That the damn keytwo is going to retain the on screen capacitive back, home and recent button.

It gets in the way of everything I can't stand it.
    JuanAlbertoOviedo and ominaxe like this.
    05-14-18 01:13 AM
    That the damn keytwo is going to retain the on screen capacitive back, home and recent button.

And how did you figure that?
    05-14-18 01:34 AM

We know it does.
    05-14-18 05:42 AM
    We know it does.
    How can you be 100% sure?
    05-14-18 12:08 PM

Great, lets start one thread for every single navigation button now. It's really important and everyone should know how you're feeling!
    05-14-18 01:47 PM
    Great, lets start one thread for every single navigation button now. It's really important and everyone should know how you're feeling!
    Capacitive is that bad, yup
    05-14-18 02:34 PM
    aLL BUTTONS on right is another thread worthy me think! C'mmon this is bb after all & we like our difficulties extra polated into unique silos
    05-15-18 12:21 AM
    I will say this: with android P (and it eventually coming to BlackBerry KEY2, *I hope*), the capacitive buttons need to go. Why not give us a 5" screen, give us on screen buttons for when we need them and allow us to use gestures as Android P has them baked in. I feel as if TCL followed the route of Samsung and re-used some hardware(in this case the screen) to cut costs. But I wholeheartedly believe a 5" screen would be better. Or better yet, a 5.25" or 5.5" screen FHD resolution and give us a notch. More screen estate. Everyone else is doing it, and as much as you or I might hate it, do what LG G7 has done with blacking out the top part to make the top bar almost seem like it's not there, but with an OLED(Samsung AMOLED preferably). I'd easily pay $750 CAD for this. I'm not impressed by the SD660. Why not a SD835 clocked down for better battery life? 660 seems "okay". I'm tired of my KEYone lagging behind. I need a powerful device. Here's hoping the spec leak for KEY2 is accurate, and it's available without a wait June 7th. I'm not in the position to wait anymore.
    05-15-18 02:36 AM
    I will say this: with android P (and it eventually coming to BlackBerry KEY2, *I hope*), the capacitive buttons need to go. Why not give us a 5" screen, give us on screen buttons for when we need them and allow us to use gestures as Android P has them baked in. I feel as if TCL followed the route of Samsung and re-used some hardware(in this case the screen) to cut costs. But I wholeheartedly believe a 5" screen would be better. Or better yet, a 5.25" or 5.5" screen FHD resolution and give us a notch. More screen estate. Everyone else is doing it, and as much as you or I might hate it, do what LG G7 has done with blacking out the top part to make the top bar almost seem like it's not there, but with an OLED(Samsung AMOLED preferably). I'd easily pay $750 CAD for this. I'm not impressed by the SD660. Why not a SD835 clocked down for better battery life? 660 seems "okay". I'm tired of my KEYone lagging behind. I need a powerful device. Here's hoping the spec leak for KEY2 is accurate, and it's available without a wait June 7th. I'm not in the position to wait anymore.
    If you got all you wanted... you'd be paying much more than $750 CAD. I wouldn't be surprised if the K2 isn't $750 CAD as it is.

TCL Communications doesn't have the "power" that LG or Samsung do, and the don't come close to the amount of volume for any meaningful component discounts. And they have to cover the fees for licensing and software...
    05-15-18 07:16 AM
    I'm not impressed by the SD660. Why not a SD835 clocked down for better battery life? 660 seems "okay". I'm tired of my KEYone lagging behind. I need a powerful device. Here's hoping the spec leak for KEY2 is accurate, and it's available without a wait June 7th. I'm not in the position to wait anymore.
    S660 would be more powerful than a S835 clocked down...
    It is a fast chip, don't let the 6xx fools you.
    S660 is on par with S821 power wise.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-18 07:52 AM
    May be in Key3, when it running android P. They can remove those capasitive NAV buttons and make it on-screen and pus the screen size to may be close to 5". but

1. Having the screen right after the Keyboard might cause accidentl touching of the screen which typing on the top row. That could be a pain.
    2. I dont mind the notch design to push for more screen real estate as long as I have my LED notification indicator.
    05-26-18 11:01 PM
    We know it does.
    Oh well.... That sucks but for me it's not a total deal breaker. No OIS for the camera would be though.
    05-27-18 04:22 PM
    Oh well.... That sucks but for me it's not a total deal breaker. No OIS for the camera would be though.
    The original Pixel models, arguably the best phone cameras in the world last year, don't have OIS.
    05-27-18 06:07 PM
    The original Pixel models, arguably the best phone cameras in the world last year, don't have OIS.
    Pixel one doesn't but pixel 2 does.

Also OIS would help get better pictures for phones which won't have advanced google image processing.
    05-27-18 09:31 PM
    Its one of the biggest complaints I would think that blackberry reads the forums and will make the switch on the Key2.
    05-29-18 06:53 PM
    Its one of the biggest complaints I would think that blackberry reads the forums and will make the switch on the Key2.
    I think it's too late, I believe that some have actually seen the final prototypes or test models. And the button are there implemented ala blackberry motion style.
    05-31-18 12:53 PM
    I think it's too late, I believe that some have actually seen the final prototypes or test models. And the button are there implemented ala blackberry motion style.
    How are the Motion buttons different than the KEYone?
    05-31-18 01:47 PM
    Here is somewhat of a confirmation that BlackBerry is already working on Android P; at the very least, they seem very quick to address Android P Hub issues before P is even official let alone available on any BlackBerry device:

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-hub-suite-not-working-android-9-beta-1142342/
    05-31-18 01:52 PM
    Here is somewhat of a confirmation that BlackBerry is already working on Android P; at the very least, they seem very quick to address Android P Hub issues before P is even official let alone available on any BlackBerry device:

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/blackberry-hub-suite-not-working-android-9-beta-1142342/
    If the Hub suite wasn't available at all on other devices, maybe...
    05-31-18 01:53 PM
    If the Hub suite wasn't available at all on other devices, maybe...
    I hear ya...well, I just choose (dream!) to be positive
    05-31-18 01:58 PM
    How are the Motion buttons different than the KEYone?
    The Motions capacitive keys are only visible when the screen is on. While on the KEYone, they're always visible.
    Maybe BBMo did that on purpose so that people who don't know about it would see it and subconsciously instantly tell that it's running Android because everyone knows the Triangle Circle Square buttons
    05-31-18 05:30 PM
    The Motions capacitive keys are only visible when the screen is on. While on the KEYone, they're always visible.
    Maybe BBMo did that on purpose so that people who don't know about it would see it and subconsciously instantly tell that it's running Android because everyone knows the Triangle Circle Square buttons
    Well then if that's the case the buttons should have been On in the teaser video, right? If I am not mistaken they are Off.
    05-31-18 05:40 PM
    Well then if that's the case the buttons should have been On in the teaser video, right? If I am not mistaken they are Off.
    Right, but teasers are just CGI anyways
    05-31-18 05:41 PM
    Right, but teasers are just CGI anyways
    This not fair! I am changing hobbies!
    the_boon likes this.
    05-31-18 05:43 PM
    so it's just confirmed. key2 silver edition 4GB Ram with capacitive buttons.

key 2 black edition 6GB without capacitive buttons.

I WISH!
    06-04-18 04:32 PM
31 12