of the sales message beyond seeing people taking selfies. That was part of some phone advertisement in the past.

Ten years of sales data and differentiation allows OEMs to analyze how their customer base and the industry customers as whole rank device features..
    No more faulty than your logic that says the camera has nothing to do with it. LOL.
    02-12-19 07:50 AM
    No more faulty than your logic that says the camera has nothing to do with it. LOL.
    Right, because for most COOs of public companies the number one priority is taking great selfies for social media!

Seriously? Look at the man's Twitter feed and tell me how often he's posting!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    02-12-19 10:07 AM
    Right, because for most COOs of public companies the number one priority is taking great selfies for social media!

Seriously? Look at the man's Twitter feed and tell me how often he's posting!

Quality, not quantity. All the more reason to use a superior device to get the job done.
    02-12-19 10:23 AM
    Quality, not quantity. All the more reason to use a superior device to get the job done.
    Superior in some ways, inferior in many others. It depends on one's needs and preferences.

Personally I wouldn't give up my KEY² if you gave me an XS Max for free. Nor would I question someone else who would.
    02-12-19 10:33 AM
    Sure, everyone should look for a superior phone for their needs at a price they are willing to pay. But your definition of superior is extremely narrow. You seem to be suggesting that a phone is just a camera with a bunch of other stuff thrown in, or that the camera is the only difference between smart phones.

The iPhone has a great camera (as do others); LG has better audio; BlackBerry Mobile has a physical keyboard, 52 hardware shortcuts and DTEK; Samsung has bright screens and Knox; Sony has a smaller handset; the Pixel has the best updates of all Androids; IPhones are supported for five years; some phones are very inexpensive; and BB10 phones have an exquisite work flow for email.

All of these features have different weightings for different users. If you want to make the camera the number one priority for your purchases, then you have 2-3 great options. But your insistence that everyone should want the best possible camera, even if it means sacrificing features that are more important to them, is absurd.

I'm going to stop here and let you have the last word, because this topic has been exhausted over multiple threads. My impression is that you don't seem to process what other people tell you very well, and I'm afraid my responses, which are based on the premise that this is a normal, civil conversation, just seem to annoy you, so that you respond rudely by ending dramatic and unhelpful sentences with "LOL" and calling devices you don't like, "trash," as if those utterances have any meaning outside of your head.

the3maples and Jake2826 like this.
    02-12-19 10:42 AM
    Sure, everyone should look for a superior phone for their needs at a price they are willing to pay. But your definition of superior is extremely narrow. You seem to be suggesting that a phone is just a camera with a bunch of other stuff thrown in, or that the camera is the only difference between smart phones.

The iPhone has a great camera (as do others); LG has better audio; BlackBerry Mobile has a physical keyboard, 52 hardware shortcuts and DTEK; Samsung has bright screens and Knox; Sony has a smaller handset; the Pixel has the best updates of all Androids; IPhones are supported for five years; some phones are very inexpensive; and BB10 phones have an exquisite work flow for email.

All of these features have different weightings for different users. If you want to make the camera the number one priority for your purchases, then you have 2-3 great options. But your insistence that everyone should want the best possible camera, even if it means sacrificing features that are more important to them, is absurd.

I'm going to stop here and let you have the last word, because this topic has been exhausted over multiple threads. My impression is that you don't seem to process what other people tell you very well, and I'm afraid my responses, which are based on the premise that this is a normal, civil conversation, just seem to annoy you, so that you respond rudely by ending dramatic and unhelpful sentences with "LOL" and calling devices you don't like, "trash," as if those utterances have any meaning outside of your head.

I certainly did not accuse you of being "absurd", "dramatic", and "rude" as you have just done to me?

What you seem to find offensive is the reality that better phones with better cameras take better pictures. I'm not even sure what possesses you to debate that, when your only criteria for a phone is email on the BB10 Hub. I know you don't agree with me and millions upon millions that put camera quality and features at the top of their priorities for a new device. I know you find it hard to fathom Palma or anyone else at BlackBerry would feel the same. Unfortunately, BlackBerry devices are known to have poor cameras. To each his/her own.

Please lose the condescending tone and defensive attitude. Its completely unnecessary and uncalled for.
    02-12-19 12:22 PM
    It depends on one's needs and preferences..
    That pretty much sums it up. Although it needs to be said, what constitutes a superior camera is not a matter of opinion. There are experts in the industry that make such determinations objectively. Not to mention the consensus of millions of smartphone customers that have spoken with their wallets.
    02-12-19 12:31 PM
    That pretty much sums it up. Although it needs to be said, what constitutes a superior camera is not a matter of opinion. There are experts in the industry that make such determinations objectively. Not to mention the consensus of millions of smartphone customers that have spoken with their wallets.
    So? Many people don't care about a camera on a smartphone that goes beyond the basics - they care more about typing experience, email triage, and battery life.
    02-12-19 12:33 PM
    So? Many people don't care about a camera on a smartphone that goes beyond the basics - they care more about typing experience, email triage, and battery life.
    "So" because this thread is about whether it is "appropriate" for a BlackBerry employee to use a smartphone by a another manufacturer. Or in this case, a BlackBerry-branded smartphone made under license by a third party.

You just said there is a subset of factors outside a superior camera that would lead "many people" to purchase a device that clearly does not have one (presumably you were inferring BlackBerry, given the factors you listed). And you are correct. It just so happens the author of the Twitter post in question is not one of them.
    joshualebowitz likes this.
    02-12-19 01:45 PM
    "So" because this thread is about whether it is "appropriate" for a BlackBerry employee to use a smartphone by a another manufacturer. Or in this case, a BlackBerry-branded smartphone made under license by a third party.

You just said there is a subset of factors outside a superior camera that would lead "many people" to purchase a device that clearly does not have one (presumably you were inferring BlackBerry, given the factors you listed). And you are correct. Its just so happens the author of the Twitter post in question is not one of them.
    We actually don't know why he chose an iPhone prior to getting his KEY².

Perhaps it was provided by his previous company. Perhaps he had invested in the ecosystem going way back. Perhaps the rest of his family use iPhone. Perhaps it IS the camera. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    02-12-19 01:49 PM

You just said there is a subset of factors outside a superior camera that would lead "many people" to purchase a device that clearly does not have one (presumably you were inferring BlackBerry, given the factors you listed). And you are correct. Its just so happens the author of the Twitter post in question is not one of them.
    So because he used an iPhone, he cares about a superior camera or is he just using a company provided device from his last employer and it hasn’t been turned in yet? Most people that buy iPhones don’t treat camera as primary feature in decision process. With IOS, you’re buying the OS ecosystem. There’s no shopping OEMs for comparison between iOS devices. LMAO
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-12-19 01:51 PM
    Perhaps it is the camera. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Finally, someone on CB willing to acknowledge an obvious possibility . What refreshing normalcy is this?
    02-12-19 01:52 PM
    Finally, someone on CB willing to acknowledge an obvious possibility . What refreshing normalcy is this?
    I still wouldn't suggest it was obvious. It's no more likely than a multitude of other possible explanations (some of which I listed).

If it was purely based on the camera, a P20 Pro or Mate 20 Pro would be a better choice.

The Pixel 3 and Note 9 have far better selfie cameras than the XS Max too.
    02-12-19 01:53 PM
    WTF??? I purposely avoid all the ridiculous camera is trash threads, figured this would be safe to read and lo and behold nothing but camera.
    02-12-19 02:04 PM
    To end of all of this now, why don't someone just tweet the man and ask HIM why he choose to use an iPhone prior to his KEY² ?! That should solve the mystery! Lol
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    02-19-19 12:16 PM
    Sorry for asking, but who's this Bryan Palma character?
    02-20-19 01:42 AM
    Check out Marques Brownlee's 6 million voter Instagram and Twitter blind mobile camera test and then return to this thread. Go ahead and note where Apple iPhones place then head on back. 👍😎
    02-20-19 02:28 AM
    Check out Marques Brownlee's 6 million voter Instagram and Twitter blind mobile camera test and then return to this thread. Go ahead and note where Apple iPhones place then head on back.
    "Blind test" pretty much sums up the value of the analysis for a camera. Oh the irony. And even more ridiculous, BlackBerry beating the XS and almost winding up as a semi finalist? Seriously?

But it was good for a laugh all the same, so thanks for that.
    02-20-19 07:59 AM
    "Blind test" pretty much sums up the value of the analysis for a camera. Oh the irony. And even more ridiculous, BlackBerry beating the XS and almost winding up as a semi finalist? Seriously?

But it was good for a laugh all the same, so thanks for that.
    6 million people voted without tech pundits or media telling them which phone camera had taken each photo and they voted accordingly. Even the tech writers in his ensuing follow up admitted to their own votes based on photos. What this comparison demonstrated is fairly obvious. A large random sample of people on two of the more popular social media platforms, not knowing which device took which photo, did not choose Apple's best and more expensive devices. In fact a '17 BlackBerry (that was a KeyOne BTW) beat the Apple XS Max by a significant margin. It was not even close.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    02-20-19 09:46 AM
    02-20-19 09:51 AM
    Posted the link in case others might be interested in how the 6 million voted and who actually won.
    02-20-19 09:53 AM
164 ... 4567