Desktop? People still have those?

:-)
    Oh yeah, gamers do...still the best performance machines. And they use wired mice and keyboards - which are mechanical by the way for tactile feedback - as well. In many ways gamers are like BlackBerry users. Seem old fashioned, but in reality they use the better product. Well that was the case for BB, not sure if it's still the case.
    09-03-19 04:38 PM
    Oh yeah, gamers do...still the best performance machines. And they use wired mice and keyboards - which are mechanical by the way for tactile feedback - as well. In many ways gamers are like BlackBerry users. Seem old fashioned, but in reality they use the better product. Well that was the case for BB, not sure if it's still the case.
    As long as you understood my comments were tongue in cheek.

All five of my kids are gamers of various levels and I’d never make TOTAL fun of them.
    09-03-19 04:50 PM
    Extremely disappointing to see your Red KEY2 has a June 2019 build date since this issue was prevalent from the launch of the KEY2 devices.

At least TCL/BlackBerry Mobile is consistent manufacturing flawed physical keyboards... 🤣

Bob
    Just got my new replacement, less than 2 days delivery. Happy to confirm the spacebar is flawless, i was expecting the same clickiness, but it feels as solid as the other keys. If it weren't for you and boon, i would have just put it up with it. Thanks guys.
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    09-04-19 08:05 AM
    Just got my new replacement, less than 2 days delivery. Happy to confirm the spacebar is flawless, i was expecting the same clickiness, but it feels as solid as the other keys. If it weren't for you and boon, i would have just put it up with it. Thanks guys.
    Thanks for the update @AhabSnake and I'm glad your replacement Red KEY2 meets your expectations and has a solid keyboard and spacebar.

I'm curious what the build date is with your new Red KEY2... your original one was June I believe.

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-19 09:08 AM
    If it weren't for you and boon, i would have just put it up with it. Thanks guys.
    Don't thank me, it's my keyboard OCD lol.

To me the spacebar feel is a deciding factor, I wouldn't use a wobbly one if you gave it to me for free.

Enjoy your replacement KEY2!!!
    09-04-19 09:26 AM
    Thanks for the update @AhabSnake and I'm glad your replacement Red KEY2 meets your expectations and has a solid keyboard and spacebar.

I'm curious what the build date is with your new Red KEY2... your original one was June I believe.

Bob
    6/6/2019. Strange same month as before. Could be an adhesive/moisture issue? My keyone had some clicky keys that went away after a while.
    09-04-19 10:33 AM
    6/6/2019. Strange same month as before. Could be an adhesive/moisture issue? My keyone had some clicky keys that went away after a while.
    Nah, just that all KEY2 manufactured in March 2019 and after should have a revised spacebar assembly, which means it should be nice and firm in place, whether Red or Black (no more Silvers are being made I believe).

The button will still click easier and louder than the other keys though, but it won't feel cheap.
    09-04-19 10:36 AM
    Thanks for the update and I'm glad your replacement is solid... 👍

Unfortunately it's very disappointing that even with these recent builds of the Red KEY2 TCL/BlackBerry Mobile are still producing flawed PKB's. One would think that well after a year of production of the KEY2 they would have been able to sort this issue out.

Evidently not... 🤔

Bob
    09-04-19 10:48 AM
    Thanks for the update and I'm glad your replacement is solid...

Unfortunately it's very disappointing that even with these recent builds of the Red KEY2 TCL/BlackBerry Mobile are still producing flawed PKB's. One would think that well after a year of production of the KEY2 they would have been able to sort this issue out.

Evidently not...

Bob
    I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt (yet again).

One bad case of Red KEY2 isn't too alarming... yet.

If any other reports pop up with the same issue, then that means that getting the new Reds won't necessarily save you from an inferior spacebar.

I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
    09-04-19 10:53 AM
    I'm willing to give these guys the benefit of the doubt (yet again).

One bad case of Red KEY2 isn't too alarming... yet.

If any other reports pop up with the same issue, then that means that getting the new Reds won't necessarily save you from an inferior spacebar.

I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't worry too much just yet.
    Oh I'm not worried personally as I am one of the fortunate ones that has a BE KEY2 with a solid PKB and spacebar...

Bob
    the_boon likes this.
    09-04-19 11:06 AM
    Oh I'm not worried personally as I am one of the fortunate ones that has a BE KEY2 with a solid PKB and spacebar...

Bob
    Every KEY2 owner since launch until now should be a fortunate owner! Lol
    09-04-19 11:30 AM
    Every KEY2 owner since launch until now should be a fortunate owner! Lol
    Only a few of us select KEY2 owners are fortunate owners @the_boon... 🤣

Bob
    the_boon and anon(10387168) like this.
    09-04-19 01:07 PM
    Can anyone please direct me to the Red Edition wallpaper? Looks great in the ads, but sadly it hasnt been included with the device itself. Google search is showing me a zillion wallpaper options, but not the one I am looking for!
    09-05-19 07:21 PM
    Only a few of us select KEY2 owners are fortunate owners @the_boon... ������

Bob
    i can't believe it..., i just got my replacement key2, and now the cost the red edition has gone down by 300 for a ,limited time.....im angry...
    09-06-19 11:46 AM
    i can't believe it..., i just got my replacement key2, and now the cost the red edition has gone down by 300 for a ,limited time.....im angry...
    Where?
    09-06-19 06:38 PM
    Where?
    Amazon Prime, australia.
    Byrese likes this.
    09-06-19 08:13 PM
    I wonder how much stock they have!... I've got mine now, so feel free to buy away!
    09-06-19 08:22 PM
    PDA just informed me that their shipment of (limited) KEY2 Red Editions arrived today! Mine is being shipped on Monday! It's been so long (ordered on April 29) that im afraid to believe that it's actually going to happen!
    09-06-19 09:33 PM
    PDA just informed me that their shipment of (limited) KEY2 Red Editions arrived today! Mine is being shipped on Monday! It's been so long (ordered on April 29) that im afraid to believe that it's actually going to happen!
    You’ll open the box and find it was the device you could have picked up in Orlando months ago. Some box shipper forgot to completely remove the old shipping label. What are the chances?
    09-06-19 09:35 PM
    You’ll open the box and find it was the device you could have picked up in Orlando months ago. Some box shipper forgot to completely remove the old shipping label. What are the chances?
    I will go completely mental if it ends up being the single SIM US variant instead of the BBF100-6 dual SIM variant. MENTAL!!!
    09-06-19 09:40 PM
    I will go completely mental if it ends up being the single SIM US variant instead of the BBF100-6 dual SIM variant. MENTAL!!!
    But, would you keep it?
    09-07-19 06:59 AM
    Wait. Maybe I am missing something. Why is it only now being shipped when you ordered it in April?
    09-07-19 02:18 PM
    Wait. Maybe I am missing something. Why is it only now being shipped when you ordered it in April?
    Layaway plan.... Duh?
    09-07-19 02:20 PM
    When I first bought in April, it was a pre-order with an expected shipping date of end of May. Then they told me that BBMo had "issues" with the batches that were being shipped overseas from EU so it got delayed. Then they told me that BBMo was drip feeding them shipments of a couple of devices per month. My number has finally come up with this most recent shipment.

In fairness to PDA, they've been very apologetic and have offered to refund my full payment every time there was a delay. So I felt comfortable riding it out knowing if TCL were to cancel all orders, I'd get my money back.

I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet (would imagine it would be sent on Monday), so I'm still not out of the woods yet!
    09-07-19 02:45 PM
    When I first bought in April, it was a pre-order with an expected shipping date of end of May. Then they told me that BBMo had "issues" with the batches that were being shipped overseas from EU so it got delayed. Then they told me that BBMo was drip feeding them shipments of a couple of devices per month. My number has finally come up with this most recent shipment.

In fairness to PDA, they've been very apologetic and have offered to refund my full payment every time there was a delay. So I felt comfortable riding it out knowing if TCL were to cancel all orders, I'd get my money back.

I haven't gotten a shipping notification yet (would imagine it would be sent on Monday), so I'm still not out of the woods yet!
    That’s a lotta words to say rent to own......
    09-07-19 02:47 PM
574 ... 1920212223