It's when you have apps left in the recents screen, and when you come back to them an unspecified time later, they "reload" and start over as if you were using the programs for the first time that day.
    It's really annoying if you have a browser with several tabs open, or you were working on something and have to go through the process of getting back to where you last stopped. QUITE annoying.
    When Android runs low on RAM it chooses an app to kill. Apps, without particular effort (which should NOT be done unless actually needed!) are subject to being killed for RAM management reasons.

Properly designed they should come back to a usable place (and maybe where you were depending on the complexity of the app) quickly. However, some aren't all that well - coded....
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    06-13-18 02:29 PM
    I have seen it asked, but not answered. Does it have either aptX or aptX-HD? I guessing it has atleast one, because you said bluetooth audio sounded a lot better than K1.
    06-13-18 03:01 PM
    K2 is worth $1000 in my opinion.
    $1000???? Not $1500? Or why not $2000 for the 128GB version?
    Baller.
    krazyatom likes this.
    06-13-18 03:14 PM
    Well said... I would love them to produce a Keytwo Limited Edition Pro, with even higher specs and price... for those pkb who want the very best and don't mind paying $1200 for a phone but don't want samsung or iphone....

Posted via CB10
    Agree completely.
    06-13-18 03:55 PM
    When Android runs low on RAM it chooses an app to kill. Apps, without particular effort (which should NOT be done unless actually needed!) are subject to being killed for RAM management reasons.

Properly designed they should come back to a usable place (and maybe where you were depending on the complexity of the app) quickly. However, some aren't all that well - coded....
    Yes, some do "come back" after a few seconds of reloading, but like my Habit browser, when I come back nearly all of my tabs are gone except for a few.

Or in the Facebook app when I leave from a post to comment on it later, come back to it only for the app to reload with new posts and I lose my place and have to scramble all over to find the post I wanted. Ugh.

(And I know there are other alternatives besides the Facebook app. But they don't cut the bread when it comes to overall presentation with me).
    06-13-18 05:10 PM
    An app that is killed does have a callback executed on the way out and can save state so it can resume as it was.

Some do a better job of it than others and with a complex work flow it's hard to do well.
    06-13-18 08:29 PM
    Price is the only differentiator in the overcrowded slab market.

BlackBerry Mobile already knows that the costs of licencing and acquiring BlackBerry Android puts them on a another, more expensive path. Add to that a long list of low-volume, completely custom components, and they wouldn't stand a chance in the race to the bottom spec/price market.

TCL's best bet is to find the right spec/price balance that people would be most comfortable paying for - but always understanding that it will forever be a niche player of premium (not necessarily high-spec) devices.

At the end of the day, if people don't value a pkb and the other durability and security features, then such is life. TCL will move on to greener pastures.
    When I see all the posts about price and specs I just think to everyone happily buying the new iPhone every year whether they pay cash or finance it through payments.

In my opinion I think $650 isn't a lot to drop on a phone doesn't matter if it had a PKB or was a slab. I'd happily drop $700 or maybe even $750 on the KEY² $800-$900 would have me thinking twice. Just my thoughts.
    06-13-18 09:03 PM
    Can you please post some sample photos low light preferred.
    06-13-18 09:33 PM
    You're signal doesn't look all that great
    I somewhat understand when people leave out the 're when it needs it to type "your" instead of "you're," I know I'm lazy sometimes too. But I don't get why you'd want to type MORE letters when you didn't need to, haha. :-P
    joewoo likes this.
    06-13-18 10:41 PM
    I've asked this probably a dozen times in like every different medium and nobody answers this, but can you customize the speedkey to do CTRL shortcuts like you currently can with the right shift key that key replaced?
    06-13-18 10:42 PM
    I've asked this probably a dozen times in like every different medium and nobody answers this, but can you customize the speedkey to do CTRL shortcuts like you currently can with the right shift key that key replaced?
    I don't see any options for that.

It may change in the retail version or in future software updates but I cannot promise anything as I don't work for BlackBerry or TCL.

It let's you open applications or shortcuts, that's all.
    06-13-18 10:51 PM
    I don't see any options for that.

It may change in the retail version or in future software updates but I cannot promise anything as I don't work for BlackBerry or TCL.

It let's you open applications or shortcuts, that's all.
    Actually I found out this was answered in another thread. They made it so now you can program the DOLLAR SIGN key to be the CTRL key... Garbage... They might as well have replaced the key for the letter O or some other character we actually use on a daily basis... smfh...

Thanks for checking for me though, I appreciate it.
    06-13-18 10:59 PM
    I have seen it asked, but not answered. Does it have either aptX or aptX-HD? I guessing it has atleast one, because you said bluetooth audio sounded a lot better than K1.
    I have tired to determine that information but I cannot find an application that will tell you that information.
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-4770.jpg  
    06-13-18 10:59 PM
    Can you please verify if the shortcuts still work from the homescreen without having to press the speed key simultaneously? Us one-handed users need to know! Thanks!
    06-13-18 11:04 PM
    Can you please verify if the shortcuts still work from the homescreen without having to press the speed key simultaneously? Us one-handed users need to know! Thanks!
    Yes they do!

E.g.

Long pressing T will open Tasks.

Long pressing R will let you assign an app or shortcut.

You get the picture
    06-13-18 11:07 PM
    Oh ya there's an option in the settings too.
    Attached Thumbnails I got the BlackBerry KEY2. Ask Me Anything.-4771.jpg  
    06-13-18 11:13 PM
    I have tired to determine that information but I cannot find an application that will tell you that information.
    Thanks for trying. I am not sure how to tell either. But if you say bluetooth sounds better on decent cans then it likely is. (Maybe not HD though, as I don't think 660 supports it). I just googled how to check, and there is now easy unless device maker decides to show it. I also found a link on how to download and install driver for it if your chipset supports it but manufacturer doesn't list it, but unlikely that would work on a locked down blackberry. I forget how but it was easy to tell on z30.

Somebody should tweet BBM and ask... I don't do twitter.
    06-13-18 11:15 PM
    Yes they do!

E.g.

Long pressing T will open Tasks.

Long pressing R will let you assign an app or shortcut.

You get the picture
    Thanks for confirming! This is great news as I was worried that shortcuts could ONLY work in tandem with the speed key. I’m glad to see that you don’t need to press the speed key if you want to hit a shortcut key from the homescreen. One handed use lives!
    06-13-18 11:40 PM
    Somebody should tweet BBM and ask... I don't do twitter.
    We will see: https://twitter.com/eduSquirrel/stat...27762526785536
    06-14-18 12:09 AM
    What about wifi calling does it work with the K2.?

Posted via my Awesome passport
    06-14-18 12:26 AM
    Should be @blackberrymobile
    06-14-18 12:43 AM
    06-14-18 12:55 AM
    Thanks for confirming! This is great news as I was worried that shortcuts could ONLY work in tandem with the speed key. I’m glad to see that you don’t need to press the speed key if you want to hit a shortcut key from the homescreen. One handed use lives!
    That would have been straight up regression
    06-14-18 12:58 AM
    Hi OP, based on initial feedback from the Chinese users it seems the space-bar is rather loose and wobbly. Is that the same for your K2?
    No, I don't have that problem. Sounds like they got bad batches.
    06-14-18 01:34 AM
    You said that the speaker is louder. Does that translate into a louder speaker phone? Does that mean that the clarity is better too?

Thanks for the early insight btw.
    Yes. Clarity is better and it is louder when on a voice call on speaker. Not as loud as the Passport however.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    06-14-18 01:42 AM
388 ... 678910 ...