I. AM. SO. JEALOUS.

Congratz!
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-26-19 11:27 PM
    Actuator motor?? You mean vibration motor?

I found it to be sooo much better on the silver KEY2 compared to the laughable one that was in the KEYone, and the LE's is really nice too.
    Key2's feels like a weak fizzle. And I tried numerous ones to test. They got it right on the KeyOne and LE, IMHO. Like they did with most other things.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-26-19 11:58 PM
    sadly the qwertz versions of red editions are out of stock in the blackberry shop. i hope there will be more and that they start selling them on amazon
    03-27-19 03:03 AM
    Congratulations! Enjoy! It is great to hear that there have been those little improvements you mentioned.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-27-19 03:24 AM
    Thanks!

Now with space bar;

Pressing SILVER is slightly louder than RED.

Clickiness feels also slightly better on RED.

I'm pleased.
    Great! So to confirm: the space bar no longer sounds very different to the other buttons? And it is no longer a loose wobbly mess? If you confirm, I will immediately order one.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-27-19 07:02 AM
    Thanks for creating this thread! I will be staring and drooling over your pics all day!

Also, fantastic job with the photography! Really shows off the phone! CrackBerry should post this on the front page to generate some buzz. Easy clicks for little to no work!

Dammit, TCL... bring the Red Edition to Canada already!!! I'm holding out my money... come and take it!!!
    03-27-19 07:17 AM
    Thanks for creating this thread! I will be staring and drooling over your pics all day!

Also, fantastic job with the photography! Really shows off the phone! CrackBerry should post this on the front page to generate some buzz. Easy clicks for little to no work!

Dammit, TCL... bring the Red Edition to Canada already!!! I'm holding out my money... come and take it!!!
    Didn't Kevin do an early hands on and an unboxing already?

But yeah at this point CrackBerry probably needs to move to a WebOS type front page that's mostly forum feed. "News" about BlackBerry at this point is mostly going to be Automotive, Enterprise of Security related... things that few here really care about.
    Sigewif likes this.
    03-27-19 07:42 AM
    Key2's feels like a weak fizzle. And I tried numerous ones to test. They got it right on the KeyOne and LE, IMHO. Like they did with most other things.
    If there's one thing they REALLY didn't get right on the KEYone (aside from glossy keys and ugly top bezel), it's the vibration motor which is atrocious. KEY2's is definitely better, but LE might be even better than all.
    03-27-19 08:01 AM
    Didn't Kevin do an early hands on and an unboxing already?

Yeah he did, but that was weeks ago but it would be nice to get a real world unboxing posting like the one in this thread.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about visiting the CB main page these days. All the hustle and bustle is in the forums. It would be good if they can channel the active forum community to get some content on the main page.

But to get back on topic, the RE pics keep getting better and better the more I look at them!!
    Rico4you and moosbb like this.
    03-27-19 08:05 AM
    Yeah he did, but that was weeks ago but it would be nice to get a real world unboxing posting like the one in this thread.

I'm finding it hard to get excited about visiting the CB main page these days. All the hustle and bustle is in the forums. It would be good if they can channel the active forum community to get some content on the main page.

But to get back on topic, the RE pics keep getting better and better the more I look at them!!
    What you don't want a free year of MLB.TV? Or to test your DNA to get the right weight loss plan? Liftetime of cloud storage from Zoolz?

They did try something "new" with going over the DTEK app.... again.

Only real news in the last week was the iF Design Awards... that BBMo paid for. Most interesting article was on the Opera Browser... that had nothing really to do with BlackBerry and was almost a clone of the article posted on AndroidCentral the same day.

While I agree the RE pics are great.... maybe when it goes on sale in North America they ought to revisit it a little.
    03-27-19 08:22 AM
    If there's one thing they REALLY didn't get right on the KEYone (aside from glossy keys and ugly top bezel), it's the vibration motor which is atrocious. KEY2's is definitely better, but LE might be even better than all.
    If the red has the same one as the LE, that will definitely be an improvement.

The other thing I think TCL ought to do for the red is to commit two OS upgrades. Given the Key2 is already a year old and still shipping with Oreo, I think that's more than appropriate at this point.
    03-27-19 09:11 AM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ, KEY² vibration motor can't hold a candle to the one in my Curve. When I carried it in my Jean pocket I would almost jump out of my skin when it would vibrate. That was one strong motor.
    03-27-19 09:15 AM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ, KEY² vibration motor can't hold a candle to the one in my Curve. When I carried it in my Jean pocket I would almost jump out of my skin when it would vibrate. That was one strong motor.
    Perhaps I didn't explain myself properly, but what I was referring to was (for example) the "ping" that resonates when you hit the capacitive buttons. On the Key2 I found it to be a shallow buzz rather than a solid thud.

Call me picky but I'm big on haptic feedback. It's part what makes using a physical keyboard device more enjoyable to use. So for me, distractions like that detract from the overall experience. Combine that with some of the other annoyances with Key2 keyboard, such as loose spacebars, and it was enough to put me off altogether.

It's encouraging though to see them continuing to make adjustments based on customer input. Those faint alternate characters on the Key2, for example, definitely needed a boost in contrast.
    03-27-19 10:29 AM
    What you don't want a free year of MLB.TV? Or to test your DNA to get the right weight loss plan? Liftetime of cloud storage from Zoolz?
    LOL! I actually would like a free year of MLB.TV!

I just don't want to site to wither away and based on Mobile Nation's corporate site, all of their resources are being focused on Android Central, Windows Central and iMore while poor Bla1ze is left alone to manage CB.

https://www.mobilenations.com/our-team

I get it, BlackBerry is an incredibly niched market these days and you've got to prioritize your resources to the advertising dollars that bring in the most revenue. But complaining is ingrained in the BlackBerry fanboy DNA so I'm exercising my right!!
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Sigewif like this.
    03-27-19 10:31 AM
    Very Nice!! Congratulations. I would buy one if it was available in Canada.
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-27-19 11:21 AM
    Is looks like they keyboard is slightly more recessed into the frame thereby making the keys more flush.

Is that the case?
    Good eye! Yes ever so so slightly..seems more recessed so more flush.
    RK_BB likes this.
    03-27-19 01:06 PM
    Great! So to confirm: the space bar no longer sounds very different to the other buttons? And it is no longer a loose wobbly mess? If you confirm, I will immediately order one.
    Never experienced wobbly on my KEY2 Silver. But yes on KEY2 RED feels ever so slightly more recessed as mentioned on another post here and not wobbly. Space bar retains a click which is also different than rest of keys. But that is common like typing on thinkpad laptop spacebar makes a diffeferent noise.
    03-27-19 01:13 PM
    I thought the same but pictures dont reflect the amazing RED color over polished metal. Very different compared to KEY2LE Atomic painted over plastic. KEY2 Red Edition really stands out.
    the_boon and bigjman like this.
    03-27-19 01:16 PM
    Never experienced wobbly on my KEY2 Silver. But yes on KEY2 RED feels ever so slightly more recessed as mentioned on another post here and not wobbly. Space bar retains a click which is also different than rest of keys. But that is common like typing on thinkpad laptop spacebar makes a diffeferent noise.
    Thanks for the detailed feedback Rico, can you describe how the spacebar feels when you depress the button?

I'm not talking about the noise, but does it take as much force to press the spacebar as the other keys? Because that's the main difference between the original KEY2's and the LE's.
    03-27-19 01:17 PM
    03-27-19 01:21 PM
    I wonder if BBMo would replace my problematic KEY² keyboard with the Red Edition keyboard if I beg nicely.
    the_boon likes this.
    03-27-19 01:21 PM
    I had off KEY2 silver vibrate off. But to compare turned on.. And yes KEY2 RED vibrates more !
    03-27-19 01:47 PM
    I had off KEY2 silver vibrate off. But to compare turned on.. And yes KEY2 RED vibrates more !
    How's the swiping? Consistent or do you sometimes need a second swipe ?
    Rico4you likes this.
    03-27-19 01:56 PM
    Full Screen brightness for both devices. Comparing side by side KEY2 Silver and KEY2 Red. Display settings screen:
    Display is more white on KEY2 Red. Both are bright but KEY2 Silver having a slight "grey" scale. Also using in low light situation now can see KEY2 Red keyboard perfectly!
    03-27-19 02:10 PM
    How's the swiping? Consistent or do you sometimes need a second swipe ?
    Swiping no issue. Same as on my KEY2 Silver.
    03-27-19 02:57 PM
574 1234 ...